MadonnaNation.com Forums

On 11/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

The album cover pic doesn't load anymore so here's a new one. Let's celebrate it's awfulness.

Nelly_Furtado_-_The_Ride.png

Everytime I see this album cover IKEA comes to my mind! Blame the wood and the mix of yellow flowers and blue clothes: their logo colours! :lmao:

logo.png

On 11/2/2017 at 4:07 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

Loose is indeed her best album, but I rarely see people talking about her debut. . .I love "My Love Grows Deeper Everyday" and "Scared of You". The album had a very distinct poppy Hip-Hop/R&B sound, it's different from anything else! Quite remarkable really. 

I like Loose, but I think it's her weakest album. Her debut is my favorite, followed by Folklore, and then The Ride and Spirit Indestructible. Loose to me is like HC - it's just not HER. It's Timbaland with her singing.

23 hours ago, vocalism said:

I like Loose, but I think it's her weakest album. Her debut is my favorite, followed by Folklore, and then The Ride and Spirit Indestructible. Loose to me is like HC - it's just not HER. It's Timbaland with her singing.

Her debut is an interesting record, but the singles - like "Turn off the Light" and "...On the Radio" - make ME CRINGE BADLY. Sorry but I'd rather take "Do It", "Maneater", "Promiscuous", "All Good Things (Come to an End)",  and "In God's Hands" any day. It's almost an endless list. Oh, I actually left "Say It Right" there. And the album tracks like "Wait for You" and "Showtime" are out of this universe. Loose is her GOLDEN ERA - it lives forever for people who appreciate A+ pop music from mid 2000's. Again, sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but in all seriousness I'm just not one of those prude whiners complaining about Timbaland collaborating with Nelly, because the result was CLEARLY EXCELLENT. If you think otherwise, it's almost like you denied 2+2=4. 

2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Her debut is an interesting record, but the singles - like "Turn off the Light" and "...On the Radio" - make ME CRINGE BADLY. Sorry but I'd rather take "Do It", "Maneater", "Promiscuous", "All Good Things (Come to an End)",  and "In God's Hands" any day. It's almost an endless list. Oh, I actually left "Say It Right" there. And the album tracks like "Wait for You" and "Showtime" are out of this universe. Loose is her GOLDEN ERA - it lives forever for people who appreciate A+ pop music from mid 2000's. Again, sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but in all seriousness I'm just not one of those prude whiners complaining about Timbaland collaborating with Nelly, because the result was CLEARLY EXCELLENT. If you think otherwise, it's almost like you denied 2+2=4. 

👍

21 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I don't think you're being rude. You're entitled to your opinion. I agree that Timbaland and Nelly was a great match, and one that she should have made right after her debut and all those hip-hop collabs she was doing. That said, I never liked "Do It" - it's just cheesy bubblegum pop, and "Maneater" is catchy but gets old fast. Reminds me of M's "Animal." I'm not surprised it flopped as a single. I like Nelly's ballads, but I can do without "In God's Hands." "Showtime" sounds like a TLC outtake and "Wait for You" is the same song Timbaland has done like four times (with JT, M, etc.). "Promiscuous" is totally fresh though. And I love "All Good Things"! "Say It Right" is great but I've just heard it so many times I'm completely immune to it. 

I just think the production on Whoa, Nelly! is insane. It's so unique and interesting. I remember hearing that album for the first time and thinking it was something new and exciting. And Folklore is flawed with some filler, but the peaks on that album are even better than the first album's. 

18 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Spilling SCALDING truth tea as usual Imagem relacionada

Flokolore > loose.