Some things are so unfair. News from Alepo

All these past days I've been working in the International section, with so many feast holidays I had to help there. And yesterday the news were so hard I couldn't take them out of my head. I don't know if the last attack in Aleppo (Syria) has been commented widely in the news, I have given it the largest space possible in the newspaper: one front page yesterday and half page today, because the story was so sad and unfair. More than 100 people died after a car exploded near Aleppo. People dead and hurt were displaced citizens, evacuated from several cities from Syria. Among those dead were 68 children. 

Those people had endured 4 years of war. These past 2 years they were under siege in their cities, opressed by IS yihadists, and suffering the fear, hunger, death... Most of them are children. 

Today I'm so shaken with these images of photografer Abd Alkader Habak. Just before the blast media were taking images of the buses where citizens were embarking to continue their trip. Just seconds later, there was hell. And this photographer tried to help until he broke down, unable to continue. 

14923537247241.jpg(23852309).jpg

fotog.jpg

Happy Easter :rolleyes:

I see all my American friends posting pictures of rabbits and colored eggs. They're the fucking worst. Imagine if this happened to them for 1 day. For 1 hour.

So true. This is a disaster. And yes, I haven't heard of this so far. It's a nightmare and i don't even know how to comment on such 'news' anymore. I mean I'm here with my parents to look at their new apartment and we rave about the terrace and the view and complain about the weather, and somewhere else this happens and it's really just so utterly unfair and sick, it just leaves me speechless and hopeless...

Disgusting, sad and utterly horrifying

The carnage in the Middle East must stop, other parts of the world too of course

But the entire Middle East has been ravaged for over a decade now, shameful

Let's hope for no more savage Western, Vatican-approved game-playing