Beautiful Killer

Timbaland shares untold stories behind songs with Madonna, etc.

77 posts in this topic

This is only my opinion but for the masses if she didn't include tracks 8,9,10 and made it a 10 track album it would've been an amazing effort!

Beat goes on, dance tonight and Spanish lesson were the fillers that brought it down. They are individually good 'b' sides! 3 in a row is a bit too much. Its not the big bad album a lot of people thinks it is. Were all different, I lost the cd I made from back then but I cut those 3 out.

(I know, I know youre all going to say you love those songs, as I said were all different).

OMG !! Don't forget I'll be in Uk in July, @Barney !! I'll go up to spank your ass !!! :lol:

BGO should have been a single, crazily funky song :inlove:

IT DESERVED A FABULOUS VIDEO TREATMENT!

OMG !! Don't forget I'll be in Uk in July, @Barney !! I'll go up to spank your ass !!! :lol:

You better keep your promise! haha

Dance 2night is a gem, don't you dare call it a filler!

:madno:

HC aged so well and the songs still sound fresh.

The only songs I don't like on HC are Spanish Lesson and Candy Shop. The rest is pretty stellar.

I hear Madonna tribe has a forum where only gushing praise is allowed, maybe you would enjoy it there more.  One of the good things about this forum is that it accepts we are all fans.  End of, so open discussion on what we do and dont like is fun and much more interesting.  Why try and shut something down because you dont agree with someones opinion? Converse back or skip the page.

tVHgftKlFb7X2.gif

You're right.  Shouldnt be that way.  Its a public forum that exists for comments.

I love Hard Candy.

You're right.  Shouldnt be that way.  Its a public forum that exists for comments.

Tempers often fray in here but we are all united in our love for Madonna.

But I don't think there's ever a need to call individuals out in here though.

What an album and it has aged awesome! Candy Shop the song of LIFE bringing incredible memorable moments to every tour since it's release, 4 Minutes making the law of attraction sexy, Give it 2 me, another song of LIFE and she looks so hot in the lame-ish video that it makes it, Heartbeat is skippable but cute, and I loved the choreography on tour, Miles Away and She's Not Me are two of my FAVORITES still. Incredible is a frustrating and fun album track that at times gives me life, at other times I have to skip it, Dance 2night I can do without, sorry, hated Spanish Lesson the first time I heart it, but the tour version made me absolutely LOVE it, also it is the only Madonna song that my dog likes. I'm not kidding. As soon as the guitar plays at the beginning, she starts running around crazy jumping around wanting to play, and she acts like that the entire time the track plays! She reacts to the live version in the same way. It's so bizarre. Devil and Voices are an incredible one to punch finale to the record, both are heartbreaking, honest, and cool af. 

Hard Candy was my break up album from my first boyfriend! Listened to She's Not Me on repeat for months thinking about how nasty that twink he cheated on me with was and how I wished them both anal warts. Sticky and Sweet was also the first tour where every night there were new videos on youtube the next day and you could really follow along night after night, so that started that fun M tour tradition. 

BGO should have been a ssecond  crazily funky song :inlove:

It should have been the second single in the US.Probably her biggest wasted opportunity to have an hit single there.

It is a public forum that exists for comments, therefore, we can comment that we don't like other people's comments too! The burning question here is why do some fans feel the need to be the devil's advocate (seemingly) just for the sake of it? Like you come here all...."I'm gonna show them".....WHY?? No offense but every single thing I've read from you has been some sort backhanded jab at Madonna.....that's fine. You're entitled to that but don't get all whiny when you're called out for it. Overall, THIS forum isn't the environment for Madonna jabs....sorry, it's just not. Good news is, ALL the other major Madonna forums are practically Madonna hate sites that love to discuss all of their perceived Madonna missteps. Not only that, but just about every forum dedicated to other artists or any general music forums that discuss Madonna always LOVE to talk about everything they hate about her. If that doesn't satiate your need for discussing Madonna career blunders then there are always the comments sections of ANY news article you read about her and ANY YouTube video of hers. So.....trust, there's PLENTY outlets for discussing "alternative" Madonna opinions. What's wrong with ONE place in this big old world wide web with a more positive, celebratory tone?? 

It is a public forum that exists for comments, therefore, we can comment that we don't like other people's comments too! The burning question here is why do some fans feel the need to be the devil's advocate (seemingly) just for the sake of it? Like you come here all...."I'm gonna show them".....WHY?? No offense but every single thing I've read from you has been some sort backhanded jab at Madonna.....that's fine. You're entitled to that but don't get all whiny when you're called out for it. Overall, THIS forum isn't the environment for Madonna jabs....sorry, it's just not. Good news is, ALL the other major Madonna forums are practically Madonna hate sites that love to discuss all of their perceived Madonna missteps. Not only that, but just about every forum dedicated to other artists or any general music forums that discuss Madonna always LOVE to talk about everything they hate about her. If that doesn't satiate your need for discussing Madonna career blunders then there are always the comments sections of ANY news article you read about her and ANY YouTube video of hers. So.....trust, there's PLENTY outlets for discussing "alternative" Madonna opinions. What's wrong with ONE place in this big old world wide web with a more positive, celebratory tone?? 

:bow:

I hear Madonna tribe has a forum where only gushing praise is allowed, maybe you would enjoy it there more.  One of the good things about this forum is that it accepts we are all fans.  End of, so open discussion on what we do and dont like is fun and much more interesting.  Why try and shut something down because you dont agree with someones opinion? Converse back or skip the page.

isnt it the other way around? (or maybe i missed the sarcasm). i thought they were very critical there. I remember them having a go at a fan saying madonna is a "performance artist", because according to them she's not talented/creative/whoknowswhatelse enough to be named like that. They are known for being a very critical fansite. Maybe they changed now though!

The "other" sites just kill the joy of being a Madonna fan, they just rejoice in negative comments thinking they make them seem smart. 

I'm so grateful for a place like Madonnanation and it's general positive, celebratory tone in the sea of internet negativity. 

"Beat Goes On" is essential Hard Candy, "beep beep get up outta your seat," used to sing that with friends who liked the album all the time back in the day haha. I do think Dance 2 Night and especially Spanish Lesson could have been left off the record.

I remember when this came out I thought Madonna was going to have the most monster hits. Everything Tmbaland touched before this was huge.

Still annoyed "4 Minutes" didn't go #1 but "Touch My Body" did .... :americanlife:

If you're not in the in crowd here, your opinion means nothing. Sad, but true. 

I've never wanted to be in any in crowd.

I come and discuss Madonna and everything related to her and I've been torn to pieces before which is ironic, because we all heavily criticise the people who call Madonna out on a regular basis! 😂

The only track I'll remove (if forced to) from Hard Candy is Voices. Whoever mixed that should be put to jail? 

the orchestral version is so much better..

Voices is the best track of HC.

And one of M's best songs evah TBH :drama::bow:

Thank you Kurt. :wink:

And one of M's best songs evah TBH :drama::bow:

Voices is amazing, it remainds me so much of an ex boyfriend (not a very sane one) 😂😂😂

The only track I'll remove (if forced to) from Hard Candy is Voices. Whoever mixed that should be put to jail? 

Great track ruined by horrible mixing and mastering.

Keep Demo Castellon out of the studio, please! 

The only track I'll remove (if forced to) from Hard Candy is Voices.

AGREED.

Yes. :thumbsup: