MadonnaNation.com Forums
Beautiful Killer

Timbaland shares untold stories behind songs with Madonna, etc.

Erotica is hot. Hard Candy has some cool and awesome moments - but never was a "hot" album - no matter how hot it was in the recording studio. It was a commercial Timberland construct without much soul to produce hits. It didn't work as it was planned. But I'm grateful for Miles Away.

Kurt420    0

If we go there...i'd love to see what "a like a prayer era madonna" in 1989 would think if someone told her that in 2015 she's release the "bitch i'm madonna" song as a single. I think she'd kill her career in 1989, LOL

Not sure what Madonna of 1989 would've said but Madonna of 1998 didn't want to be making pop music videos and "stomping" around MSG at age 50.....she wanted to be a movie star by this point. Perhaps you and the other one would've preferred that as well.

Confessit    0

Not sure what Madonna of 1989 would've said but Madonna of 1998 didn't want to be making pop music videos and "stomping" around MSG at age 50.....she wanted to be a movie star by this point. Perhaps you and the other one would've preferred that as well.

I agree I think following the huge critical and commercial impact of Evita she saw a movie career ahead of her.

But she was already almost 40 with Evita, and roles for successfully established actressess in Hollywood post-40 are hard to come by, let alone Madonna!

Orion    0

Another day, another MESS of a thread

giphy.gif

Confessit    0

Erotica is hot. Hard Candy has some cool and awesome moments - but never was a "hot" album - no matter how hot it was in the recording studio. It was a commercial Timberland construct without much soul to produce hits. It didn't work as it was planned. But I'm grateful for Miles Away.

I'm also in the camp of it didn't work out as expected.

The anticipation of Hard Candy was enormous I remember the so excited at the time, but Timberland had procdued much better material and although Pharells stuff was catchy, he'd produced bigger and better stuff.

I was expecting mammoth singles as at the time Timberland was setting the charts on fire every month with something new !

Nikki    0

Hard Candy has aged so well and has grown on me so much through the years! It's such a brillant funky record.:clap: 

it's so much better than MDNA (aside from beautiful killer) even though it had a bad reputation i remember i listened to the album all the time. it really has a raw funk element to it that i appreciate 

VogueMusic    0

giphy.gif

It's gonna be a long few years...

Mattvoyager    0

I hear Madonna tribe has a forum where only gushing praise is allowed, maybe you would enjoy it there more.  One of the good things about this forum is that it accepts we are all fans.  End of, so open discussion on what we do and dont like is fun and much more interesting.  Why try and shut something down because you dont agree with someones opinion? Converse back or skip the page.

Confessit    0

I hear Madonna tribe has a forum where only gushing praise is allowed, maybe you would enjoy it there more.  One of the good things about this forum is that it accepts we are all fans.  End of, so open discussion on what we do and dont like is fun and much more interesting.  Why try and shut something down because you dont agree with someones opinion? Converse back or skip the page.

Always the same in here.  

If you hint you like anything about lady Gaga it's instant execution. An attack on her single leads is torture, and anything about her age is life in prison 😂

Jazzy Jan    0

Well, don't bring Gaga up in the Madonna sections.  Talk about her in her own thread.  

Confessit    0

Well, don't bring Gaga up in the Madonna sections.  Talk about her in her own thread.  

It was a reference to her release this week, that's all. 

runa    0

If we go there...i'd love to see what "a like a prayer era madonna" in 1989 would think if someone told her that in 2015 she's release the "bitch i'm madonna" song as a single. I think she'd kill her career in 1989, LOL

Oh you're still there I see. :provoke:

I really miss @Hector and his Royal Flush these days.

runa    0

Always the same in here.  

With people like you around here, normal it's always the same.

Funny like you're always one of those who stir shit in almost every post you do. No surprise you get attacked. 

Confessit    0

With people like you around here, normal it's always the same.

Funny like you're always one of those who stir shit in almost every post you do. No surprise you get attacked. 

I don't shit stir I was simply commenting and following on with the on going discussion.

My tongue in cheek comment about being executed for mentioning Gaga I feel is justified all the same.

But we are all united in our love for the Queen.

anastaza    0

Who doesn't!?

Hard Candy is THE album.

aMEN. 

Hard Candy is LIFE.  Some of you all better recognize.

IsaacHarris    0

Hard Candy is LIFE.  Some of you all better recognize.

Truly & those that don't know are blind. Even the devil wouldn't recognize them (but I do).

Barney    0

This is only my opinion but for the masses if she didn't include tracks 8,9,10 and made it a 10 track album it would've been an amazing effort!

Beat goes on, dance tonight and Spanish lesson were the fillers that brought it down. They are individually good 'b' sides! 3 in a row is a bit too much. Its not the big bad album a lot of people thinks it is. Were all different, I lost the cd I made from back then but I cut those 3 out.

(I know, I know youre all going to say you love those songs, as I said were all different).

anastaza    0

This is only in my opinion but for the masses if she didn't include tracks 8,9,10 and made it a 10 track album it would've been an amazing effort!

Beat goes on, dance tonight and Spanish lesson were the fillers that brought it down. They are individually good 'b' sides! 3 in a row is a bit too much. Its not the big bad album a lot of people thinks it is. Were all different, I lost the cd I made from back then but I cut those 3 out.

(I know, I know youre all going to say you love those songs, as I said were all different).

I LOVE THESE SONGS!

:lol:

IsaacHarris    0

^ SAME! Those are 3 of the highlights of HC :drama:

If we're keeping it real, Beat Goes On is probably my FAVORITE Madonna song. EVER. IN EXISTENCE. PERIOD.

Barney    0

I KNEW! hahaha The beat goes on can stay. lets compromise. haha

Pedro    0

giphy.gif

Hard Candy has aged so well and has grown on me so much through the years! It's such a brillant funky record.:clap: 

I LOVE THESE SONGS!

:lol:

Who doesn't!?

Hard Candy is THE album.

Yes, yes, yes, yes 

Orion    0

BGO should have been a single, crazily funky song :inlove: