MadonnaNation.com Forums
Beautiful Killer

Timbaland shares untold stories behind songs with Madonna, etc.

The Queen of Pop brought the heat when she teamed up with Timbaland and co-producer Pharrell Williams for her Hard Candy LP — and not just metaphorically. Madonna has been known to turn down the air-conditioning at concerts and during recording sessions over concerns that colder, drier air could affect her voice. “The studio was hot,” Timbaland remembers. But apart from her high-temp preferences, there was no diva behavior in the booth. “She was down-to-earth Madonna,” he says. “She’s just brutally honest about a lot of stuff: ‘I’m doing this, I’m not going to sing that.’ She’s very matter-of-fact but still very fun and loving and into her craft.”

http://ew.com/music/2017/04/14/timbaland-untold-stories-missy-elliott-madonna-beyonce/

Icykiller    0

Did he think he could persuade her to do otherwise? She's got both balls AND ovaries! She's a tough cookie, something I love about her :IMG_1564:

IsaacHarris    0

The Queen of Pop brought the heat when she teamed up with Timbaland and co-producer Pharrell Williams for her Hard Candy LP — and not just metaphorically.

What a wonderfully accurate description! HARD CANDY is still a hot album, to this day 🍬 

The Queen of Pop brought the heat when she teamed up with Timbaland and co-producer Pharrell Williams for her Hard Candy LP — and not just metaphorically. Madonna has been known to turn down the air-conditioning at concerts and during recording sessions over concerns that colder, drier air could affect her voice. “The studio was hot,” Timbaland remembers. But apart from her high-temp preferences, there was no diva behavior in the booth. “She was down-to-earth Madonna,” he says. “She’s just brutally honest about a lot of stuff: ‘I’m doing this, I’m not going to sing that.’ She’s very matter-of-fact but still very fun and loving and into her craft.”

http://ew.com/music/2017/04/14/timbaland-untold-stories-missy-elliott-madonna-beyonce/

She has always from the incipience of exercising her craft is a feisty ball of fire. She is a debonair, well-armored lioness.

Madonna (9).jpg

c4a39c7fadf797cf66eb8136eab839e9.jpg

Edited by Anselme_Cristian

LVX    0

Always great to hear these stories from her collaborators. :thumbsup:

Barbie    0

Holy Candy deserves all its praise. 

Barbie    0

Even the leftover tracks from Timeless Candy were LIFE 

Mattvoyager    0

Shame the album was so cold then.  A low point.

Orion    0

I love to read producers praising her!:inlove:

Same! :thumbsup:

It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot. It was a microwaved-level warmness. Uneven.

Mattvoyager    0

BYE

Oh I get it. Public forums and free speech etc are only good if ppl say what you wanted to hear.

hard candy was a low point sounding dated the week it came out and containing stuff a like a prayer era madonna wouldn't have used as a bside. Better than 90% of the charts at the time but for madonna it was not good.

billyto    0

It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot. It was a microwaved-level warmness. Uneven.

Right. Timbo and Pharell were working with early 00's microwaves by then.

They had mastery of the "defrost" APP, but could do little about the lingering staleness.

VogueMusic    0

Well then, so much for a "cold" or "lukewarm" album that launched one of her last big global hits, and the most successful tour by a female/solo artist in history.

Oh well.

Oh I get it. Public forums and free speech etc are only good if ppl say what you wanted to hear.

hard candy was a low point sounding dated the week it came out and containing stuff a like a prayer era madonna wouldn't have used as a bside. Better than 90% of the charts at the time but for madonna it was not good.

If we go there...i'd love to see what "a like a prayer era madonna" in 1989 would think if someone told her that in 2015 she's release the "bitch i'm madonna" song as a single. I think she'd kill her career in 1989, LOL

Mattvoyager    0

If we go there...i'd love to see what "a like a prayer era madonna" in 1989 would think if someone told her that in 2015 she's release the "bitch i'm madonna" song as a single. I think she'd kill her career in 1989, LOL

Lol. But back then she was in charge and not oseary, and it took herself and one or two others to write an entire album not a boardroom to write a song.