MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

WHAT ABOUT: when MJ put a list of all his awards in his album artwork?

Suedehead    0

As well as pics and write-ups by Liz T and a caption of "I love you, Diana" 

And yes I'm tawkin' 'bout HIStory 1 and 2

Jazzy Jan    0

:rotfl: All of his awards.  That is so vain but hilarious.

Kanye West must get his inspiration from him with his passion for awards - he even storms stages to say who should win them.  Unfortunately for Kanye, he won't have a legendary film goddess like Liz Taylor to praise him or do write ups.  He could get Chris Jenner to do it for nothing though - or one of the Kardashians. 

ctg12    0

Remember when he made up winning the artist of the millennium award on mtv on his birthday? 

He was always so humble and modest.

jonski43    0

Remember when he made up winning the artist of the millennium award on mtv on his birthday? 

He was always so humble and modest.

And the Brits gave him the fake 'King of Pop' award to appear. So thirsty. 

I sometimes wish M would make more of her awards etc but when I see stuff like this, I'm glad she doesn't. She knows she's the Queen.

Jazzy Jan    0

Going to hijack this thread for a minute ( MJ and Elizabeth Taylor are both featured though so there is a reason )   God I love Madonna's speech for Elizabeth Taylor's birthday and see how MJ got up to kiss Madonna at 3.20.   Madonna and Elizabeth - what beautiful iconic woman.  I love her speeches. 

karbatal    0

And for History he raised several statues too.  

What a poor man, so talented and so insecure. 

Barbie    0

Yea he was definitely obsessed with all that bullshit. The king of cringe if I'm being completely honest. 

Lolo    0

Yea he was definitely obsessed with all that bullshit. The king of cringe if I'm being completely honest. 

I feel bad to talk about him like that but he always creeped me out! I never got why people were so crazy about him. There was absolutely nothing that clicked with me, except for many of his songs. I still love the music, but I never liked his star persona. And all that weird sex talk and nasty posing in his lyrics/videos... coming from this asexual subject, it's so creepy. 

Anne    0

LaToya is the only sane person from that family

Not to asperse MJ. There is a broader more perverse issue @ the core of his insecurities. This would be man's morbid lust for power and recognition. 

One of Madonna's greatest characteristics is her gracious disposition both in private and in her domain-- Music studio. Just read a terrific piece on this forum recently posted by a fan. Paraphrase Madonna implied she didn't believe in being tyrannical with her musicianship. She annexed a willingness to embrace input from different people to help sculpt her artistry. Many of her contemporaries (i.e. MJ, Prince) while inclined habitually to place their stamp on each of their records with their signatures of approval... M was/is content in letting her music vocalize for her; while accrediting her team (i.e. Patrick Leonard, Stephen Bray, Shep Pettibone, William Orbit among many.)

Icykiller    0

:rotfl: All of his awards.  That is so vain but hilarious.

Kanye West must get his inspiration from him with his passion for awards - he even storms stages to say who should win them.  Unfortunately for Kanye, he won't have a legendary film goddess like Liz Taylor to praise him or do write ups.  He could get Chris Jenner to do it for nothing though - or one of the Kardashians. 

Never thought about it but you're so right, Kanye's dellusion parallels Michael's, but in a cheaper, Kardashian version!

So MJ...His trophies as a phallic symbol of power, his peter pan conflict... Man, Freud would've adored this individual.

Martin B.    0

With the Jackson family, it has always been preferable to stick to music alone. Michael and Janet had/have a disagreeable and awful personality: liar, manipulator, opinionless, narcissistic, egocentric.

Crux    0

:lol:

I've been a fan of MJ for as long as I have Madonna, but I always laughed when he did that. I have the vinyl (as well as the cd and cassette version) and I think the book is beautiful....

He was such a musical genuius though. I often wonder what his future album's would've been like if he was alive.

Anyway, here's the HIStory booklet for anyone who's interested....

LaToya is the only sane person from that family

what about

MerGirl    0

And his stans love to pretend he wasn't  thirsty for accolades 

Honestly I had no idea about this lol, but even as a child I found those statues he used for promo weird and megalomaniac (very interesting that the gargoyle had one made for her artstop promo 👀)

horn    0

Is Pariah related to them? 'cos she has the same gene.

todsmod    0

To be honest, I've never bought a single Jackson (Jancel or Jacko) album....even though I enjoyed "some" of their early music.  MJ was also a bit weird for my taste.....hheee, shammohn......wtf is all of that?  Don't get me wrong, the dude did have talent.  It was just something about his personality that never clicked w/me.  I know Madonna had her little "hey" in LAV, but she didn't repeat it in every song after.  The whole Jackson clan were always a bit too eccentric/self-absorbed for me.  

TRVC    0

To be honest, I've never bought a single Jackson (Jancel or Jacko) album....even though I enjoyed "some" of their early music.  MJ was also a bit weird for my taste.....hheee, shammohn......wtf is all of that?  Don't get me wrong, the dude did have talent.  It was just something about his personality that never clicked w/me.  I know Madonna had her little "hey" in LAV, but she didn't repeat it in every song after.  The whole Jackson clan were always a bit too eccentric/self-absorbed for me.  

😂😂😂 so true 

Fever    0

I'm sure Jancel did the same in Design of a Decade. 

I feel bad to talk about him like that but he always creeped me out! I never got why people were so crazy about him. There was absolutely nothing that clicked with me, except for many of his songs. I still love the music, but I never liked his star persona. And all that weird sex talk and nasty posing in his lyrics/videos... coming from this asexual subject, it's so creepy. 

Agree. Yes, there was def talent obviously and he's a legend and iconic in every way from the 70s- Thriller and kind of sorta Bad. But in/around Bad is when both the music, image, persona etc..all turned into creepy, forgettable shit. I honestly lost interest after Thriller. It was clearly more about his persona than quality material. Madonna kept getting better and better and bigger with the MUSIC and videos while MJs ego and major insecurities (like Mariah and Gaga) dominated everything he did versus the actual music. Was ALL about milking his golden era which peaked in 1983/84 and boasting about his PAST chart achievements etc... Sorry but he's like original Gaga and Mariah. Also agree..I can't stand that whole family. Just sad that old evil bastard of a father will prob live to be 100 off of his kids success! :# 

nightcutter    0

The hot centipede song is a stomper.