MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

BAT DVD should have been released hot on the heels of STRIKE A POSE docco

Another opportunity missed for team Madonna. 

Seriously sort it out Guy O !

Another day another BAT DVD thread :rotfl:

But I think Strike A Pose was merely recognized among M fans, it had almost no public exposure or any sort of buzz. 

But still, give us the BAT DVD any day! It would make headlines in all music/entertainment media. They may not be aware but they're all waiting for it!!!

I wonder if she watched it

I think she would have been emotional at the scene where they all meet

Well I finally watched it too and I really like the scene where Luis reminds them all that M doesn't owe them anything and that all what happened afterwards was because of their own doing. So mature of one who always seemed like the most childish (next to Oliver of course). 

I'm very positive M has watched this but I don't expect her to really care.

I think she watched it at MoMA a few months ago but as soon as it was over she didn't stick around

I think she watched it at MoMA a few months ago but as soon as it was over she didn't stick around

That was ToD though, not Strike a Pose.

The cast did a large promotional campaign with a lot of interviews in many European and US markets, so yes it could all have been tied up nicely.

TOD 25 anniversary.

SAP Doc. 

BAT DVD. 

I don't know why but I have a strange crazy idea that Madonna was behind the SAP documentary in someway or another, as producer or generation of the concept or something. 

So has Madonna herself seen the documentary about her documentary? According to Luis Camacho, possibly. “I haven’t spoken to her in a long time but just recently we had a Q&A where the moderator told us that he was with [Madonna’s manager] Guy Oseary and Guy told him that Madonna did see the film and that she liked it very much,” Camacho says. “Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know. But I’d like to think that’s the true story, so I’m going to keep on believing that.”

http://www.laweekly.com/music/strike-a-pose-documentary-puts-madonnas-blond-ambition-tour-dancers-in-the-spotlight-8102688

Well over here in Germany there was almost no media coverage, although SAP was shown at the Berlinale last year. Maybe it was different in the US. 

Im so afraid that a future BA DVD will look like what we got for RH. I'm very positive Madonna wants to give it the heavy editing and filter treatment a.k.a. her artistic vision.

Well over here in Germany there was almost no media coverage, although SAP was shown at the Berlinale last year. Maybe it was different in the US. 

Im so afraid that a future BA DVD will look like what we got for RH. I'm very positive Madonna wants to give it the heavy editing and filter treatment a.k.a. her artistic vision.

There is no way to do that heavy editing if they have lost the films. Best we can hope for is the Nice show like it appeared on the laser disc but probably that will not even happen.

Berlinale and Madonna have a long and beautiful history

Let's not forget that the cheeks were first unveiled in Berlinale (acko remix) 

Berlinale and Madonna have a long and beautiful history

Let's not forget that the cheeks were first unveiled in Berlinale (acko remix) 

:rotfl:

I always suggested a strong editorial payola campaign, BAT needs those written essays in major publications...ART HOUSE SCREENINGS...Paris London Milan Tokyo New York...the works

70s was ZIGGY STARDUST

80s was SIGN O THE TIMES

90s was BLOND AMBITION

LEARN IT.

I wanna dance 2night! 

Madonna+Berlinale+2008+Filth+Wisdom+Prem

The moment the door opened the flashes went off...she entered the press room and i just started shaking

There is no way to do that heavy editing if they have lost the films. Best we can hope for is the Nice show like it appeared on the laser disc but probably that will not even happen.

Didn't she recently tease us with re-discovered TOD material in her 'Archives'? 

Didn't she recently tease us with re-discovered TOD material in her 'Archives'? 

She did but TOD and other non BAT stuff. Dont know if it was the Paris BAT footage or just TOD

It looked like she was going to release it for a second there.  The problem is that its pretty much out there and in great quality too, care of leaks and laser discs.  I also think the Dick Tracy stuff may make it look dated and may taint it in the publics eyes and critics.  Its set in stone as the moment in music history that Madonna changed the way concerts were performed.  Maybe we should leave it that way.  Id prefer Reinvention tbh, its more recent and i havnt seen it as much.

Imagine the show switching from Japan, Nice, Barcelona and then Paris footage every few seconds, curls one second, ponytail the next. Filters over the footage, studio versions dubbed over the footage, fake crowd noise and Candy Shop playing over Hanky Panky. 

Imagine the show switching from Japan, Nice, Barcelona and then Paris footage every few seconds, curls one second, ponytail the next. Filters over the footage, studio versions dubbed over the footage, fake crowd noise and Candy Shop playing over Hanky Panky. 

heh_zps167096b6.gif

It looked like she was going to release it for a second there.  The problem is that its pretty much out there and in great quality too, care of leaks and laser discs.  I also think the Dick Tracy stuff may make it look dated and may taint it in the publics eyes and critics.  Its set in stone as the moment in music history that Madonna changed the way concerts were performed.  Maybe we should leave it that way.  Id prefer Reinvention tbh, its more recent and i havnt seen it as much.

:lmao: