MadonnaNation.com Forums

anastaza    0

July 1, 2017 marks 25 years since the original release of "A League of Their Own." 

With that, just wanted to share a couple of things.  There will be a 25th Anniversary edition blu-ray that will be released in the US this coming Tuesday, April 18.  It's going to be pretty much the same as the 20th anniversary ed. released in 2012, but there will be a new feature about the yearly cast reunion in Bentonville, AR.

https://allaboutmadonna.com/2017/03/league-25th-anniversary-blu-ray.php

Speaking of the reunion, this is happening on May 7 (AND I AM GOING):

A League Of Their Own 25th Anniversary Game

ALeagueOfTheirOwn25thAnniversaryGame-300
May 7, 201712:00 pm2:00 pm

Yes it has been 25 years! Join our BFF’s Geena Davis and the Peaches for an afternoon at the ballpark with the family. The game will feature Celebrity and Professional Athletes competing against our BFF partners. And remember, “THERE IS NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!”

I am FREAKING THE FUCK OUT (ALOTO is my favorite movie of all time).  If anyone is interested, tickets are only $6!

Anyway, just wanted to get the party started early! :)

Jazzy Jan    0

Have fun Anastaza.  Would love to be there too. A League of their Own is one of Madonna's classic movies and loved by so many. 

anastaza    0

Have fun Anastaza.  Would love to be there too. A League of their Own is one of Madonna's classic movies and loved by so many. 

Thanks Jan!!!

Aries    0

I was never wild about sports movies...but this is in my Top 20 films of all time...love the

whole package...from the opening credits to TUTBMP!

Willie    0

I have always wondered  at the end, when everyone is in old make up, Madonna  was not- it was another actress. Why was this? I was never able to find out the real reason.

Aries    0

It was actual older actresses that resembled the younger ones...with some actual women from the hall of fame thrown in

horn    0

Will there be a new cut for the movie?

I wish they would restore the original story ending.

Willie    0

It was actual older actresses that resembled the younger ones...with some actual women from the hall of fame thrown in

Thanks for clarifying :-) That scene always baffled me.

Skin    0

Yeah they did a really good job finding older women that looked a lot like their younger counter parts at the end of the film.  You might have thought that was really Geena Davis because they dubbed her voice in at the end over the older ladies real voice. 

Nora    0

Love the movie so much. Have watched it so many times. 

Have the best time, @anastaza :)

HolidayGuy    0

Skin, it was Davis' voice dubbed over older Dottie in the beginning of the movie, too. :gent:

There was a feature in last Sunday's Parade, with Geena Davis on the cover and /League 25th anniversary on the cover. She said all the cast members get together for annually for the event game- but I'm sure that doesn't include Madonna. 

anastaza    0

Love the movie so much. Have watched it so many times. 

Have the best time, @anastaza :)

Thank you!!!!

anastaza    0

Skin, it was Davis' voice dubbed over older Dottie in the beginning of the movie, too. :gent:

There was a feature in last Sunday's Parade, with Geena Davis on the cover and /League 25th anniversary on the cover. She said all the cast members get together for annually for the event game- but I'm sure that doesn't include Madonna. 

I hope Rosie's there!!!

Anastaza thank you for apprising us of this reunion event. Have a wonderful time being there; taking it all in. A League Of Their Own is a marvelous movie, encouraging. One of Madonna's finest performances, hats off as well to Geena Davis, Tom Hanks and Rosie O'Donnell with their respective portrayals.

One of the best Madonna movies. It's perfect. Her performance, the song, the story.
The movie proved, Madonna don't have to stand in the first line to rule.

Willie    0

I enjoyed this movie, too. Looking back, I remember wondering/hoping she was going to do some kind of "Inspried by the movie" album like I'm Breathless with a bunch of songs inspired from that era. I'm breathless kind of made me think that for most of the movies she was in after that LOL

Confessit    0

I have always wondered  at the end, when everyone is in old make up, Madonna  was not- it was another actress. Why was this? I was never able to find out the real reason.

There is that story that Madonna refused to be made up as an older actress for the last scenes.

Nikki    0

i know geena had makeup on to age her but i didnt notice it for the other girls (as far as i remember) :p i think rosie also didnt play that part

todsmod    0

ctg12    0

I love this movie - in fact Ive never met anyone that dislikes it. 

A classic.

rosie-odonnell-geena-davis.jpg

A few years ago Rosie and Geena got together with some of the Peaches (Madonna continued to pay this movie dust of course!)

I've always found it funny how much Madonna HATED making this movie (even though she met Rosie there, probably its only saving grace) especially because her performance probably faced the best critically here other than Evita. 

anastaza    0

Anastaza thank you for apprising us of this reunion event. Have a wonderful time being there; taking it all in. A League Of Their Own is a marvelous movie, encouraging. One of Madonna's finest performances, hats off as well to Geena Davis, Tom Hanks and Rosie O'Donnell with their respective portrayals.

Of course!!
My tickets arrived today!! Just two and a half weeks away.  I swear to god I am going to cry at this.  It's going to be incredibly overwhelming (my love for this movie, I can't even describe it). I think I'm going to dress up in my Rockford Peaches costume (of course I have one).  Would that be weird?  Ah, who cares. :smiles:

Confessit    0

It's a class film.

One of the few Madonna films that's flawless.

The screenplay, music, acting, direction.

horn    0

Yes, they were played by other actresses.

I have no idea why ppl said they were played by the same actress. :dazed: 

todsmod    0

Yes, they were played by other actresses.

I have no idea why ppl said they were played by the same actress. :dazed: 

I've also read that some of the "older actresses" were original members of the All American Women's Baseball League!  

@anastaza  I wanna see pics of you in your peaches uniform!!!