MadonnaNation.com Forums
kokot

Sheryl Crow criticizes Madonna and exposes her own hypocrisy

Sheryl who? Never heard of her.

Surprised no one posted or commented that she was on Andy Cohen within the last week and tried to do damage control. Said she's aware of the 'backlash' and instantly tried to downplay it. Said she respects Madonna and mumbled something else complimentary but whether it was sincere or not, she clearly looked taken back like she truly didn't mean to start shit. Played the role it was totally taken out of context and Anne Hathaway (the other guest) said the media is obsessed with woman being pitted against other women. From what I saw and heard I actually believed Sheryl her but that was just my analysis of it. Sheryl doesn't at all come across like passive aggresive, phony shade queen like Gaga, Sharon O, Wendy Williams etc etc...Many here would prob. still think it's not be enough though lol Botton line..there's WAY worse M hating asses out there than Sheryl Crow lol

Surprised no one posted or commented that she was on Andy Cohen within the last week and tried to do damage control. Said she's aware of the 'backlash' and instantly tried to downplay it. Said she respects Madonna and mumbled something else complimentary but whether it was sincere or not, she clearly looked taken back like she truly didn't mean to start shit. Played the role it was totally taken out of context and Anne Hathaway (the other guest) said the media is obsessed with woman being pitted against other women. From what I saw and heard I actually believed Sheryl her but that was just my analysis of it. Sheryl doesn't at all come across like passive aggresive, phony shade queen like Gaga, Sharon O, Wendy Williams etc etc...Many here would prob. still think it's not be enough though lol Botton line..there's WAY worse M hating asses out there than Sheryl Crow lol

page 9

I know.  Also what Anne said was wrong in this case.  The media were not trying to "pit two women against each other"  with the previous interview. Sheryl said what she said, it was not a media fuelled thing.  It would of been just as easy for Sheryl to have said she liked the speech previously or that she simply had not heard it. 

Great points. Yeah..after watching it again looks more like she was in got 'caught'/ boxed in mode and wanted the story to just go away. My bad though...I honestly stopped reading this thread after like the third page lol so didn't mean to post something that was already covered. Um..yeah thats ALL she needed to say to Dan Rather now that I think about it (she didn't hear it etc...) :/. Again...this is Hollywood, record biz etc..and she still said what she said and isn't an idiot. She's a veteran now and couldn't have possibly thought it wouldn't have given her publicity. That said...again, I still feel there's way way worse than this woman! lol 

I do not know if it is only me but I get so offended when Janet Jackson is mentioned like some Madonna peer. Who is she? Not only can we forget about Janet Jackson, we MUST. 

Sheryl Crow? Is she still around?  She is nothing but an irrelevent has-been.I always felt that her music was boring.

I know many people who are good friends of mine who share the same view as sheryl. they're not jealous or bitter or any of that, they just have this idea that when a woman is sexual in pop culture (or uses it to sell). there seems to be this idea that they're not talented or smart. what they really should be saying is that they dont like the britneys or mariahs.. madonna is different. so it's based on ignorance. who knows, maybe she was pushed to show her body more and it wasn't her thing.. maybe she never thought about the possibility that madonna chooses to do that herself (though @ the same time i think she's been around long enough to know that M isn't like those other girls.. hmm..)

So did all this help her new album go #1 ?

Cheap trick I see.

Really sad to see what this woman has turned to, but I guess she needs to eat and pay the bills. 

If Crow wants to talk shit, she can fuck off! 

Hypocritical CUNT. 

Are we still talking about this?

Great article.

It really is disappointing that people like Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Harry and Sheryl Crow have all resorted to criticizing not just Madonna's speech at the Women's March, but Madonna herself.

Totally

Some Madonna fans mantain that they have their opinions etc and that we shouldn't become defensive or Madonna's lawyers but the reality is as you pointed out they are really having a vicious little dig at her on a personal level while at the same time they have done very little of a substantial impactful nature to address feminism issues or minority issues for that matter.

Madonna is to this day still vilified in most of the media or at the very least not given the due credit because she's contributed immensely in terms of a cultural and societal debate on top of her enormous commercial appeal. That, her extraordinary longevity and not owing any of it to a puppeteer are her capital sins basically

Her album is a mega flop.  BYE!!!!!!