kokot

Sheryl Crow criticizes Madonna and exposes her own hypocrisy

241 posts in this topic

Do you guys think she gave herself the illegal injections to Lance Armstrong? 

She can't be serious.

This sounds bitter and insecure. I hate it when people fail to "get" Madonna, especially those who should know better, because they've been in the business for so long.

After seeing those photos in this thread of Sheryl with little clothing on and trying to be sexy,  she either has memory loss or is just a hypocrite who wants to sound like she is smart but failing miserably. She even posed in a short short dress and high heels with a guitar.  Way to use her body to draw attention to her art - ie the musical instrument she plays.  Since she is so against that as she mentioned in her response.  How is that "moving the molecules" 

Sheryl, make up your mind.  You can do whatever you want and so can every other woman in the music industry. Embrace personal choice and don't accuse others of things, when the photo evidence of yourself doing the " so called same things"  are there to see.  

Image result for carrie diaries gifs

After seeing those photos in this thread of Sheryl with little clothing on and trying to be sexy,  she either has memory loss or is just a hypocrite who wants to sound like she is smart but failing miserably. She even posed in a short short dress and high heels with a guitar.  Way to use her body to draw attention to her art - ie the musical instrument she plays.  Since she is so against that.  How is that "moving the molecules" 

Sheryl, make up your mind.  You can do whatever you want and so can every other woman in the music industry. Embrace personal choice and don't accuse others of things, when the photo evidence of yourself doing the " so called same things"  are there to see.  

Image result for carrie diaries gifs

:clap:

It's all so hypocritical.

It's all her publicity pictures.

And I wasn't even posting pictures of her day to day life e.g. a day at the beach, going to supermarket, jogging etc.

She had a sexualization as her career evolved.  Started as your Jewel with her guitar and her big smile and she evolved.  Her sound too.  As jazzyjan says, nothing wrong with that.  

It's that stupid opinion now.  And as other has said,  she really didn't get Madonna's point: there's one thing in trying to be sexy to be liked and another to own your sexuality and enjoy it.  

To be fair,  all oppressed groups end up criticising each other,  because all ideas of oppression we grow with play tricks in our mind.  That's why women or gays support each other so rarely and are their worst enemies.  It's as if because we subconsciously repress ourselves,  we hate those comfortable with themselves or those who don't follow the rules.  In my opinion it is subconsciously. 

I wonder how many people on here actually read the article rather than just the headline? I disagree with Sheryl, but I don't think she was going in on Madonna or saying anything unreasonable. She's entitled to her opinion. She covered "Don't Tell Me" back in the day. She even has a song on her first album where she says "Wanna be Madonna but the price is too high." She didn't slag her off, accuse her of not being talented or using sex because she has no talent. And she certainly didn't deny that she was anything like M or that she wasn't influenced by her or that she M doesn't write her own songs like some other people have.

Yep. I like Sheryl. I don't think her comments are that hostile. 

I really didn't expect to hear this tired old argument in 2017. After all these years and some people still don't get Madonna. I have a feeling though that young people laugh at this line of thought. It just shows how much of a relic Sheryl Crow has become.

It seems like slut shaming has become forbidden thanks to the SJW....which isn't necessarily a bad thing but.....I have to say, that rule seems to be suspended when someone slut shames Madonna. Like she deserves it for some reason. 

I enjoy Sheryl's music, but she was clearly criticizing Madonna and implying she had no talent and blaming her for people seeing women as only sex objects when in reality women have been objectified by men since the beginning of time long before Madonna came along. 

I think you can love someone's music but disagree profoundly with things they say. Just because you like their music doesn't mean you have to defend everything they say. Sheryl had also said some other questionable things I disagree with. She said she wouldn't write an anti-Trump political song because she was afraid of alienating conservative fans and losing record sales. 

It seems like slut shaming has become forbidden thanks to the SJW....which isn't necessarily a bad thing but.....I have to say, that rule seems to be suspended when someone slut shames Madonna. Like she deserves it for some reason. 

maybe just with older stars like sheryl who are not as informed about today's culture.

what i wonder is.. would she dare question beyonce? i doubt it. she goes for the artist who always gets the hate and not the credit

anyway, sheryl obviously doesnt get it, or doesnt want to get it... or acts pretentious to lift herself up. 

I do think there was a problem after Madonna, that wasn't her fault.  Madonna was so utterly successful that every record company and manager thought they had to do the same thing with every pop girl that came after.  What this led to was a lot of girls who were totally ignorant to Madonna's message, truth, and personality, walking around showcasing themselves in every way possible.  What I saw in the wake of Madonna was a bunch of female pop stars who didn't really feel confident in their sexuality but attempting to project that they did.  And it wasn't just one female pop star. It was 95-98% of them.

The only pop stars who are genuine with their sexuality are Rihanna and Beyoncé (off the top of my head). The others are trying to create an image necessary for success.  We have Ariana singing about getting fucked so hard she's walking side to side, Gaga singing about how she loves to rub her busted chew, and Britney caterwauling about threesomes. So few stars are willing to be genuine.  

Madonna was genuine and in her time, talking about sex and dressing provocatively wasn't some key to success -if anything it should have been a hindrance. Madonna got lucky and also had the charisma and star quality that held her up despite all the criticism. But now, it's the opposite and unless you're naked and singing about how much you love sex you won't get anywhere.

So when Madonna did it it was rebellious, and when these girls do it, it's acclimating. 

That's disappointing coming from Sheryl when she seemed to be quite a big supporter of Madonna's in the past. If anything, Madonna has shown women they can be whoever they want to be, and unapologetically. One thing she's never been short of is an opinion. Right from the start, she always knew what she wanted, and was in total control over her image and music. I think Sheryl needs to re-evaluate her opinion. Or maybe some women, like her, can't handle a woman being blatantly in charge of their own sexuality AND having an intelligent opinion. They feel intimidated because it conflicts with what they've been led to believe by the patriarchy. 

I do think there was a problem after Madonna, that wasn't her fault.  Madonna was so utterly successful that every record company and manager thought they had to do the same thing with every pop girl that came after.  What this led to was a lot of girls who were totally ignorant to Madonna's message, truth, and personality, walking around showcasing themselves in every way possible.  What I saw in the wake of Madonna was a bunch of female pop stars who didn't really feel confident in their sexuality but attempting to project that they did.  And it wasn't just one female pop star. It was 95-98% of them.

The only pop stars who are genuine with their sexuality are Rihanna and Beyoncé (off the top of my head). The others are trying to create an image necessary for success.  We have Ariana singing about getting fucked so hard she's walking side to side, Gaga singing about how she loves to rub her busted chew, and Britney caterwauling about threesomes. So few stars are willing to be genuine.  

Madonna was genuine and in her time, talking about sex and dressing provocatively wasn't some key to success -if anything it should have been a hindrance. Madonna got lucky and also had the charisma and star quality that held her up despite all the criticism. But now, it's the opposite and unless you're naked and singing about how much you love sex you won't get anywhere.

So when Madonna did it it was rebellious, and when these girls do it, it's acclimating. 

I don't agree.  I think it is over-exaggerated that women that sing about sex etc are made to or that is the only way to make it.   I think Ariana is an extremely confident person who does what she wants.  She wants to sing the songs she does.  Plus, so many successful women since Madonna has become superstars without having a sexual image.  Today, there are many as well.  Taylor Swift and Adele are two examples.  They are superstars at the moment and neither go for a sexual image.  Meanwhile, Katy Perry has just talked about how she was pressured as a young person to never show sexuality and now feels that she can be what she wants.  I think women today have more freedom to be exactly who they want to be.  

Celine Dion is an example of a woman who has her own image and style which is not sexual.  She is confident in herself and never feels the need to judge other women.  

Her criticism is grossly hypocritical and undignified. :thumbsdown:

Fuck you Sheryl Crow.

Why is Sherly Ho always mad about something? She can find the nearest seat and have one. Preferably the one next to Elton and BET. You would think that someone who has been through what she has would just be thankful to be alive and want to spread positivity. Apparently not. Stupid bitch.

This is absolutely true. Madonna takes a lot of the blame for what the girls who followed did in her name. People like Britney citing M as an influence has always bugged the shit out of me because she has absolutely no understanding of what M was doing/saying. All these girls saw was the sex part and not the message. So it's not really fair for people like Sheryl to put the blame on Madonna...although to be fair M was simply used as an example because that's who she was asked about.

That's disappointing coming from Sheryl when she seemed to be quite a big supporter of Madonna's in the past. If anything, Madonna has shown women they can be whoever they want to be, and unapologetically. One thing she's never been short of is an opinion. Right from the start, she always knew what she wanted, and was in total control over her image and music. I think Sheryl needs to re-evaluate her opinion. Or maybe some women, like her, can't handle a woman being blatantly in charge of their own sexuality AND having an intelligent opinion. They feel intimidated because it conflicts with what they've been led to believe by the patriarchy. 

I don't think anything she said contradicts or negates how she feels about M's music. It's about image and marketing. And I do think Sheryl is being a bit of a hypocrite since her image definitely got sexier over the years. 

What we can perceive is that Madonna's message, ideology, quest for freedom, understanding, acceptance and ideals have never been understood by the majority of the industry, her peers, the media and the general public, which honestly is a pity as she has delivered a very smart, heartfelt and powerful message. 

There are many layers to what Madonna means but people always seems to go for the most superficial ones. 

Thank god there's also a very very large part of the world that has listened and understood her. 

I don't know her. 

Sheryl Crow? I forgot about her I thought there was only one Cheryl and that was Cole (Girls Aloud)

Another person using Madonna's name to gain publicity

I love Sheryl , but she was an idiot this time

Resultado de imagen para madonna and sheryl crow

Imagen relacionada

my queens

I FOUND THE REASON WHY SHE STOPPED LOVING MADONNA

Imagen relacionada

C you piece of filth