American Airlines staff hit a woman and baby with her stroller (pg2)

horn

I avoided using American Airlines for my NY holiday and this was way before this horrible incident. 

I used Virgin Atlantic, they were nothing but respectful and friendly. Heathrow treated me with respect too, if I had some confusion over something, they kindly helped. 

Now JFK airport, they give you such annoyance look. Like someone said here,  treat you like cattle. Virgin staff there were just friendly but JFK security and staff need to work on their communication skills. 

Monday - CEO cunt refused to apologize

Tuesday - UA shed 1 billion in market value, CEO cunt apologize but still not willing to address the passenger by his name

I wonder what will he do if Wednesday another 1 billion shed off UA market value? :1251: 

I hope UA board fires him.

Just as I expected, 3rd statement came out from the CEO cunt and this time around he apologized to Dr. David Dao.

United CEO says ‘system failure’ led to passengers removal

United-Bad_Behavior_Exposed_25842.jpg-aa

By Laura Kelly - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 13, 2017

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz said it was a “system failure” that led to the violent removal of a seated passenger on a United Airlines flight on Sunday.

“We have not provided our front line supervisors and managers and individual with the proper tools, policies, procedures that allow them to use their common sense,” Munoz told ABC Nightline, Wednesday night.

It was the first interview Munoz gave after the incident drew global condemnation of the airline for using security personnel to forcibly remove passenger Dr. David Dao, after he was randomly selected to be bumped from the flight to make room for United employees.

Dr. Dao, after refusing to give up his seat on the flight, was violently dragged by airport security through the plane, the incident captured on video by other passengers, which quickly went viral online.

From Monday to Tuesday, Mr. Munoz failed to adequately respond tot he public outrage at the incident. His first public statement used the term “re-accomodate” to describe the treatment of Dr. Dao, inciting anger and mockery on social media for its flippancy.

A second statement, released internally but obtained by CNBC, lauded employees for their handling of the situation, again throwing salt in the wound of public opinion.

By Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Munoz released a third statement, accepting full responsibility and apologizing to Dr. Dao, the passengers and the public about the matter.

Mr. Munoz told ABC he felt “ashamed,” when he first saw the video, but his first reaction was to understand the facts and circumstances. “My initial words fell short of truly expressing what we were feeling,” he told the news channel.

Asked if he thinks his latest statement on the matter is too little too late, he answered that it’s “never too late to do the right thing. My initial reaction to the process was to get facts and circumstances, and my words failed.”

Mr. Munoz said that moving forward they would never employ the use of security personnel to remove a paid, ticketed passenger seated on the flight.

He was then questioned over a Los Angeles Times article that interviewed California businessman Geoff Fearns, who alleged that on a United flight a week earlier, he was threatened with handcuffs by staff if he didn’t give up his seat for a higher priority passenger.

“I heard about that i don’t know any of the details,” Mr. Munoz told ABC, “but probably a good example of why our policies need to be re-examined.”

A spokesman for United Airlines told the Associated Press on Wednesday it would refund all the passengers on flight 3411 and that Dr. Dao is not at fault. “No, he can’t be… no one should be treated that way period,” he said.

On Wednesday, Dr. Dao filed an emergency “bill of discovery” against the airline in Illinois State Court, NBC news reported, to retrieve evidence that documents the incident to be “preserved and protected.”

This includes surveillance video, cockpit voice recordings, passenger and crew lists, incident reports, among others, NBC reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/13/oscar-munoz-says-system-failure-led-passengers-rem/

Scorpions, handcuffs and groping allegations make United’s terrible week even worse

By Greg Hadley

Still reeling from the international outrage over the treatment of a passenger who was injured and dragged off a flight on Sunday, United Airlines has been hit with a rash of embarrassing stories that seem to reinforce the company’s reputation for shoddy customer service.

On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Times reported that businessman Geoff Fearns paid around $1,000 for a first-class ticket to Hawaii in early April and was on the plane preparing for takeoff when he was informed that a higher priority customer needed a seat, so he would need to disembark.

Fearns told the Times that he refused, much like Dr. David Dao, the man at the center of the original controversy. However, the flight crew insisted.

“They said they’d put me in cuffs if they had to,” Fearns claimed.

Instead, Fearns was given an economy seat. When he complained and demanded a refund, United gave him a $500 travel voucher and refunded him the difference between his first class and economy seats. Fearns said he was rejecting the offer and considering legal action. It was the video of Dao, however, that caused him to go public about the incident, he said.

The company has not issued a statement on the incident, per CBS Los Angeles.

Then on Wednesday, the Huffington Post reported that Jennifer Rafieyan, a 47-year-old woman from New Jersey, claimed that she was sexually harassed and groped by a visibly intoxicated man on a United flight in March. When she complained, she said, a flight attendant apologized and said the man had harassed another crew member, but continued to serve him alcohol.

“She said, ‘I’m so sorry. We felt really bad putting him next to you, but there was nothing we could do. He was doing the same kind of stuff to the other flight attendant,’” Rafieyan told the Huffington Post.

Rafieyan said she was traveling with her 12-year-old daughter on the flight from Phoenix to Newark, New Jersey, and that the man boarded the plane drunk, needing the flight crew’s help to make it to his seat, despite the fact that FAA prohibits airlines from seating passengers who are visibly intoxicated.

According to Rafieyan, the man rubbed her legs, grabbed her knee, kissed her hands and put his head on her shoulder, per NJ.com. He also grabbed a to-do list she was working on and wrote “PASIONAT NITE XX.”

After the flight landed, Rafieyan complained, and United sent her an apology email and four travel vouchers for $100. Rafieyan said she has since lodged complaints with the FAA and FBI.

“We sincerely apologize to Ms. Rafieyan and her family for their experience. We are reviewing the way that this situation was handled on board, and how our customer care team responded,” a United spokeswoman told The Huffington Post. “We will follow up with Ms. Rafieyan to apologize again, and discus how we could have handled this situation better.”

On Thursday, CNBC reported that a man was stung by a scorpion on a United flight Sunday.

On a flight from Houston to Calgary, the creature dropped from the overhead bin onto the man’s head and stung him when he shook it out onto the tray table in front of him, per the Washington Post. The man was apparently returning from vacation in Mexico, where more scorpion stings occur than anywhere else in the world. However, it is unclear how the animal managed to make its way onboard. The man refused medical treatment.

All told, it is uncertain if United bears any responsibility for the scorpion’s presence on the plane, but given the kind of week the company is having, it certainly is less than ideal. United told Global News it is looking into the situation.

“Talk about snakebit,” a crisis management expert told the Post. “The next time United does its emergency protocols, they will be dropping insect repellant along with the mask.”

Finally, Dao’s family held a press conference Thursday, announcing that he would “probably” sue United after he sustained a concussion, broken nose and lost teeth from the incident that shocked social media and caused the company stock to plummet, resulting in a $1.4 billion loss.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article144469539.html#storylink=cpy

Then on Wednesday, the Huffington Post reported that Jennifer Rafieyan, a 47-year-old woman from New Jersey, claimed that she was sexually harassed and groped by a visibly intoxicated man on a United flight in March. When she complained, she said, a flight attendant apologized and said the man had harassed another crew member, but continued to serve him alcohol.

Sorry but :rotfl: 

United is so terrible!

• 2 weeks later...

American Airlines employee allegedly hits woman with her baby's stroller, suspended

New York, NY, United States |  Apr 22, 2017, 06.25 PM (IST) 

American Airlines has suspended an employee after a video showed an altercation on one of its planes involving crew, several passengers and a crying woman carrying a young child.

An American Airlines employee violently took a stroller from the woman, hitting her with it and just missing her child, Facebook user Surain Adyanthaya said in a post accompanying the video he put on the site on Friday.

Less than two weeks ago, a 69-year-old doctor, David Dao, was hospitalised after Chicago aviation police dragged him from a United Airlines plane sparking international outrage and a public relations nightmare for the carrier.

American Airlines was investigating Friday's incident, which happened on Flight 591 from San Francisco to Dallas before the plane took off, Leslie Scott, an airline spokeswoman said.

The incident started over a dispute as to whether the woman could bring her stroller on the flight, Scott said.

Adyanthaya did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In his video, the woman with the child can be heard asking flight attendants for the stroller. A male passenger then walks toward the front of the plane and demands from the airline crew the name of the employee who took the stroller before he returns to his seat.

Moments later, another American employee, who Scott said was a flight attendant, enters the plane and the male passenger confronts him.

"You do that to me and I'll knock you flat," the passenger can be heard saying to the flight attendant.

The two then confront each other in the aisle of the plane and the employee can be heard challenging the passenger to hit him. The passenger eventually returns to his seat and the flight attendant leaves the plane.

"We are deeply sorry for the pain we have caused this passenger and her family and to any other customers affected by the incident," the airline said in a statement late on Friday.

The woman and her family were being upgraded to first class for the remainder of their international trip, it said.

(Reuters)

AIRLINE OF DUTY American Airlines pram row hero reveals he stepped in to save crying mother from raging flight attendant because he ‘didn’t want to see a baby get hurt’

Flight champ revealed as Texan insurance boss Tony Fierro who stood up for weeping mum in shock viral footage

By Neal Baker  
24th April 2017, 9:49 am

THIS is the hero who stood up for a crying mum allegedly hit with a pram by a steward on a packed flight.

Tony Fierro, 42, stepped in to confront a raging American Airlines host because he was afraid a tot would get hurt.

nintchdbpict000319034400.jpg

Brave insurance boss Tony Fierro stood up for the shaken mum who alleged that a steward hit her with her pram

airlines4.jpg

Furious passenger Tony Fierro stood up for a weeping mum on board an American Airlines flight

airlines7.jpg

A raging crew member had to be held back after egging on Tony to ‘hit’ him

And the Texan insurance boss, who has been praised for intervening in the flight fracas after footage went viral at the weekend, was seen leaping from his seat and demanding to learn the attendant's name.

Speaking for the first time since the scrap, the regular church-goer told local ABC channel WFAA: "A baby almost got hurt. That's what fired me up".

Humble Fierro added: "I don't want to make a big deal about it".