MadonnaNation.com Forums
erotica blu

Drowned World Tour Video Filter

Illuminati    0

The DWT DVD hair discussions will never die. :lmao:

Imagine she released an edit of it with the same approach as MDNA/RH: different hairstyle, outfit every few seconds. We would have it all.

It's hilarious how so many of her concert releases have some iconic discussions about them.

WTG: Switching necklace and audience

BAT: Which taped show is the best?  Ponytail, curls or Poodledonna? Which vocals are the best? Is the full Paris show somewhere?

DWT: Wtf is that hair?

CT: Editing on steroids for 2007 standards, then came MDNA and RH and took it to another level

S&S: dubbing galore, where are the 2009 performances?

MDNA: How many (grainy) cuts do fit in one second 2.0 and did David Banda really record the audio for the DVD from behind the stage with his phone?

RH: Will Aldo Diaz be the graphic designer?

Lolo    0

Love this outfit I wish we had it for the DVD 

Really? I think it's the worst of them all. Makes her look real 'heavy set'. I like the black one from European leg best and wish it was on DVD.

Confessit    0

There are no closeups of her for the broadcast and DVD version per her request. 

Really?

I find it hard to believe the entire show was just pan shots of her and the stage without one single close up.

spotlight    0

there were US dates, where she looked flawless!!!

philly_dwsfl4.jpg

nyc_dwsfl13.jpg

Wow she looks great! I wish she had some eyebrows though!

Kilt    0

Wow she looks great! I wish she had some eyebrows though!

they were actually bleached. 

spotlight    0

they were actually bleached. 

I know.

I prefer her with A stronger, darker and more pronounced eyebrow. It just suits her face better imo

Lolo    0

It was not shot in HD, they added some shit later 2 give it a filmsy look.

But she went full on Bowie 4 the DVD, which I appreciate

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Bowie 74 live

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Bowie 74 live

Wow you're right! One of his most fuckable looks tbh. Cheekbones galore...

tumblr_lwd1qeSNjd1qcpqugo1_500.jpg

filters? I thought it was because of the broadcasting needed more light to be seen on the tv: more light,:more wrinkles:less close ups...

Kilt    0

Wow you're right! One of his most fuckable looks tbh. Cheekbones galore...

tumblr_lwd1qeSNjd1qcpqugo1_500.jpg

he was heavily into drugs back then and his food regimen consisted of milk and red peppers. 

cocolattee    0

there were US dates, where she looked flawless!!!

nyc_dwsfl13.jpg

this is my favourite version... it reminds me of the POP magazine cover/Die another day look

Illuminati    0

I actually enjoy her look on DWT DVD, its very effortless

Yes, I agree. It looks a bit strange for the opening number, but once she moves and it gets a bit messy, it's really ok.

I really didn't like the different outfits during Turn Up The Radio on the MDNA Tour DVD but for some reason, I didn't mind it for the Rebel Heart Tour. It would have been interesting if it was done for Drowned World Tour. We would've gotten all the punk outfits! I wish Jonas had shot that tour. It's my favorite tour but the filming gave it no justice. It was kind of amateur actually. I'm glad the deal with Hamish Hamilton fell through for the Re-Invention Tour. It would've looked the same.

Bat-Fan    0

I really didn't like the different outfits during Turn Up The Radio on the MDNA Tour DVD but for some reason, I didn't mind it for the Rebel Heart Tour. It would have been interesting if it was done for Drowned World Tour. We would've gotten all the punk outfits! I wish Jonas had shot that tour. It's my favorite tour but the filming gave it no justice. It was kind of amateur actually. I'm glad the deal with Hamish Hamilton fell through for the Re-Invention Tour. It would've looked the same.

Well cant say Im glad it fell through as it meant there was no RIT DVD due to Hamilton suing. She couldnt release the RIT because of that mess so it would have been better if he kept him.

Didn't Jonas filmed the whole show in Paris? The footage was used for IGTTYAS. Now that is what I'd like to see. The Hamish Brown-directed CBS thing would've looked like DWT.

Starman    0

Didn't Jonas filmed the whole show in Paris? The footage was used for IGTTYAS. Now that is what I'd like to see. The Hamish Brown-directed CBS thing would've looked like DWT.

No he only filmed selected performances.

this is my favourite version... it reminds me of the POP magazine cover/Die another day look

It does. Loves it!!!

Suedehead    0

Vanity. 

Why are you even here? You only ever post about your gay sex fantasies or Janet Jackson. When you do post about Madonna once in a blue moon it's to be critical or point out a negative. It has been very obvious to me for years that you are not a Madonna fan. 

Gus    0

Can you find the HBO broadcast online? No DVD rip I mean?

Not the greatest quality but here it is

erotica blu    0

Why are you even here? You only ever post about your gay sex fantasies or Janet Jackson. When you do post about Madonna once in a blue moon it's to be critical or point out a negative. It has been very obvious to me for years that you are not a Madonna fan. 

Your beef with me has nothing to do with Madonna. I said something long ago that has kept you sour ever since.

Jamesy    0

For the DVD release - they changed the frame rate (as well as re-editing with different camera angles).

It was that usual trick to try and make video look more like film. Not a huge fan of that. 

The official Emmy Awards promo VHS is worth having - you get a great quality version of the show without this "effect".

Bat-Fan    0

For the DVD release - they changed the frame rate (as well as re-editing with different camera angles).

It was that usual trick to try and make video look more like film. Not a huge fan of that. 

The official Emmy Awards promo VHS is worth having - you get a great quality version of the show without this "effect".

That really failed then. It looks more video than film.

nyc_dwsfl13.jpg

Wow - that head shot is so Debbie Harry... love it!

To this day I still don't understand some fans gripe with the CT edit. It's flawless, set a benchmark, and completely solidified that iconic era. I couldn't imagine watching it if it was edited ala DWT. I used to show it to so many people who thought it was great visually.

Cut to the mess of the RHT. So choppy, which is actually a sign of poor editing, some parts are unwatchable. Too bad Jonas didn't direct and edit RHT - it has his visuals all over it.