MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

Patrick Leonard's Instagram

runa    0
16 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

He seems nostalgic lately. ūü§Ē

I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose and wants to reach her. 

I wish they would write stuff together but she would chose someone else to produce. That would be dreams come true, :laugh:

peppermint    0

He did the music score for "I am because we are" in 2008 I forgot about that...

He is a fantastic melodist..it would be great if Madonna and him would return to the writing table!!

karbatal    0

What we all are forgetting is that he surely has her private phone number hahaha.  Or at last some number,  they collaborated in 2008.He doesn't need instagram to reach her.  I just realised that :lol:

spotlight    0

They must be secretely working together on something. 

elijah    0
8 minutes ago, spotlight said:

They must be secretely working together on something. 

Why do u think that? What is giving us HOPE?

spotlight    0
8 minutes ago, elijah said:

Why do u think that? What is giving us HOPE?

I don't really have any hard evidence. I just really want them to work together again.

I keep thinking that he is hinting that they may be working together cause he keeps mentioning her on his Instagram lately. 

Illuminati    0
13 minutes ago, spotlight said:

I don't really have any hard evidence. I just really want them to work together again.

I keep thinking that he is hinting that they may be working together cause he keeps mentioning her on his Instagram lately. 

He joined instagram on May 31th this year though, so maybe he's just realizing that Madonna fans love stuff related to her. :angel:

vocalism    0
16 hours ago, Pedro said:

Totally agree! 

I also think that they could make magic together again and absolutely write marvelous music. 

But doesn't it happen to you when you hear certain artists working with certain producers or writers that you can immediately identify who they are by their particular style? 

It might scape me when I listen to music in English but when I do it in Spanish it's very clear to me. 

Maybe that's what Madonna is trying to avoid, falling in these familiar and already experienced style even though it absolutely worked magic. 

I think it only adds to her diversity regarding if it's a beautiful ballad or a dance oriented song. 

But songwriting is just about melody and lyrics, not "sound" necessarily. Look at the songs they did on ROL. Would you have ever guess that "Skin" was written by the same person who wrote "Promise to Try"? They've written all different kinds of songs together over the years. There's no reason she couldn't work with Pat instead of, say, some rando like Toby Gad. 

Pedro    0
2 minutes ago, vocalism said:

But songwriting is just about melody and lyrics, not "sound" necessarily. Look at the songs they did on ROL. Would you have ever guess that "Skin" was written by the same person who wrote "Promise to Try"? They've written all different kinds of songs together over the years. There's no reason she couldn't work with Pat instead of, say, some rando like Toby Gad. 

Yeah, I was referring more to a writing style than an specific sound, but I agree with you that they have created a very diverse and beautiful body of work. 

:thumbsup:

spotlight    0
16 hours ago, Illuminati said:

He joined instagram on May 31th this year though, so maybe he's just realizing that Madonna fans love stuff related to her. :angel:

Oh I didn't know this. I thought hes been on Instagram for ages. That would explain it,

karbatal    0

His instagram gives me life. A fan asked yesterday if he could play in the piano a bit of Live To Tell, because it was his birthday and his favourite Madonna song. Patrick did it. Then somebody pointed that yesterday was the 31 anniversary of the song. And Patrick confirmed that Madonna's vocals are the ones from the demo.  First and only take,  because other attempts didn't bring the same raw feelings.  

He's so respectful of Madonna!  He confirmed today that new collaborations are not in a near future.  

And he announced that he will record like 15 songs he wrote with Madonna and will play the instrumentals.  I guess later we will be able to listen to them through Soundcloud or something.  The list of songs is in his instagram 

mnino    0
13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

His instagram gives me life. A fan asked yesterday if he could play in the piano a bit of Live To Tell, because it was his birthday and his favourite Madonna song. Patrick did it. Then somebody pointed that yesterday was the 31 anniversary of the song. And Patrick confirmed that Madonna's vocals are the ones from the demo.  First and only take,  because other attempts didn't bring the same raw feelings.  

He's so respectful of Madonna!  He confirmed today that new collaborations are not in a near future.  

And he announced that he will record like 15 songs he wrote with Madonna and will play the instrumentals.  I guess later we will be able to listen to them through Soundcloud or something.  The list of songs is in his instagram 

This is amazing! So...

1. They wrote I'll Remember before Something To Remember!
  2. Oh Father was their first song (from this list) written for LAP.
  3. Spanish Eyes was written before LAP.
  4. Promise To Try was the last song (from this list) written for LAP. 
  5. Skin may have been the last song they wrote together.

I love learning these things. Thanks for sharing.

mnino    0
27 minutes ago, Beautiful Stranger said:

No that list is not in order 

The order in which it the songs were composed is written by each song. LMTWGR being their first song ever and LTT the second (from that list). 

mnino    0
  1. Love Makes The World Go Round
  2. Live To Tell
  3. La Isla Bonita
  4. The Look of Love
  5. Oh Father
  6. Spanish Eyes
  7. Like A Prayer
  8. Dear Jessie
  9. Cherish
  10. Promise to Try
  11. I'll Remember
  12. Something to Remember
  13. Frozen
  14. Skin

Bill    0

You know, it's so weird when you think about I'll Remember being released just 5 years after Like a Prayer.  They seem much further apart.  Maybe because I became a fan in 1991 so I have no frame of reference for anything that happened before that, or because time just seemed to pass more slowly back then.  And now it's been 23 years since I'll Remember was released, but it sure doesn't feel like that long ago.  I don't know, I'm just rambling at this point, but it's always amazing too me how much amazingness Madonna was able to cram into the first 10+ years of her career.

acko    0
26 minutes ago, mnino said:
  1. Love Makes The World Go Round
  2. Live To Tell
  3. La Isla Bonita
  4. The Look of Love
  5. Oh Father
  6. Spanish Eyes
  7. Like A Prayer
  8. Dear Jessie
  9. Cherish
  10. Promise to Try
  11. I'll Remember
  12. Something to Remember
  13. Frozen
  14. Skin

Who's That Girl?
Nothing Really Matters?
Sky Fits Heaven?

mnino    0
6 minutes ago, acko said:

Who's That Girl?
Nothing Really Matters?
Sky Fits Heaven?

He didn't include them in his list. I wish he included TDUP too.

Suedehead    0

He needs to be involved with the Like A Prayer 30th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue (yes that's a thing now).

acko    0
53 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

He needs to be involved with the Like A Prayer 30th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue (yes that's a thing now).

YESSS...someone ask him :D

karbatal    0

Guys he says that he will record them in order but the list is NOT in order!

It's only a list he did,  but not in order.