MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

Patrick Leonard's Instagram

Kasi    0

I want Madonna to work with Patrick again. This has nothing to do with whether she is artistically over or not. I find her timeless songs, at least most of them, to have been collaborations with this man. I want more. That is all. 

karbatal    0

Yes,  Patrick knows those are songs from a certain era and celebrate them. As we should do.  Of course some of us would love that long time wished reunion,  but this discussion very fast scalates into other unpleasant territories.  

micco    0

I like that he brings us a bit of Madonna history. Of course they've made magic together and I'm sure they will work together again before their lives ends. But not sure it will happen in the shorter time span though. 

Mattvoyager    0

Lots of gems on his instagram and it looks like he's not shy of tagging madonna. Might be dreaming but seems like kind of a reach out.

loowee    0

Ugh some fans are being soooo annoying and obsessive. Fuck out of his instagram already, before he decides to deactivate it.

Crux    0
30 minutes ago, loowee said:

Ugh some fans are being soooo annoying and obsessive. Fuck out of his instagram already, before he decides to deactivate it.

I know.

We need to respect his decision to leave it in the past. Both of them have clearly moved on.

VogueMusic    0
On 5/1/2017 at 2:44 AM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Better than  'desperate M continues on the trendy, teen bandwagon working with Bieber's or Taylor's etc..latest producers in a last ditch effort for another hit to appeal to millennials, tweens to stay/sound relevant'. You take your pick of which 'spin' sounds more appalling ;P  

I don't remember ever seeing any real headlines like this.  It's the fans that spin these sorts of lines themselves.

Andra    0

He's making it clear that they will never work together again. I'm kinda sad.

VogueMusic    0
35 minutes ago, Crux said:

L30aaQ.png

This man is such class. Not only a great artist, but a good person too.

And I don't sense any animosity about it on his behalf either. I think, like Madonna, he understands that certain things are products of their time...and that is what makes them special. Trying to recapture that or relive it, even with the best of intentions, may never quite end up in the way you think it will. Again, there's no guarantee that it would all work in the same way.  Plus, they're different people and different artists now vs. then, and he seems to understand that and be at peace with it (even if it may not be what he wants). Now that is real respect.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see what they could create together today just as much as anyone...but one of the things I've always deeply respected about Madonna is that she moves forward, no matter the pressure to do what others demand or say she should. She just barrels ahead, does what she wants to do, and takes the risks (and the blows), even when her own fans/the industry/etc. are throwing their tantrums or making their demands. That is a real artist.

rebelgirl    0

Good person...yes!

Gus    0

Kasi    0

I don't care what Patrick says. I need Madonna to call him up. I bet if she calls he will agree. 

acko    0

I do think that would b the case....
If Madonna would ever say 'Hey let's get together and write some music and c
what happens' that it could happen. Rather than 'I'm doing an album and I need two more
songs to finish this project'...I dunno if that makes sense. :D

I don't care if the music sucks lol just want ONE more album (first preference) or his major contribution to even just a few songs.

Jamesy    0

Did you see his comment the other day on Madonna's Instagram post? Reminding her publicly that they wrote Sky Fits Heaven together.

That kinda surprised me. He does post about her a lot!

PatLeonardMadonnaComment.png

ITG    0
1 hour ago, Gus said:

Such an adorable picture!

vocalism    0
1 hour ago, Jamesy said:

Did you see his comment the other day on Madonna's Instagram post? Reminding her publicly that they wrote Sky Fits Heaven together.

That kinda surprised me. He does post about her a lot!

PatLeonardMadonnaComment.png

This surprised me too. It seems like he does really want to work with her again. Surprised he didn't use "@madonna" in this post or in the recent pic of her so she would see it. Anyone know if she's following him?

vocalism    0
On 5/12/2017 at 7:59 AM, VogueMusic said:

And I don't sense any animosity about it on his behalf either. I think, like Madonna, he understands that certain things are products of their time...and that is what makes them special. Trying to recapture that or relive it, even with the best of intentions, may never quite end up in the way you think it will. Again, there's no guarantee that it would all work in the same way.  Plus, they're different people and different artists now vs. then, and he seems to understand that and be at peace with it (even if it may not be what he wants). Now that is real respect.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see what they could create together today just as much as anyone...but one of the things I've always deeply respected about Madonna is that she moves forward, no matter the pressure to do what others demand or say she should. She just barrels ahead, does what she wants to do, and takes the risks (and the blows), even when her own fans/the industry/etc. are throwing their tantrums or making their demands. That is a real artist.

I don't see ANY reason why they couldn't find common ground together - especially after the ballads she released on RH. It's not like she's making albums full of BIM. Even some of the songs on COADF could have been written with Pat. SFH and "Skin" were written by them after all.

Pedro    0
On 12/5/2017 at 6:59 AM, VogueMusic said:

Totally agree! 

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

I don't see ANY reason why they couldn't find common ground together - especially after the ballads she released on RH. It's not like she's making albums full of BIM. Even some of the songs on COADF could have been written with Pat. SFH and "Skin" were written by them after all.

I also think that they could make magic together again and absolutely write marvelous music. 

But doesn't it happen to you when you hear certain artists working with certain producers or writers that you can immediately identify who they are by their particular style? 

It might scape me when I listen to music in English but when I do it in Spanish it's very clear to me. 

Maybe that's what Madonna is trying to avoid, falling in these familiar and already experienced style even though it absolutely worked magic. 

I think it only adds to her diversity regarding if it's a beautiful ballad or a dance oriented song. 

Mattvoyager    0
On 5/12/2017 at 0:34 PM, Crux said:

I know.

We need to respect his decision to leave it in the past. Both of them have clearly moved on.

Doubtful. He's not dumb and he's certainly not shy in tagging her. It's business with a touch of nostalgia, every Madonna fan is also checking out his new music $$$ and downloading their classic tracks $$$$$.  He won't be scared off by "obsessives", he's clearly enjoying them and that's his intent. He's a businessman as well as artist and every interaction is on purpose, otherwise he'd only post new and not reply. So chill out. That's what social media is for, to get all social and say what you want, not to tread lightly in case you scare them away. He's making money off Madonna fans as I type.

karbatal    0

I think that he would love an album together.  And to be fair I don't understand why Madonna doesn't want to either. She said she was frustrated at the end of Rebel Heart because there was so many people involved with their own projects. She said she missed the simple times.  

Well who knows, maybe after the film she wants some productive and rich music,  as happened after WE and she was eager to make music after the annoying work that was finishing the movie... 

todsmod    0

Maybe he'll write a few songs with her for her movie soundtrack?  Wouldn't that be a dream come true?