MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

Patrick Leonard's Instagram

Is the song Who's that girl?  I can't get it too play.

It's Pat playing "The Look of Love". One of M's most underrated tracks. LOVE it.

It's Pat playing "The Look of Love". One of M's most underrated tracks. LOVE it.

Same. How I love this track.

Wow he posted Like A Prayer from the day they wrote it.  And in another post he played a new rendition at the piano.  He confessed that his favourite collaboration with Madonna is Oh Father 

That's wonderful. He's such a sweetheart.

Wow! What a great thread.

Did Patrick and M meet during the Virgin Tour? Wasn't he the keyboard player?

he was the musical director for the tour. The reason she chose him is because he worked on the Jackson 5 Victory tour.

he was the musical director for the tour. The reason she chose him is because he worked on the Jackson 5 Victory tour.

Thank you. He wasn't a super producer though. He didn't have any major hits with other artists until Madonna did he? 

God, how I love him. Musical genius, I'll be forever grateful for the work he did with M and for the respect he still has for her.

Love you Pat ! ❤️

Thank you. He wasn't a super producer though. He didn't have any major hits with other artists until Madonna did he? 

Michael Jackson didn't want his music and they landed on Madonna,  who saw the potential and took the songs up to another level. 

I have to re-read the Genesis of True Blue because I recall the first song was LIB???, that Michael refused?  

I have NEVER even remotely pictured or digested the thought of MJ singing LIB lmao. There's def some songs that were either offered or the singer was considered where it would've worked (Cher singing 'Hot Stuff' by Donna Summer or 'Upside Down' being sung by Aretha instead of Diana Ross). MJ singing LIB would've been as awkward as Rod Stewart singing 'Physical' instead of ONJ lol. 

God, how I love him. Musical genius, I'll be forever grateful for the work he did with M and for the respect he still has for her.

Love you Pat ! ❤️

Same!

:inlove:

She obviously..well at least as of 2008 still greatly respects him too. He was the first or second person named when she thanked the people she worked with. Kind of infamously that's when she did NOT thank Stephen Brey :( That clip up above of him playing LAP is stunning. Whether you're a fan or not...pure TALENT. Never gets old to say she *must do one more album with him before she or they physically can't anymore! What the hell does she have to friggin lose. She's almost 60 and her music/sound with Pat in most ways was actually more mature and AC friendly than the stuff she's put out for years now. :/ GT was an obvious exception. Her core fanbase would go bananas as would the casual fans she used to have. The moment the press and media put it out there that she's working again with her 'LAP' and 'TB' hit makers, there would be immediate crazy hype. Versus f'king Orbit, Pharrell, Shellback, Max Martin or some other tired as hell lame producer lol

Michael Jackson didn't want his music and they landed on Madonna,  who saw the potential and took the songs up to another level. 

I have to re-read the Genesis of True Blue because I recall the first song was LIB???, that Michael refused?  

The first song Madonna & Pat wrote together tho was Love Makes The World Go Round in 1985.

Same!

Same too. The love and respect he shows for Madonna is wonderful.  He also is more than happy to share memories and music with her fans and never encourages nasty talk or put downs.  In fact, stops it completely. Just wants to appreciate the great music they worked on. Such a class act. 

"Desperate Madonna returns to 80s hit maker in a last ditch attempt to earn another hit" - we KNOW that's the spin some outlets would put on it!

Same too. The love and respect he shows for Madonna is wonderful.  He also is more than happy to share memories and music with her fans and never encourages nasty talk or put downs.  In fact, stops it completely. Just wants to appreciate the great music they worked on. Such a class act. 

Love Makes The World Go Round - they wrote it during the very early stages of The Virgin Tour and she performed it for the first (and only) time live at Live Aid.

LIB - the instrumental was offered to MJ, who rejected it.  Bruce Gaitsch said that Madonna wrote the lyrics and finished the melody after MJ rejected it.  She was filming "Shanghai Surprise" at the time in Macau.

"Desperate Madonna returns to 80s hit maker in a last ditch attempt to earn another hit" - we KNOW that's the spin some outlets would put on it!

Better than  'desperate M continues on the trendy, teen bandwagon working with Bieber's or Taylor's etc..latest producers in a last ditch effort for another hit to appeal to millennials, tweens to stay/sound relevant'. You take your pick of which 'spin' sounds more appalling ;P  

Can we please not turn this beautiful thread into another "Madonna is artistically over, she should go back to Leonard and Bray" thread?

Can we please not turn this beautiful thread in another "Madonna is artistically over, she should go back to Leonard and Bray" thread?

Thank you.

Can we please not turn this beautiful thread into another "Madonna is artistically over, she should go back to Leonard and Bray" thread?

Yes.  Patrick is not accepting anyone saying this on his own Instagram, even going as far as addressing it and defending her. He wants to celebrate their music together and has total respect for her throughout her entire career.