MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

Patrick Leonard's Instagram

M_Sinner    0
4 hours ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

I don't have time to edit it - but here's an mp3 of the whole show - enjoy.

Download Here

Thank you!

I would buy this album

Crux    0

Oh wow, thanks so much for the music files. I'm listening now and omg...Pat literally taken my breath away...especially when he performed Spanish Eyes, Dear Jessie and Oh Father.

Madonna needs to hear this.

Illuminati    0
4 hours ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

Download Here

Thanks so much, can't wait to listen to this after work

Lolo    0

Those Patrick Leonard quotes that @Pedro posted made me cry. This is the exact thing we said here so many times about her artistry and how she gets constantly overlooked and taken as granted. Thank you Patrick for speaking out! Thank you @jonluvsmaddy for sharing your audio! 💋💋👍🏻

jacket    0

The interview should be required reading for the no knowing pop writers at billboard, rollingstone, et al. and the delusionals at ATRL, cacadaily, etc.

Pedro    0
7 hours ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

Download Here

Gracias!!! 

Pedro    0
7 hours ago, Shaun said:

Review to follow. I am dead.

IMG_3231.JPG

:yowza:

Incredible! Congratulations @Shaun

Shaun    0

Last night was incredible, y'all. Hearing Patrick Leonard play songs like Spanish Eyes, Promise To Try, and He's A Man while simultaneously watching his facial expressions and feeling his emotion was...indescribable. He was engaging, passionate, and even funny. He told a story about wanting to add a third vocal layer to the chorus of Oh Father, but Madonna was resistant. "We went back and forth," he said. Someone in the audience shouted, "Who won the argument?" Pat shot back, "Who do you think? Whose image is on the album cover?"

I became a little sentimental hearing Dear Jessie. It took me back to my early years, listening to the album with the innocence of a child. He pointed out Jessie in the crowd after he finished. She received roaring applause. Surreal.

You all know the set list by now, but he really did a wonderful job of paying tribute to their remarkable body of work. After the show ended, we were able to meet him and pose for pics. I told him that his name was a source of light and creativity when I was a child and I thanked him for defending her tooth and nail on Instagram in recent months. I also showed him my Like A Prayer tattoo and had him sign my ticket.

After the event, we attended an after party at Central Bar NYC. Pat was there answering fan questions, handing out/signing sheet music, and just taking it all in. It was an intimate setting of about 15 fans, just listening to his stories. He told me that he's always been able to separate Madonna's iconic media persona from their music pretty easily. He rarely paid attention to her visual representations of their collabs, aside from the LAP video. Apparently, his mom and dad were not pleased with the Catholic backlash. He continued to defend her current legacy, mentioning how he was sitting at a bar with us while Madonna lives a lavish life on her private jets. He was very kind and humble.

We were also able to meet/chat with Jessie, his daughter! She seemed excited and in awe of the attention her dad was receiving. Again...surreal is the only way to describe it.

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

Illuminati    0

Amazing, thanks for sharing this. I'm currently listening and it's so wonderful. "Something To Remember" is playing right now and I love it. What a wonderful gift!

Almost feels like listening to a behind-the-scenes / behind the music /making of... like we got some demos.

Jamesy    0
40 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Last night was incredible, y'all. Hearing Patrick Leonard play songs like Spanish Eyes, Promise To Try, and He's A Man while simultaneously watching his facial expressions and feeling his emotion was...indescribable. He was engaging, passionate, and even funny. He told a story about wanting to add a third vocal layer to the chorus of Oh Father, but Madonna was resistant. "We went back and forth," he said. Someone in the audience shouted, "Who won the argument?" Pat shot back, "Who do you think? Whose image is on the album cover?"

I became a little sentimental hearing Dear Jessie. It took me back to my early years, listening to the album with the innocence of a child. He pointed out Jessie in the crowd after he finished. She received roaring applause. Surreal.

You all know the set list by now, but he really did a wonderful job of paying tribute to their remarkable body of work. After the show ended, we were able to meet him and pose for pics. I told him that his name was a source of light and creativity when I was a child and I thanked him for defending her tooth and nail on Instagram in recent months. I also showed him my Like A Prayer tattoo and had him sign my ticket.

After the event, we attended an after party at Central Bar NYC. Pat was there answering fan questions, handing out/signing sheet music, and just taking it all in. It was an intimate setting of about 15 fans, just listening to his stories. He told me that he's always been able to separate Madonna's iconic media persona from their music pretty easily. He rarely paid attention to her visual representations of their collabs, aside from the LAP video. Apparently, his mom and dad were not pleased with the Catholic backlash. He continued to defend her current legacy, mentioning how he was sitting at a bar with us while Madonna lives a lavish life on her private jets. He was very kind and humble.

We were also able to meet/chat with Jessie, his daughter! She seemed excited and in awe of the attention her dad was receiving. Again...surreal is the only way to describe it.

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

This is so awesome! I loved reading what you just wrote. 

I just watched / listened to "The Look of Love". OMG it was gorgeous. What a beautiful beautiful song that is / was. 

Takes me back to 1987.

VogueMusic    0
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

WOW. WOW. WOW.

Mmmmm    0

There's more on this persons account, 

like a prayer 

karbatal    0

Omg the videos are WONDERFUL!!!!!  Oh God the look of love and skin!!!!! 

Imagine Madonna there singing this setlist?????? 

zizibello    0

I'm crying tears of pure joy and bliss!!!

M needs to reunite with Patrick Leonard and create some beautiful music together!

karbatal    0
On 12/9/2017 at 10:47 AM, M_Sinner said:

M's makeup artist is going to the concert

Well I'm sure he will show M a couple of videos!!!!!! 🙌 

Pat has this tropical latin sensitivity and could do wonders in Portugal... 

Lolo    0
33 minutes ago, Crux said:

This is incredibly beautiful. I love it.

Oh my god, one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. Dying...

5 hours ago, Lolo said:

Oh my god, one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. Dying...

Cam you  imagine a surprise appearance of Madonna and starts singing...

"How many lives will they have to take?...How much heartache?...how many suns will they have to burn?...spanish eyes..." :dramatic:

Jazzy Jan    0
11 hours ago, Shaun said:

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

Loved reading your review Shaun. So happy for  you. What a concert and experience.