SPM

Patrick Leonard's Instagram

369 posts in this topic

https://www.instagram.com/patrickleonardofficial/

He's been posting a bunch of 80s Madonna gems lately. There are images from the studio she recorded True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, and I'm Breathless at! He also added a pic of M's 29th birthday a couple of hours ago and one of M and Jessie (from Dear Jessie). GOLDMINE! If he keeps it up, we'll be privy to more rare amazingness.

Wow.

The studio that created magic. 

There's something about this that reminds me of TPOG and TDDUP:

Ugh, I really wish M would work with him again. I can totally imagine her sitting down writing/singing new lyrics to this.

Could not give 2 shits if she doesn't get a single US radio spin or whatever...they MUST work on at least one more damn album. Their style, sound and chemistry would be ace with the state of the world now. 

A match made in heaven.  

I would love to hear another collaboration between the two.... Music to my ears!!!

Also, he still co-writes beautiful and magical music. One example is the work he's been doing with Leonard Cohen these past years. Especially Cohens last album which was one of his best.

Him & Joe Henry... Guy O shouldn't even try & tease with shit like Pharrell.

i don't mind Pharrell but i can understand the concerns since his sound is a bit outdated.

i think another album with patrick leonard would be fantastic.

It's up to Madonna.  

Nobody else.  

Up to her mood,  plans, etc.  

She simply has to go there and PLAY.  

She did that with LAP.  She was not in the mood of recording,  was tired and sick of it all.  Then Pat invited her and played some ideas and in ONE WEEK the album was written.  

I'm not religious. But I pray for just another collaboration. Add a string arrangement by Jeremy Lubbock and I can die happy.

A collaboration would be great but I don't know if they could come up with something fresh, anyway yes, I think she has to collaborate with him one more time, just to hear what they have to offer...if she did it with Orbit why not Leonard? 

I'd DIE if she ever decides to work with him again. Madonna and Pat Leonard are the perfect match.

3 hours ago, acko said:

Him & Joe Henry... Guy O shouldn't even try & tease with shit like Pharrell.

YESS.

54 minutes ago, Orion said:

A collaboration would be great but I don't know if they could come up with something fresh, anyway yes, I think she has to collaborate with him one more time, just to hear what they have to offer...if she did it with Orbit why not Leonard? 

Fresh is overrated. It has to be good above all things. 

Its all decided once they meet and team up again, no one knows what the two together can come up with now. This would make headlines, imagine the hype...

✨ them plus some cuttting edge and new producer would be magical again.

One of the other Jedi Masters of composers and producers, but I'm not sure if they can help the princess (Queen) or the rebellion, just like William Orbit Kenobi wasn't able to.

But why not? I'm open for any great work that might come from them if they would work together. 

I wish Madonna followed him! 

His son is a dj!  

Love these old photos.

Fingers crossed that they do work together again soon, he seemed very open about it in 2014

Would you like to work with Madonna again?

I would love to, because it's always really musically satisfying. We've done some things -- little things -- over the years. But the record-making/sitting down and writing songs together, we haven't done it in ages.

There was a musical play that she was considering and we got together and worked on some music, and we wrote a couple songs from scratch. And there was one ballad, and I remember the day we did it.

I had written the music and she wrote the lyrics and went in and sang it. And she came out of the booth and we both kind of looked at each other and she said, "You know, I think some things never change." It was just an immediately great song.

You know, my music, her words, her voice. There's a chemistry that's really cool. I would love to [work with her]. But I also deeply respect her trajectory, and we're on very different trajectories. I'm very happy right now working with (Cohen), who's just probably the greatest poet on earth. Makes me really happy.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5944767/madonna-producer-patrick-leonard-talks-like-a-prayer-at-25

Yes, I agree.  She would have to ditch her idea of chasing youth and concentrate on making great music, I felt some of that with Rebel Heart (aside from the rap/eletronic songs).  Her ballads and mid-tempo songs are just lovely.  Would appreciate and entire album of just that, with electronic instrumentation of course - but Pat Leonards piano accompaniment is amazing.  

That ballad never surfaced?????  It was from the Hello Suckers musical isn't it?  

Was it If You Go Away?

18 hours ago, SPM said:

https://www.instagram.com/patrickleonardofficial/

He's been posting a bunch of 80s Madonna gems lately. There are images from the studio she recorded True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, and I'm Breathless at! He also added a pic of M's 29th birthday a couple of hours ago and one of M and Jessie (from Dear Jessie). GOLDMINE! If he keeps it up, we'll be privy to more rare amazingness.

The holy grail of places.