MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

Patrick Leonard thread

Lovely classy words for him - as always. 

I think that when Patrick used the word loyalty, he was not referring specifically to the question asked or to Madonna fans who loved their work together and would love the hear them write and work together again. Something that most fans would love and appreciate.  It would be wonderful.

Instead, I think it was aimed at something else and the likes of ex fans who rubbish her all the time - like the ones we notice and comment on that pollute blogs, articles and other Madonna forums etc.  Who basically say that Madonna has been dreadful for years and should return to Patrick or William Orbit all the time and give her no credit.   The ones that don't talk of how much they loved Madonna and Patrick's work, but the ones that just attack her all the time.   I suspect he has got plenty of messages like that, thus the loyalty response.  Just my take on it. 

I agree with every word of this!

The tone of the comment by the fan was off.

I understand Patrick's somewhat direct response.

I think that when Patrick used the word loyalty, he was not referring specifically to the question asked or to Madonna fans who loved their work together and would love the hear them write and work together again. Something that most fans would love and appreciate.  It would be wonderful.

Instead, I think it was aimed at something else and the likes of ex fans who rubbish her all the time - like the ones we notice and comment on that pollute blogs, articles and other Madonna forums etc.  Who basically say that Madonna has been dreadful for years and should return to Patrick or William Orbit all the time and give her no credit.   The ones that don't talk of how much they loved Madonna and Patrick's work, but the ones that just attack her all the time.   I suspect he has got plenty of messages like that, thus the loyalty response.  Just my take on it. 

Yes! Can you imagine what he must deal with probably daily! :/ lol I mean how on earth is he NOT dealing w/ it considering the legendary masterpieces they created along w/ the intensity most M fans STILL have for them working together again (um..me included) lol If anything, may be worse than ever since it's been soo friggin long and also w/ the 'direction' she's gone in w/ the last several albums. Kind of a pity her work w/ Pat in her 20s was way more adult in many cases than what she's done in her 50s.Bottom line...they've both created the need so of course people must hound them both about reuniting. Perhaps Pat just felt the need w/ this one person to finally put 'something out there' to zip lock the subject up for a while. 

The tone of the comment by the fan was off. I understand Patrick's somewhat direct response.

Exactly

Precisely

And if she were to go back to work with Leonard they'd still bitch about something anyway

That person was served with class.

Good job Patrick.

And if she were to go back to work with Leonard they'd still bitch about something anyway

Exactly.

We live in the digital age, people have to always criticize everything and everyone "to look smart".

He's brilliant. I will always love him. 

Ugh he's such a liar. Did he say he never wrote songs with her at an airport? I remember! Looking. At. That. Blog.

She broke his pencil, because she was scribbling too hard... On the paper.

Ugh he's such a liar. Did he say he never wrote songs with her at an airport? I remember! Looking. At. That. Blog.

im not following this story. what happened?

tumblr_mkyhm6FhMS1rxml8no1_500.gif

THANKS Pat. 

These Madonna (ex)fans were being petty as fuck on his instagram, constantly telling him how much she sucks now and how she needs him. FUCK OFF. 

Kind of like when she worked with Orbit again... :chuckle:

I don't want her to work with Leonard again. I don't want the beauty they created together in the past tainted by the certain knit picking we would hear. The constant comparisons to their past work. There are countless other current producers that would be totally acceptable and exciting to see Madonna work with. I just don't see the point in her going back to him. 

It's why I wish she would've left Orbit in the ROL era. I enjoy what he did on Music & MDNA but it's not even close to the magic they created on ROL. 

I don't want her to work with Leonard again. I don't want the beauty they created together in the past tainted by the certain knit picking we would hear. The constant comparisons to their past work. There are countless other current producers that would be totally acceptable and exciting to see Madonna work with. I just don't see the point in her going back to him. 

It's why I wish she would've left Orbit in the ROL era. I enjoy what he did on Music & MDNA but it's not even close to the magic they created on ROL. 

Exactly this.

And that made him cry?

No wonder they wrote the song "Crybaby"! :shock: 

ITA.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened..."

Excellent response from Patrick! I love him even more now.

Which validates Leonard's answer to that fan's question even more. More than a question it was a biased assertion anyway

Kind of like when she worked with Orbit again... :chuckle:

:chuckle:

I think that Patrick and Madonna could create magic again. I feel a little differently with Patrick than William Orbit because as much as I love her past work with William, Ray of Light had a distinct sound and style in the production.  People were always going to compare.  Although, I love Lovespent so much and it was all fine with me. I know a lot of Madonna fans were not as enthused though.  I still enjoyed the music they made together a lot for MDNA. 

With Patrick, the music they wrote together is differently produced and could be made in any style.  Like a Prayer and True Blue had songs that could fit easily into any decade as I think would new songs and material.  

THANKS Pat. 

These Madonna (ex)fans were being petty as fuck on his instagram, constantly telling him how much she sucks now and how she needs him. FUCK OFF. 

Ugh!! Those fucking morons need to SHUT THE FUCK UP!! 

I don't think the beauty would ever b tainted, I think Madonna would thrive when writing with a musician like Pat again,

instead of these DJ/Dance/Remix-stars. I'm not talking about production. Somehow I doubt she'd b doing 4/4 waiting/hesitating verses with Leonard.

I would like them to work together again. But not only because of me, but I think that Madonna would enjoy it and feel good. That's according to the information we have about her creativity process. We don't really know much. 

That said, I don't think either that any legacy would be tainted. They worked in the 80s and when they got back together for I'll Remember the magic was there. And then some years passed and they had Frozen. Why would that change? A song is a song.

I am glad he anwered, though. So many fans pestering him EVERY FUCKING DAY with the same, he is surely fedup. I am sure he will delete this Instagram soon or will turn off all notifications.  

So, will he work with Madonna again?

I have always wondered how some people claim to be fans of a particular artist when all they do is to criticise what their fave is doing and thinking they know better. According to some they would know better than Madonna herself on how to run her own career. From her choice of producers, song writers, directors, photographers, stylists, designers, label company, hair, make up and why not even lovers, husbands, etc... they think they can always do a better job. 

I do believe in freedom of expression and it's all well and good to convey a particular reaction although negative but when all you hear is "this is bad".. "she should have done this".. "she better work with this or that person", and blah, blah, blah some people do come across jus as nagging bitches. 😂

If you like the music or videos, pictures, etc.. enjoy if not what's the point in following an artist you don't fully appreciate. Just saying..

I would feel embarrassed to death to write on some people pages and comment negatively on their works or personal choices. These people are artists after all.  Nagging over their works on their own page comes across very insensitive and rather ignorant imho. I was happy to read Patrick Leonard's response but also saddened because I realised how much shit these people must be getting from so called fans on a regular basis.