Ugly Hecty

Don't Cry For Me Argentina Miami Mix appreciation thread

32 posts in this topic

As well as  

This sounded so good on the radio and the clubs. Appreciate!

This fucking song...... 

It's so damn good. It's SUCH a good remix. The opening with those strings is everything. I remember hearing this ALL THE TIME when it was released. The fact a remix to a musical about Eva Peron was a massive hit for her truly says something about the star power she had in the 90's. 

I'd DIE if she performed this remix on a tour. 

Yeah that remix was stellar and also remember it all over the radio. Crazy how a campy Euro disco sounding remake of a movie musical song actually got her another top 10 song in the US. Would NEVER happen today. lol Granted, it's dated and has basically no place on Hot AC/ recurrent airplay now to the GP (don't think many even remember it lol) except Madonna fans. I barely think about it but doesn't mean it's not a great song from her. It's just soo 1997 (esp with it being the 'Miami Mix' or whatever is was) lol. South Beach/ Miami was like the hottest place then to party for gays and international people. It's def a hidden gem like so many other M songs. So many great songs from that were big or even huge in their time but just get 0 recurrent airplay. :( DCFMA is def one of them. 

Best remix of 1997. Everyone loved it. 

Nikki and Donna as backup was perfect. Love the MDN trio together.

Was listening to this yesterday and thought that we need an appreciation thread. Thanks for reading my mind! :angel:

It's such a great remix and we even got new vocals! It's about time that gems like this get a digital release or become available for streaming. 

Underrated and underplayed. I love it! 

It is brilliant. Hard to believe that a fast remix of a slow dramatic classic musical song would work so well but this does. Beautifully done.  She puts so much passion into it.  I love this remix and the original version as well.  She never gets enough respect and accolades for her Evita performance - both for her performance in the movie or her wonderful vocals.  

Love the fact that she re recorded the vocals for these mixes, and the tango sample incorporation is genius!

This song was such a welcomed return to upbeat/dance after the Something to Remember era.

29 minutes ago, Gus said:

Love the fact that she re recorded the vocals for these mixes, and the tango sample incorporation is genius!

I never knew this was a sample!!!

Hope it's being played at Madonna dance parties! 

The remix was a surprise hit. I remember hearing it constantly back in early '97 (?). Disappointed it was never available on any M album - they should have included it on at least GHV2, if not Celebration. 

19 minutes ago, vocalism said:

The remix was a surprise hit. I remember hearing it constantly back in early '97 (?). Disappointed it was never available on any M album - they should have included it on at least GHV2, if not Celebration. 

This.  It should've been included on ghv2... would've helped with sAles

Omg I was 12 , when this song was a hit , some radios used to play the mix instead the ballad version  , it was insanelly hot, you could see people on the street singing evita , evita , evita , OMG .. ....I loved the Evita era 

Just now, spotlight said:

This.  It should've been included on ghv2... would've helped with sAles

this

One of the very rare times she recorded new vocals for a remix. It was worth it.

7 minutes ago, mnino said:

One of the very rare times she recorded new vocals for a remix. It was worth it.

Especially when she sang the chorus in Spanish for the Spanglish version! Loves it!:inlove:

Bianca Del Rio used to perform a funny lip sync to the remix version. Lol

Love it. Precisely I was listening to it last weekend, I played all latin flavoured Madonna songs. She has so many! This remix was simply FRESH AIR back then. And it shows what remixes should be: something ejoyable that takes the song to another level. 

Its a classic! :inlove:

I'm sorry but it's awful. definitely one of her worst :IMG_1564:

I was 16, & we cringed at the time...kinda awful...tacky even when u think about it.

lol the mix isn't any good, but her voice and how she played eva in the movie is everything  

tumblr_mjmacsDbSm1rxml8no1_500.gif

I see how some may look at it as dated, cheesy and karoake ish but it was a remake for a movie musical soundtrack so she needed to take it to a new fresh level. She did and it smashed worldwide (her first #1 in France since LIB) and a solid top 10 or 5 basically everywhere. Like many of her other songs, surprised she doesn't embrace this more in compilations and on tour. Maybe cause it hasn't aged that well and was a remake/ non original song and simply good for its time to carry the movie. 

9 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I see how some may look at it as dated, cheesy and karoake ish but it was a remake for a movie musical soundtrack so she needed to take it to a new fresh level. She did and it smashed worldwide (her first #1 in France since LIB) and a solid top 10 or 5 basically everywhere. Like many of her other songs, surprised she doesn't embrace this more in compilations and on tour. Maybe cause it hasn't aged that well and was a remake/ non original song and simply good for its time to carry the movie. 

it sounded cheesy & dated from the get go....it's the remix equivalent of a wedding song.

let's not pretend it was some hot club track cuz it wasn't....