899 posts in this topic

Rush Rush was also a pretty big international hit. But yes, Gaga has more hits outside the US than Paula Abdul. But Paula's discography is more impressive. Only three albums but better songs. Even her remix album is superior to Gaga's. 

There's no no comparison between Gaga and Paula. Gaga is so awkward loooking whenever she tries to be sexy...she tries way too hard and fails miserably. On the other hand, Paula was more sexy back in her peak and she still is now...if she can only let go of whatever happy pills she's on. 

On 2017-03-31 at 4:49 PM, Lolo said:

tumblr_m6r1w24k9C1r90m4vo2_500.jpg

Well Paula Abdul looked absolutely hideous back in the days. No star quality... But generally speaking Gaga is the worst of the wurst...

Couldn't disagree with you any more... Paula was very good looking. 

I think she looks gorgeous in this pic⬆️

On 2017-03-31 at 8:03 PM, realityisalways said:

Lol Paula is not hideous at all and Gaga wishes she had even half of her performance skills.

Even Today's Paula decimates the uncharismatic and rhythmically challenged juana germanotta:

Lady galoshes can only wish she can pull this off as well as princess Paula.

On 2017-03-31 at 10:53 PM, Supernatural said:

Paula was sorta cute or whatever. I could see the appeal in even Janet or Mariah. They all had singles or albums I enjoyed. Slobs Greatest Hits does not hold up against any of those 3. There are acts with less hits but then you factor in how bad she always looks, can't dance or perform, and then add in the level of desperation and delusion, all the theft, and I don't think we've even seen anything so awful before!

Janet was gorgeous back in the day. Mariah looked very average. Imho

17 hours ago, karbatal said:

Paula abdul had more hits with an album than this stupid absurd mong will ever have. 

:thumbsup:

And paula got her hits the good old fashioned way. 

No 69 cents discounts, no over night iTunes ruses at 4 am no streaming nonsense.

6 hours ago, Gus said:

It's true but...

3) Lady Gaga: 478M with 395 shows

4) Madonna: 474M with 170 shows

Gus, thx for bringing some perspective to thèse numbers... :brenspin:  

Galoche = 1.2M per show.

Madonna =  2.8M per show.

Madonna always wins.

Even though "A STAR IS MOURNED" will flop hard at the box office, the payola article have prolly already been written about how it's the biggest grossing movie since avatar and  titanic combined.

They need to rename the move to "A Shit Was Born".  Now she's channeling M once again with those high-waist shorts (a-la SEX book).  She still looks like a "crack-whore".

On that other subject of Paula vs. gaga.....I never really got into Paula, but she was a lot easier on the eyes (and sometimes, ears).  The thing I couldn't handle with Paula is she reminded me a little too much of my lesbian gym teacher!!  gaga just resembles.....a crack-whore! 

Guess all the gays & non binary folks will see flop tour & film since she has pandering to lgbtq community with her kindness bullshit. 

That new performance of Paula is impressive. She's one of the best choreographers EVER.  You get hypnotised with her concept,  always. 

At least Paula's face is symmetrical.

12 hours ago, jonski43 said:

You lived Paula's career globally? 

I lived through the Paula era too. She's a two hit wonder here. I know she was massive in the US and she may have been popular in Japan but Gaga's career was huge at the start and data backs it up.  And posting a few covers from the era doesn't prove that much. 

Paula's was huge as well, the only difference is that germanotta has been kept with a failing career via frauds and payola.

13 hours ago, Gus said:

It's true but...

3) Lady Gaga: 478M with 395 shows

4) Madonna: 474M with 170 shows

How convenient that they choose "this decade", when this decade is basically just 6 years in. If you change this to the last 10 years, this list looks quite different when S&S needs to be added. But I guess this didn't fit their narrative.

13 hours ago, spotlight said:

Even though "A STAR IS MOURNED" will flop hard at the box office, the payola article have prolly already been written about how it's the biggest grossing movie since avatar and  titanic combined.

I can't wait for this shit fest and its not even filmed. Glitter 2 is coming!!

But you can see why they will still fund another shit album from her when the ChartGrave tour pulled in nearly half a billion* even though it was playing half empty venues everywhere. 

How many of the newest artists could do that?

*i assume this figure is inflated but it still shows she's profitable.

Those figures are innaccurate.  If you include all of Gaga's tours in this decade (Monster Ball started in 2009), it still totals in the 300 millions.  Whoever is giving out those numbers is full of crap, and including a whole chunk of the Monster Ball tour as being in this decade. 

Also, and I see this frequently.  A decade doesn't start in the year ending zero, as the very first decade wouldn't have started at year zero, but year 1.  Each decade is technically the year ending in 1 through the year ending in zero.  This decade is 2011 - 2020.

The Monster Ball 2010-2011 grossed close to 200M(not including the 21 shows she did in 2009)

Born this way Ball grossed 181M

Artgrave made 83M

Cheeck to cheeck 13M

Hmm.  I didn't think she had grossed that much. At least they took off the shows from 2009.  Anyway, her trajectory is strictly downwards.  We'll see how this Joanne crap does on the road.

Madonna's place at #4 on that list is very  impressive if you compare the number of shows of the other three 

1)Beyoncé: 610M - 211 shows
2)Taylor Swift: 567M - 332 shows
3)Lady Gaga: 478M - 395 shows
4)Madonna: 474M - 170 shows

On 31/03/2017 at 7:39 PM, Brasileiro said:

Has there ever been a pop tart as gross and unattractive as her? Can't think of one who was/is as low as this bitch...

Even talentless Janet didn't seem as apalling 😨

There is one. A current one. This turmeric mop:

ed-sheeran-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Gus said:

The Monster Ball 2010-2011 grossed close to 200M(not including the 21 shows she did in 2009)

Born this way Ball grossed 181M

Artgrave made 83M

Cheeck to cheeck 13M

But we also have to remember that the BTW ball ended with the faked hip injury as the US shows weren't selling. I wonder how much is left once costs are taken out. 

How are number of nights compared to number for ChartGrave? Her profits are dropping off rapidly but I can't imagine she has more nights than the last tour as her album and singles have tanked even more.

^Monster Ball - 203 dates(21 in 2009)

Born this way - 98 

Artgrave - 79 

C2C - 36

Joanne - 62 announced so far

25 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

But we also have to remember that the BTW ball ended with the faked hip injury as the US shows weren't selling.

Yes, and that not very successful South American leg of the tour...

3 hours ago, pjcowley said:

There is one. A current one. This turmeric mop:

ed-sheeran-2.jpg

Ugh. The absolute WORST!  If we needed anymore evidence that the age of the otherworldly godlike megastar's in music were a thing of the past look no further. Being bland as hell and boring seems to be what it takes these days.