980 posts in this topic

I like the new song, and I thought she was pretty great at Coachella. Still hate her unsufferable personality, but I think she mostly slayed Coachella. 

Really, did you see the whole thing? the tragic outfits? the recycled choreography? the fake guitar playing? the embarrassing banters? She was out of breath and looked like she was about to pass out after 5 songs, which is surprising for me because she usually has good breath control. She was clearly just going through the motions when she did Poker Face and Bad Romance, you can tell this bitch is so hurt by the fact that she'll have to be stuck with these two songs forever. The second half of the show was basically her intoxicated and all over the place on stage. The entire thing was a mess and even fans on gagadaily are not happy with her performances. 

Really, did you see the whole thing? the tragic outfits? the recycled choreography? the fake guitar playing? the embarrassing banters? She was out of breath and looked like she was about to pass out after 5 songs, which is surprising for me because she usually has good breath control. She was clearly just going through the motions when she did Poker Face and Bad Romance, you can tell this bitch is so hurt by the fact that she'll have to be stuck with these two songs forever. The second half of the show was basically her intoxicated and all over the place on stage. The entire thing was a mess and even fans on gagadaily are not happy with her performances. 

I watched it all. The first 45 minutes was the best, and the first song didn't do it for me, and I agree with you, not great breath control, a little sloppy. But yea, I was into it. haha Who cares about gagadaily they hate her almost as much as we do here. And I do hate her as a human haha. But I'm into it. 

Her new song is such a generic piece of shit....

Amen. 

I know. It's weird. Because even though I hate Gaga and her fans, I've found things to like about most of her music (even Joanne, although it's boring as hell overall). This is just terrible though. I actually listened to it a few times last night simply because it was so bad that I had to keep revisiting it to make sure I didn't miss something. I mean, who greenlit this as a single? There's zero personality. 

It's funny. PI made "Applause" sounds great. And this makes PI sound pretty good in retrospect!

:smoke: the seventies were an odd time and abba had their share of odd songs like King Kong song, the piper and this! 

Do you think they'll launch a greatest hits before the tour starts? After all, it's only four or five songs people want to see and that's what kept her career going for the last six years. 

It would make sense if she had recorded a few new tracks for a greatest hits album. What are the other options? That she recorded a new album already? Or that this a test single? I have a feeling that if it's not for a greatest hits album then we probably won't see this song on her next album. Assuming it flops, as it should. 

Amen.

I actually do like Applause and Do What You Want. It's funny, because artpop Gaga was when I least hated her, probably because she already looked defeated? The Monster era was insufferable, to see many Madonna jumping ship. BTW was when she started all those artsy fartsy gibberish mess. Artpop was just a hilarious train wreck to watch. Joanne is the worst offender, with this dead aunt theme and real musician bullshit and that radio interview when she dissed Madonna.

It was clear that after flopping so hard trying to fake herself a Music Country-Pop era, she would return to the cheap commercial basic tunes....it looks like she stops to copy Madonna....now she is copying Bieber and Mariah. Man is she "growing" as "artist".

And after all the "glowing" reviews (=paid ads) from some random magazines saying the song is a hit, a masterpiece etc... now are coming the real reviews:

"Lady Gaga’s latest single is another dud"

I know. It's weird. Because even though I hate Gaga and her fans, I've found things to like about most of her music (even Joanne, although it's boring as hell overall). This is just terrible though. I actually listened to it a few times last night simply because it was so bad that I had to keep revisiting it to make sure I didn't miss something. I mean, who greenlit this as a single? There's zero personality. 

It's funny. PI made "Applause" sounds great. And this makes PI sound pretty good in retrospect!

It would make sense if she had recorded a few new tracks for a greatest hits album. What are the other options? That she recorded a new album already? Or that this a test single? I have a feeling that if it's not for a greatest hits album then we probably won't see this song on her next album. Assuming it flops, as it should. 

Joanne made Artpop sound good, Artpop made BTW sound good and so on.

There she goes again with  "I always wanted to be an actress on the big screen":lmao::lmao:

There she goes again with  "I always wanted to be an actress on the big screen":lmao::lmao:

First movie? Your poor performance in Machete 2 and Sin City 2 says hello.

Ha, The Cure was written with and produced by DJ White Shithole. What did this cunt say about teaching Madonna about dance music? 

Hahahahahaah!!! 

Such a bore.

More Re-invention tour rip-off for her opening vidoe

tumblr_oohwlk9sBp1qepknto1_500.gif

Tired act

C9kZZ2tXgAQfrw-.jpg

I like the new song, and I thought she was pretty great at Coachella. Still hate her unsufferable personality, but I think she mostly slayed Coachella. Some weird song choices, the first song Shiebe  was not good, and her costume looked really cheap, the "light" came on at a random time and didn't add anything to the performance. I don't understand the whole never changing the choreography thing, but I guess Britney Bey and of course Janet all continue to recycle their choreo too. New song is obviously a desperate attempt at getting a hit, but it's breezy and cute with a great hook imo. She adopted a new stage attitude at Coachella I havent seen her use before, a little drunk, a little irreverent and "over it", but the closest thing to sexually confident she's ever had imo. 

It's actually not a bad song. But is it worthy of any kind of praise? No. It sounds like if Second Time Around was cowritten by Sia and produced by The Chainsmokers. There's nothing uniquely "Gaga" about this, but TBH that's what is going to help it chart high since it blends in with the pop atmosphere seamlessly. Gaga for majority of her career "set" trends, but The Cure is bland, uninspired and lifeless. It sounds like every single future bass/trop pop song we've heard in the last 3 years. She probably released this purely for charting reasons since she hasn't had a (legit) hit single since The Edge of Glory.

I still can't believe this film is being made... Bradley Cooper, have you lost your mind??

It was clear that after flopping so hard trying to fake herself a Music Country-Pop era, she would return to the cheap commercial basic tunes....it looks like she stops to copy Madonna....now she is copying Bieber and Mariah. Man is she "growing" as "artist".

And after all the "glowing" reviews (=paid ads) from some random magazines saying the song is a hit, a masterpiece etc... now are coming the real reviews:

"Lady Gaga’s latest single is another dud"

" It’ll still be a blast, and you’ll definitely have a couple of opportunities to hit the bathroom."

:chuckle:

Is she really gloating about the bad press she got for copying "Express Yourself"? Because what other trouble did the song cause? 

She's backtracking and pretending that her intentional all along was to rattle a cage with the release of that song.

It's actually not a bad song. But is it worthy of any kind of praise? No. It sounds like if Second Time Around was cowritten by Sia and produced by The Chainsmokers. There's nothing uniquely "Gaga" about this, but TBH that's what is going to help it chart high since it blends in with the pop atmosphere seamlessly. Gaga for majority of her career "set" trends, but The Cure is bland, uninspired and lifeless. It sounds like every single future bass/trop pop song we've heard in the last 3 years. She probably released this purely for charting reasons since she hasn't had a (legit) hit single since The Edge of Glory.

not so sure about that..

She's backtracking and pretending that her intentional all along was to rattle a cage with the release of that song.

I agree that she wants to make out that BTW was some shocking anthem because of its subject. This is what she does - re-writes facts with lies and overstating what happened to make out she's this massive creative force. There wasn't any controversy - it was just clear that she'd ripped off Madonna.

not so sure about that..

No, Gaga never set any trends. Her music was nothing original, her looks were just over the top to make up for no personality and her videos were just bloated versions of Madonna themes dressed up as some high art. 

This woman has no legacy other than a handful of dance pop hits.

Lady Gaga's last album, Joanne, felt like a forgery—a misguided bid to be taken seriously. This was curious coming from an artist who once refreshingly insisted that pop need not make any apologies. Joanne wasn't the sound of a singer who'd lost herself, but of one who never knew who she was in the first place. Gaga's new surprise single, which she premiered during her performance at Coachella last night, only further calcifies that impression. With “The Cure,” she abandons the middling singer-songwriter pap of recent single “Million Reasons” and abruptly shifts gears for a tropical house rhythm complete with a sped-up vocal sample reminiscent of Justin Bieber's smash “Sorry.” The lyrics are composed of generic pop platitudes about unconditional devotion that aren't worth citing here, rendered even more forgettable by a generic hook and a lifeless vocal turn by Gaga herself. If her intention was to make us realize just how much personality she imbued Joanne with, “The Cure” is a resounding success.

:rotfl:

Lady Gaga's last album, Joanne, felt like a forgery—a misguided bid to be taken seriously. This was curious coming from an artist who once refreshingly insisted that pop need not make any apologies. Joanne wasn't the sound of a singer who'd lost herself, but of one who never knew who she was in the first place. Gaga's new surprise single, which she premiered during her performance at Coachella last night, only further calcifies that impression. With “The Cure,” she abandons the middling singer-songwriter pap of recent single “Million Reasons” and abruptly shifts gears for a tropical house rhythm complete with a sped-up vocal sample reminiscent of Justin Bieber's smash “Sorry.” The lyrics are composed of generic pop platitudes about unconditional devotion that aren't worth citing here, rendered even more forgettable by a generic hook and a lifeless vocal turn by Gaga herself. If her intention was to make us realize just how much personality she imbued Joanne with, “The Cure” is a resounding success.

:rotfl:

this

it doesn't even sound like her singing the track except for a bit of wailing in the chorus - is she afraid people will turn off the radio if they realize it is her? LOL

Watch her go the Mariah route and release "buzz single" after "buzz single", hoping one sticks.

Watch her go the Mariah route and release "buzz single" after "buzz single", hoping one sticks.

Yeah I'm sorry but I'm fed up of the "promo single", "buzz single" bullshit from all these artists. If it's got a single cover and/or music video and it's released individually to download or stream, it's a fucking single! They shouldn't get the option to then relabel these with the dishonest titles of "promo" and "buzz". What a load of old shit!

If a new pop girl appears right now with the right tracks and visuals she will be totally obliterated.