MadonnaNation.com Forums

2 hours ago, realityisalways said:

Lol Paula is not hideous at all and Gaga wishes she had even half of her performance skills.

Even Today's Paula decimates the uncharismatic and rhythmically challenged juana germanotta:

Damn.  Work it Paula!  Is this that tour she is doing with new kids right now?

Paula was sorta cute or whatever. I could see the appeal in even Janet or Mariah. They all had singles or albums I enjoyed. Slobs Greatest Hits does not hold up against any of those 3. There are acts with less hits but then you factor in how bad she always looks, can't dance or perform, and then add in the level of desperation and delusion, all the theft, and I don't think we've even seen anything so awful before!

Paula Abdul cute or attractive????   Sorry, I don't see it, she's average at best. Maybe only when  compared to Gaga... 

I guess you are Zac Effron or something  then. 

Paula was great. Different sounding vocals though. She did however photograph brilliantly and looked smooth on film. Absolutely no comparison to Goober. 

Paula abdul had more hits with an album than this stupid absurd mong will ever have. 

2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I guess you are Zac Effron or something  then. 

:lol: not really, I'm a girl. Or let's say I was a girl 20 years ago... 

But maybe it's a boy/girl thing indeed. Maybe she's more attractive to the male eye. But you know, it's so diverse... I really love the beauty of Charlotte Gainsbourg, for instance, but I know a lot of people who think she's not good looking. With Paula it's just that she looks very plain and average to me, like someone who has dressed up for Prom Night. 

42 minutes ago, Lolo said:

:lol: not really, I'm a girl. Or let's say I was a girl 20 years ago... 

But maybe it's a boy/girl thing indeed. Maybe she's more attractive to the male eye. But you know, it's so diverse... I really love the beauty of Charlotte Gainsbourg, for instance, but I know a lot of people who think she's not good looking. With Paula it's just that she looks very plain and average to me, like someone who has dressed up for Prom Night. 

Oops sorry.

Dunno, I think general consensus would be she is an attractive woman, even if she's not model like at all.

She had her thing.

Gaga's thread usurped by Paula. I love it.

And I'm no Paula fan but you don't have to be to think she's a lovely-looking woman. She's no Madonna, but there's only one, so.

I remember an article in Spy magazine back in the day about those lame "10 Most Beautiful Women in the World" lists and how Madonna, who should be on one, never is, along with other names I can't recall now. 

I'm pretty sure celebrities' press people push for them to be on those most beautiful lists and I don't think Madonna's ever been into pushing for over PR'd accolades in any realm.

22 hours ago, Lolo said:

tumblr_m6r1w24k9C1r90m4vo2_500.jpg

Well Paula Abdul looked absolutely hideous back in the days. No star quality... But generally speaking Gaga is the worst of the wurst...

Billboard HOT100 no.1 hits:

Paula Abdul 6.
Lady Gaga 2.

Enough said.

Caca has had 3 #1s which is just as pathetic for being this so called massive star in the business for 8 or 9 years.  I think Kesha even has more #1s.

Ok I get it. You Americans love your Paula. Well, she means nothing to me, and I don't care for her success in the early 90s. In your country Gaga has still a career, so...

madonna-gif8.gif

53 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Billboard HOT100 no.1 hits:

Paula Abdul 6.
Lady Gaga 2.

Enough said.

Yeah but Abdul was a local act. She has about two memorable hits in the UK and probably the same the rest of the world over. Gaga was way more global.

And I still can't believe this film is being made...

More fake news - Madonna is supposedly 4th!

- 

and I won't even go into the fact that Take That covered Million Discounts on Chris Evans Radio 2 show. Really random choice. 

3 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yeah but Abdul was a local act. She has about two memorable hits in the UK and probably the same the rest of the world over. Gaga was way more global.

And I still can't believe this film is being made...

- 

and I won't even go into the fact that Take That covered Million Discounts on Chris Evans Radio 2 show. Really random choice. 

well, gaga is a local act now. And local PAYOLA act.

all her singles and album flopped outside USA where she is kept floating by her parents.

she has really sunken into obscurity worldwide.

47 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Umm no, Abdul has at least four global singles: Straight Up, Coldhearted, Opposites Attract and Rush, Rush. All of these were huge hits in Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America.

Abdul was global.

Picture+222052.jpg vero.jpg %2524%2528KGrHqUOKogE33PUkh17BOIFOm1mew%

Picture+222068.jpgabdulgreece.jpg  Picture+222082.jpg69f51b3f5c9f7419da7b67cb454fb093.jpg  Picture+222050.jpgPicture+222052.jpg Picture+222041.jpg    aatur.jpgPaulaPOPCORNLAREVISTA.jpgPicture+222047.jpgPicture+015.jpgPicture+037.jpg IMG_20100911_105526.jpg

44 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

It's true but...

3) Lady Gaga: 478M with 395 shows

4) Madonna: 474M with 170 shows

36 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

Umm no, Abdul has at least four global singles: Straight Up, Coldhearted, Opposites Attract and Rush, Rush. All of these were huge hits in Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America.

Abdul was global

Erm, not really. Check out her wikipedia discography. It really isn't that stellar. Her career was literally one album outside the US and Straight Up and Opposites Attract were the only really massive hits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Abdul_discography

Gaga's discography shits all over this globally with well charting singles up to DWYW off ArtPop before she dropped off a cliff. 

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

It's true but...

3) Lady Gaga: 478M with 395 shows

4) Madonna: 474M with 170 shows

That would explain things. More than double the shows but they won't report that. 

Just now, jonski43 said:

Erm, not really. Check out her wikipedia discography. It really isn't that stellar. Her career was literally one album outside the US and Straight Up and Opposites Attract were the only really massive hits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Abdul_discography

Gaga's discography shits all over this globally with well charting singles up to DWYW off ArtPop before she dropped off a cliff. 

That would explain things. More than double the shows but they won't report that. 

You are using wikipedia, I lived those eras and witnessed it myself. 

Just now, realityisalways said:

You are using wikipedia, I lived those eras and witnessed it myself. 

You lived Paula's career globally? 

I lived through the Paula era too. She's a two hit wonder here. I know she was massive in the US and she may have been popular in Japan but Gaga's career was huge at the start and data backs it up.  And posting a few covers from the era doesn't prove that much. 

I've accepted Madonna's touring record will eventually be broken.  I just hope Adele/Beyoncé/Taylor, etc continue to kick her ass so Gaga is left far behind, though none of them really deserve it, either.