198 posts in this topic

If you were a true "proud gay man" you wouldn't feel the need to frown upon drag culture. Because before you were ALLOWED to be "an enlightened gay man" (which you by the way are really not), there was drag and ballroom culture which gave a lot of LGBTQ kids a sense of community they didn't feel anywhere else. You really need to watch Paris Is Burning. Madonna was at it's premiere and her song and video Vogue are an hommage to the culture. You are incredibly uneducated about this topic. Had it not been for their struggle, oppression and harassment you would not enjoy the basic rights we have today in many parts of the world. They fought for shit when it wasn't politically correct to do so. When it wasn't "trendy". Please use your supposed enlightenment and pick up a book or watch a broad documentary on the history of homosexuality and the treatment of our community because you LACK it. And no one is claiming YOU have to dress up and lipsync. Not everything is about you, entitled white homosexual man. 

meryl_gif_oscars.gif.CROP.original-origi

Beautiful post, my thoughts exactly! 

lmao everytime I see come on here, from the outside I see this as the hottest topic...7 pages strong :dead: Barely even been keeping up w/ all the responses but how did this turn into one of the most popular debates, discussions or whatever of the year lolol. 

If you were a true "proud gay man" you wouldn't feel the need to frown upon drag culture. Because before you were ALLOWED to be "an enlightened gay man" (which you by the way are really not), there was drag and ballroom culture which gave a lot of LGBTQ kids a sense of community they didn't feel anywhere else. You really need to watch Paris Is Burning. Madonna was at it's premiere and her song and video Vogue are an hommage to the culture. You are incredibly uneducated about this topic. Had it not been for their struggle, oppression and harassment you would not enjoy the basic rights we have today in many parts of the world. They fought for shit when it wasn't politically correct to do so. When it wasn't "trendy". Please use your supposed enlightenment and pick up a book or watch a broad documentary on the history of homosexuality and the treatment of our community because you LACK it. And no one is claiming YOU have to dress up and lipsync. Not everything is about you, entitled white homosexual man. 

YAAAS!

shangela-throws-drink.gif

You just reminded me that I have never seen this documentary now considered a classic. thank you!

lmao everytime I see come on here, from the outside I see this as the hottest topic...7 pages strong :dead: Barely even been keeping up w/ all the responses but how did this turn into one of the most popular debates, discussions or whatever of the year lolol. 

:filth:

Because we're in the midst of an extremely dry Madonna drought. The ironic part of this thread is that if it was announced tomorrow that Madonna would be a judge of the show, this forum would melt the fuck DOWN. 

tumblr_m6yaem1sGu1r90m4vo1_400.jpg

Now, this is a LOOK :inlove:

All of the admonishment toward me on a celebrity blog site... I am full of shame...  I promise that I will not sleep more that 10 hours for not defining myself by my preferred sexual position or fetish....  Madonna is the Queen.... RuPaul is a poser.... Madonna should avoid a repeat like a 90120 reunion....

RuPaul is a poser.

& Speaking of "poses" ...turn to left! Now turn to the right! SASHAY! CHANTÉ!

meryl_gif_oscars.gif.CROP.original-origi

Beautiful post, my thoughts exactly! 

I promise that I will not sleep more than 10 hours after that ill thought out retribution for not accepting drag as anything but counterfeit art...  Art is creation, not cheap imitation..... And I am a proud gay man as is my husband.... and we both love Madonna and understand the history of gay rights....

Speaking of poses

You understand very little....  what are you.... ten?????

what are you

I don't hate drag.....  My initial point was that LGBTQ people can be anything....  

LGBTQ people can be anything....  

True. EVERYONE can be SOMEONE!

YAAAS!

shangela-throws-drink.gif

Enlightenment is personal....  I am not a 70's closeted gay guy or a 10's gay guy that doesn't understand history.... I got the shit beat out of me everyday for decades....  I understand sacrifice....  I  know what it is like to be on the outside... Madonna was the first person to tell me that I was ok....  That started my love affair in the early 80's....  I love her... because she taught me to love myself and others..... 

True. EVERYONE can be SOMEONE!

Agreed.....  I love you....  I am not the enemy....

How did this/ RuPaul wanting M on his show end up with 6 pages worth of responses lol

Εαsilly... we are in between eras. 

Enlightenment is personal....  I am not a 70's closeted gay guy or a 10's gay guy that doesn't understand history.... I got the shit beat out of me everyday for decades....  I understand sacrifice....  I  know what it is like to be on the outside... Madonna was the first person to tell me that I was ok....  That started my love affair in the early 80's....  I love her... because she taught me to love myself and others..... 

RuPaul has acted, modelled, presented radio, has made 11 studio albums of material that he wrote himself, and has been an all round successful business person. You said earlier before that what you meant by your original post is that LGBT people can do anything, but at the same time you called RuPaul, who has been the very example of being able to do anything, a poser. I appreciate what you've said in the post I've quoted, because Madonna and RuPaul's and career/show has done that for so many people, including myself, in the same way. RuPaul has been an inspirational public figure for millions of people, but you reduced all that to him to being a "poser" and implied that the people who he's helped to love themselves and believe that its okay to be an outsider as "unenlightened". I don't think your original post would have received half the negativity if you had not implied that. RuPaul has done a great deal of good, and you don't need to like his show to appreciate that.

RuPaul is shit and Madonna is NOT doing this crap is she? 

RuPaul is shit and Madonna is NOT doing this crap is she? 

Who knows really, she thought high enough of RuPaul to put his image in the Nobody Knows Me interlude on the MDNA tour. Some pretty famous and legendary people have judged on it. Though the best judges are people like 3 time judge La Toya Jackson haha

Latoya inspired him during the 80s. What's wrong with that?  

All this brow rising is idiotic.  

As always,  gay people going against each other instead of celebrating that different people are succeeding in different spheres. 

Who knows really, she thought high enough of RuPaul to put his image in the Nobody Knows Me interlude on the MDNA tour. Some pretty famous and legendary people have judged on it. Though the best judges are people like 3 time judge La Toya Jackson haha

Wow! Really? I've never noticed that, do you have the time frame he appears, would love to see it. 

I think RuPaul is a very intelligent and talented man who has been able to make a successful career in a very discriminating area and era.

Latoya inspired him during the 80s. What's wrong with that?  

All this brow rising is idiotic.  

As always,  gay people going against each other instead of celebrating that different people are succeeding in different spheres. 

Oh I wasn't joking, I really do believe La Toya is the best guest judge they've had. Of course there's nothing wrong with her inspiring Ru....except for the whole " Ivvvvvvvy Winnnnnters" thing haha

Sorry babes.  So many things are being said that I didn't notice you weren't joking.  big kiss. 

Ru is an icon, and I bet they have some amazing stories they could tell of their days in NYC. I would love it if she came on the show, they would need to make the entire episode M related of course! Love Ru. Also since apparently it is relevant, I'm 32, out and proud since 1997.  Paris is Burning and Truth or Dare helped me accept myself and come out of the closet. :-)