MadonnaNation.com Forums

karbatal    0
On 4/4/2017 at 2:09 AM, VogueMusic said:

So because it's "mainstream" now...Madonna is too good for it...? 

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

And Ru's success taking Drag into the mainstream now makes it "cheap"...?  And it's "jumped the gun" simply because it had a celebrity guest on, before M, that we don't like...? 

24bcac916712e220fdf967c2d17c6b28_ice-cub

1ce55365659aa5aa1199f815c0111057.gif

:lmao: agree!!!!!! 

Instead of celebrating,  now people go all hipster and rise eyebrows.  

Sometimes I can't.  

And people please wake up.  Madonna stopped being avant like TEN years ago.  She feels perfectly happy working with mainstream people.  

karbatal    0
On 4/4/2017 at 11:37 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

There were talks of Simon Cowell wanting to feature her in some performance show for her come back with Living For Love but it didn't happen. Maybe she is open to such offers if the timing is right and the conditions are to her liking.

She performed with Get together in a French talent show.  

That thingy with Gaga 

A whole week with Ellen 

That lottery thing with Frozen 

That home shopping with the books 

But yeah,  she should be above some good show that helps showcasing people that only thirty years ago were thrown from their homes for being themselves and still are battered to death in many countries... 

VogueMusic    0
4 hours ago, karbatal said:

She performed with Get together in a French talent show.  

That thingy with Gaga 

A whole week with Ellen 

That lottery thing with Frozen 

That home shopping with the books 

But yeah,  she should be above some good show that helps showcasing people that only thirty years ago were thrown from their homes for being themselves and still are battered to death in many countries... 

tumblr_inline_o1oqy4SKz31rrt2rj_500.gif

VogueMusic    0
9 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Rupaul's Drag Race seems tired and so yesteryear...   Besides Madonna already transformed gender bending decades ago by taking it mainstream.... I hope that M avoids the show at all cost.  Why not get her on The Family Fued while we are at it.... ?  Or maybe.... just maybe we could enjoy another reinvention rather than a mundane rehash.... Maybe it is just the enlightened, gay boy in me but I tend to avoid all programming that stereotypes my people.  In 2017, we are more than Drag Queens. We are mayors, movie stars, senators, educators, doctors, lawyers, aviators, soldiers, news anchors, CEOs and so much more.... Gone are the days when the occupational choices for "out" gays oncluded hair stylist, flower arranger and drag queen.....  I would prefer it if we were represented equally in all of our roles.  Just saying.... Not a fan....

This is exactly why Ru's success with Drag Race is so important.

I'm not saying anyone has to like Drag, or the show itself, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the modern landscape as all those others you listed. Not to mention Drag (and its history) is part of the reason why all those other folks, and their more 'respectable' roles, can even be out...and then turn around and point the finger at them to somehow 'get out of the way'. And whose to say those "stereotypes" are even bad? I mean, if it makes some that uncomfortable, maybe that says more about you...  And much of it, and them, didn't even ask to become "stereotypes". Not like hetero-dominate culture doesn't bear huge responsibility in perpetuating a lot of that...

Enlightened?  

536644_600.gif

jojuun    0
1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

This is exactly why Ru's success with Drag Race is so important.

I'm not saying anyone has to like Drag, or the show itself, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the modern landscape as all those others you listed. Not to mention Drag (and its history) is part of the reason why all those other folks, and their more 'respectable' roles, can even be out...and then turn around and point the finger at them to somehow 'get out of the way'. And whose to say those "stereotypes" are even bad? I mean, if it makes some that uncomfortable, maybe that says more about you...  And much of it, and them, didn't even ask to become "stereotypes". Not like hetero-dominate culture doesn't bear huge responsibility in perpetuating a lot of that...

Enlightened?  

536644_600.gif

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Some people's logic in this thread...

IsaacHarris    0
On 4/8/2017 at 8:12 PM, VogueMusic said:

And whose to say those "stereotypes" are even bad? I mean, if it makes some that uncomfortable, maybe that says more about you.

Thank you! 

IsaacHarris    0

If you queens were on the show, what would be your Madonna inspired look?

I'd go for her early 80's thrift store eleganza: hair-bows, bangles, messy hair.

Related image

Madonna+11.jpg?format=500w

Image result for madonna 80's bow

Pedro    0
2 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Either one of the following: 

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

Ugly Hecty    0

No more kimonos following last year. :sneaky:

This look would be my pick. It's pinnacle 1990's Madonna glam!

Image result for Madonna 1991

sul8323    0
On 4/8/2017 at 6:28 PM, jojuun said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Some people's logic in this thread...

Yeah... I absolutely feel enlightened as I am a proud gay man who refuses to be defined by my fetishes or preferred sexual position.... I can be anything without playing dress up and lipsynching to somebody else's art...  I do not have to be a counterfeit anythong for anybody... So that makes me feel enlightened.  Sorry... not sorry....

karbatal    0

:lmao:

Sorry but you sound like those crazy SJW. 

Nobody defines YOU.  They are expressing THEMSELVES.  

Mattress    0
11 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I'd go for her early 80's thrift store eleganza: hair-bows, bangles, messy hair.

YES. :wow:

I'd serve up a heaping helping of VMA realness from either 1994 or 1995. I can't decide.

new-madonna-fashion-mtv-music-awards-090   tumblr_m6yaem1sGu1r90m4vo1_400.jpg

VogueMusic    0
4 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Yeah... I absolutely feel enlightened as I am a proud gay man who refuses to be defined by my fetishes or preferred sexual position.... I can be anything without playing dress up and lipsynching to somebody else's art...  I do not have to be a counterfeit anythong for anybody... So that makes me feel enlightened.  Sorry... not sorry....

Then you clearly don't understand drag...at all.

5 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Your tone seems very pointed right now. I'm glad you feel enlightened, good thing you're not a fan of anyone who would enjoy dressing up in costumes, performing (while sometimes lip synching) while never ever being crude or using their sexuality as a means to create an entertaining peformance.

6 hours ago, sul8323 said:

tumblr_mk6icszZM51rthkuko2_250.gif

karbatal    0
2 hours ago, VeronicaElectronica said:

Your tone seems very pointed right now. I'm glad you feel enlightened, good thing you're not a fan of anyone who would enjoy dressing up in costumes, performing (while sometimes lip synching) while never ever being crude or using their sexuality as a means to create an entertaining peformance.

:lmao::rotfl:

BRAVO. 

Jazzy Jan    0
4 hours ago, Dramatic Violin said:

tumblr_mk6icszZM51rthkuko2_250.gif

Look at Meryl play that dramatic violin. :dramatic:

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

DRAMATIC VIOLIN IS BACK!!!!!

:rotfl:  Dramatic Violin has to be the funniest user name on the forum.  Makes me laugh every time. 

Starman    0
6 hours ago, VeronicaElectronica said:

:dead:

How did this/ RuPaul wanting M on his show end up with 6 pages worth of responses lol

Bill    0
9 hours ago, VeronicaElectronica said:

:dead:

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

How did this/ RuPaul wanting M on his show end up with 6 pages worth of responses lol

I was thinking the exact same thing. lol. 

The polarizing reactions from from some in here who think it's 'OMG so beneath her!' or 'It'll DAMAGE her career!' and my personal favorite, 'GAGA DID IT FIRST SO MADONNA SHOULDN'T DO IT!' are just so fucking silly and childish.

If she actually DOES do it some day, I hope tabs are put on every single person who said these things. 

jojuun    0

If you were a true "proud gay man" you wouldn't feel the need to frown upon drag culture. Because before you were ALLOWED to be "an enlightened gay man" (which you by the way are really not), there was drag and ballroom culture which gave a lot of LGBTQ kids a sense of community they didn't feel anywhere else. You really need to watch Paris Is Burning. Madonna was at it's premiere and her song and video Vogue are an hommage to the culture. You are incredibly uneducated about this topic. Had it not been for their struggle, oppression and harassment you would not enjoy the basic rights we have today in many parts of the world. They fought for shit when it wasn't politically correct to do so. When it wasn't "trendy". Please use your supposed enlightenment and pick up a book or watch a broad documentary on the history of homosexuality and the treatment of our community because you LACK it. And no one is claiming YOU have to dress up and lipsync. Not everything is about you, entitled white homosexual man. 

jojuun    0

giphy.gif