208 posts in this topic

Last season, you had a similar runway challenge: all the queens wore Madonna-inspired looks. When can we expect The Queen of Pop to be a guest on the show?
Well you know, Madge doesn’t really do that much television. Unless she’s promoting something, and then she does the big shows, like Carpool Karaoke. We always ask. We always ask 
Cher. We always ask everyone.

Who would be your dream guest?
Well I would certainly love to have Madonna, Cher, Judge Judy and 
Diana Ross; all of those people have really shaped my view of life, ya know?

From RuPaul's Billboard interview posted today:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7743468/rupaul-drag-race-gaga-bowie-trump-interview

Make it happen! Michelle Visage would be in a coma :grins:

raw

Omg it would be so wonderful... 

Is It true that the Gorgon is a guest for the whole season?????? 

If that's true I don't know if I can stomach it. 

After Gaga she won't do it.

Curious to know what fans think! I'm not crazy about idea because its a step down for her to be on a reality show even if it's the best. Gaga appearance kinda made the show suck more. 

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Curious to know what fans think! I'm not crazy about idea because its a step down for her to be on a reality show even if it's the best. Gaga appearance kinda made the show suck more. 

MTE! Sorta like sloppy seconds. Ugh, no thank you!

I don't think it'd be a step down for her at all. I don't think it's a step down for any gay icon to appear on RuPaul'show at this point. 

Madonna has literally helped to not only change the hearts and minds of the general public towards homosexuality, but she is adored, respected, and idolized by millions of gay men around the world. I know I speak for many gay men when I say that it weren't FOR Madonna, I don't know where I'd be. And if it weren't FOR Madonna, a show like this may not even exist. 

She needs to do it. If only to capture the moment RuPaul reveals her to those queens as a guest. You'd have at least 2-3 fall over. 

mark my words, she will do it!

I love drag race but I wouldn't want Madonna cheapening her brand by appearing personally. I also don't know if she'd consider doing it after gaga lol, she clearly hasn't before. 

She's turned down Gay Pride apperences for years.

Christopher was always trying to convince her to do stuff like that but she never has and I think Ru Paul's drag race is kind of in the same category of something that isn't very Madonna.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

She's turned down Gay Pride apperences for years.

Christopher was always trying to convince her to do stuff like that but she never has and I think Ru Paul's drag race is kind of in the same category of something that isn't very Madonna.

Yes, especially now that Gaga has tainted the show, she'd need to have a mega special but I kind of agree that M is such a legend that she shouldn't do this nor the prides etc. She's way too a-list for this. 

It would be a dream come true to see Madonna appear on RuPaul's Drag Race as a guest judge! I'm sure she would come across fantastically and audiences would warm to her immensely! *prays*

This notion that appearing on a show which celebrates gay culture, something that Madonna helped shape, something that Madonna has celebrated, is beneath her just mystifies me. 

My god. 

It'd be something fun for her, the fans, and the contestants. Madonna's "brand" has been more damaged by her own missteps in the last 10 years than it would be by appearing on a campy, funny, well produced show that celebrates drag queens. 

If she turned them down before, why would she go now, especially after Gaga? Seems like they asked her repeatedly so she probably has no intention to appear on that show.

no.

Nothing against RuPaul. Actually, all my respects! But honestly... NO. 

I think Madonna would be the most intense person by far to ever possibly be on the panel. I mean you'd have to shit yourself thinking she'd be judging your runway look lol.

Lady Gaga just will never hold that level of intimidation and terror. I can't even stomach watching this season because of her being on it, so honestly I'd rather Madonna just not.

She's too big to be a judge on any of these reality shows really

Unless she pulls a Miranda Priestley type of critique, then no.

that would be absolutley fabolous having Madonna, Cher and Diana Ross in one show even !!!!

My gay heart couldnt resist this :D :D

now that GooGoo has been on this season - NO NO NO

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

This notion that appearing on a show which celebrates gay culture, something that Madonna helped shape, something that Madonna has celebrated, is beneath her just mystifies me. 

My god. 

It'd be something fun for her, the fans, and the contestants. Madonna's "brand" has been more damaged by her own missteps in the last 10 years than it would be by appearing on a campy, funny, well produced show that celebrates drag queens. 

It may celebrate gay culture but it's still a reality show. I feel there are much classier ways to celebrate the gay community and Madonna's commitment to it. Also it's a slippery slope. Once you go on one reality show even if it's considered not too trashy, it inevitably leads you to going on more and soon you are a reality star.  I personally would rather not have her go down that road. 

I have to say if gaga didn't appear yet I wouldnt be against it. but now that she has I think she cheapened it. prefer to see M on a very important underground gay event filled with gays who respect her, and say something important and really relevant & intelligent, and not go on a show that seems to be more about the stereotype/cliché of gays and drag queens

I just want it to mean something, not just be an a lister on a hip show to "prove" how much they "care".

1 hour ago, Django said:

Nothing against RuPaul. Actually, all my respects! But honestly... NO. 

Exactly.

I just can't with some of y'all...