Republicans trying to pass disgusting Trumpcare bill

I saw on the news the other night they went to Dumbfuckville, USA and were asking all these Trump supporters their thought on him and they were all about the lying media and how he's doing a great job and they were right to vote for him and every bit of evidence they were shown to the contrary they were all like :ohwell:*shrug" with dumb looks on their faces. Not only will he get through this full term but the Repubs will get back in next time too. And seeing as there is no Democrat movement to speak of, they'll probably walk it even easier. 

Well the clock is rapidly ticking. Midterms are now just 15 months away. The Dems are basically still acting like Hillary/2016. NO concrete economical message, buzz for anyone, or any stand out people/stars who are truly connecting with the people they lost and/or need to come out next time. Trump is the gift that keeps giving but the Dems aren't countering with a *message. It's the same Hillary shit (all anti Trump). 

His people ain't budging. Dumbfuckville USA lol= mainly rural America and swing counties who are absolutely are a cult, brainwashed and desensitized now to what was once unthinkable shit (25-40% of the entire country). Most of those sheeple dont even know who Putin is or where Russia is on the map! Lol These dolts love what they hear about him though and want a dictator. Trump is their guy. Only the media is tripping out over Russia- not his main base. They'd love it if he or one of his thugs actually shot or jailed an 'elite journalist' or whatever. Fox shithole News is officially state/ Trump TV now.

We all knew they'd come out mob style in 2016. While people in the big cities and blue leaning swing counties along the blue wall etc...weren't energized. If the midterms or even presidential election were today, yes, he'd still f'king win. :wacko:

There are just too many uninformed morons in this country that Republicans will probably still win the upcoming mid terms.  With Obama America at least ended on a high note.  It's all downhill from here .  Honestly I don't even care if this country slips off the stage as a world power.  We deserve it honestly for being such smug prideful assholes in our ignorant stupidity.  This country didn't deserve someone like Obama.  

Assholes

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/health-care-reform-proceeds-pence-breaks-tied-senate-vote-article-1.3355072

Health care reform proceeds after Pence breaks tied Senate vote

BY  JASON SILVERSTEIN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 5:13 PM

The GOP’s crusade to eliminate Obamacare has been kept alive by one vote.

Vice President Pence broke a tied Senate vote Tuesday and chose to continue debate for attempts to repeal and possibly replace America’s health care law.

Pence cast his decisive vote after the Senate votes broke down to 50-50.

Even with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who announced a brain cancer diagnosis last week, flying into Washington to cast a dramatic yes vote, Republicans couldn't ensure a victory until Pence called it in their favor.

But several Republican senators who have opposed versions of a reform bill — including Dean Heller of Nevada, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia —voted in favor of keeping the debate alive.

President Trump praised the razor-thin win as “the beginning of the end for the disaster known as Obamacare.”

“Now we’re all going to sit together and we’re all going to try to come up with something that’s really spectacular,” he said in a joint press conference with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri.

But he said he was “very sad” to see two Republicans still voting no. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska were the holdouts.

The tension and turmoil over Tuesday’s decision resounded until the final minutes before the vote.

Protesters in the Senate chamber shouted "Kill the bill!" and "Shame, shame, shame!" as the senators prepared to make their choice.

The surgery-scarred McCain drew applause when he returned to the floor for the first time since announcing his ailment. But after the tally, the veteran lawmaker and Vietnam prisoner of war delivered a scathing rebuke of the partisan politics roiling Washington.

“We’re getting nothing done,” he said, sporting a gash over his left eye.

“Our health care insurance system is a mess. We all know it, those who support Obamacare and those who oppose it. Something has to be done. We Republicans have looked for a way to end it and replace it with something else without paying a terrible political price. We haven't found it yet, and I’m not sure we will.”

McCain lamented that today’s gridlocked Congress could not claim “with a straight face” that it is “the world’s greatest deliberative body.”

The Tuesday vote came after Republicans had repeatedly failed this year to unite the party behind various health care bills.

But the vote only ensures that the legislative battle for reform will proceed one way or another.

It remains unclear if the Senate will now consider a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, or a separate bill that would simply nix Obamacare without another plan in place.

Trump has supported both options, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has pushed to end Obamacare even if there isn’t a replacement ready.

Versions of both bills as they are written now would deprive more than 20 million Americans of health insurance over the next decade, according to estimates from the Congressional Budget Office.

Some Republican senators shunned the bills because of the cuts to coverage, while others turned away because they felt the legislation didn't go far enough in dismantling Obamacare. There is no guarantee that the Republicans who voted yes on Tuesday will say the same when another bill comes up.

Trump said he expected to see a "really, really wonderful" bill hammered out “over the next week or two,” though he did not detail what he hopes to see in it.

It is unlikely that the Senate will be voting on a new bill anytime soon, as it is expected to begin its August recess next week.

But Trump told Republican senators last week that they “shouldn’t leave town” until their reform efforts are “complete.”  

Trump had spent the past week threatening reluctant Republicans that they would sentence themselves to defeats in 2018 if they couldn't carry out their anti-Obamacare promises.

He kept the pressure going up through Tuesday morning, writing in a tweet, "The American people have waited long enough. There has been enough talk and no action for seven years. Now is the time for action!"

Why are so many Americans against healthcare ? Why is The United States the only Western nation who has so many that seem to think health care is a privilege and not a right ?  I know it is not all Americans of course but there seems to be an awful lot of wealthy people there who don't care that people are going without essential health care.  That ideology is selfish and heartless. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Why are so many Americans against healthcare ? Why is The United States the only Western nation who has so many that seem to think health care is a privilege and not a right ?  I know it is not all Americans of course but there seems to be an awful lot of wealthy people there who don't care that people are going without essential health care.  That ideology is selfish and heartless. 

Americans believe you have to work really hard and fight for what you have. Just as an example, lot of people do go to university for free, but they did it by working their asses off, getting the best grades in high school, exceeding in sports, SOMETHING, and got scholarships. Everyone would agree that that's awesome, but if someone said they went to school for free for absolutely no reason whatsoever, they'd at the very least have someone roll their eyes at them. Losing your job and getting help from the government is a massive taboo. Most families would keep it a secret and never tell anyone. You ALWAYS, ALWAYS hear people say "I SAW SOME LADY BUYING JUNK FOOD WITH HER EBT CARD. SHE SHOULD BE IN JAIL. WASTING MY TAX DOLLARS ON THAT FAT ASS FOOD." :lmao: My sister always says incredibly stupid shit like that. Meanwhile, I have a Spanish friend here in Mexico City who brags about getting an unemployment check every month from the Spanish government for doing absolutely nothing. He spends his money on booze, weed, traveling and tacos and none of his Spanish friends give two shits. If anything they say things like "oh, take advantage while things improve and there are better jobs for you to go back to."

Completely different mindsets. Different values. That's just the way things are. 

What bothers me, though, is that the ACA is SO fucking Republican, Capitalistic and Conservative. It basically forces everyone to buy private health insurance, which helped those massive companies only make more money and create jobs and blah the fuck blah. There's absolutely no fucking reason why Republicans should hate it. Nobody knows why they hate it, they just hate it. And it's obviously because a black man came up with the idea. 

:lmao:Oh, and going back to the EBT card comment, I haven't lived in the U.S. for 8 years but I'm pretty sure since I left a lot more laws have been passed in states across the country to control what people can and cannot do with their social welfare money. Like, okay, you got fired, we're going to give you some money so your family doesn't starve to death, but now you have to check in with us every week and show us that you're looking for a job, you can't buy junk food, you can't buy alcohol, you have to get a drug test every 2 weeks, you cannot ever commit a crime, no matter how small, or else good luck and we hope you don't starve to death :lmao: Oh, and here's this super, duper long list of requirements. Like, for example, if you have a car that's under your name, you're shit out of luck (I was making up some of the stuff, but this requirement is actually real in California). Sell your car before you ask us for money, you freeloader. 

P.S. God Bless America. We're #1. Freedom. 

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

:lmao:Oh, and going back to the EBT card comment, I haven't lived in the U.S. for 8 years but I'm pretty sure since I left a lot more laws have been passed in states across the country to control what people can and cannot do with their social welfare money. Like, okay, you got fired, we're going to give you some money so your family doesn't starve to death, but now you have to check in with us every week and show us that you're looking for a job, you can't buy junk food, you can't buy alcohol, you have to get a drug test every 2 weeks, you cannot ever commit a crime, no matter how small, or else good luck and we hope you don't starve to death :lmao: Oh, and here's this super, duper long list of requirements. Like, for example, if you have a car that's under your name, you're shit out of luck (I was making up some of the stuff, but this requirement is actually real in California). Sell your car before you ask us for money, you freeloader. 

P.S. God Bless America. We're #1. Freedom. 

Thanks for the explanation. So different to Australia.  Even our wealthy support everyone having free healthcare access and support mass spending in public education. 

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Thanks for the explanation. So different to Australia.  Even our wealthy support everyone having free healthcare access and support mass spending in public education. 

It was drilled into us as children that "there's no such thing as a free lunch." In retrospect, they were basically telling the poorer kids in school that they should be grateful to have the luxury of eating a slice of pizza and a carton of milk  everyday for free because it was costing the taxpayers. we were 6 years old, for heaven's sake :lmao: 

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

That's the funny thing. The US spends more per capita than Australia on both healthcare and education. The US spends massive amounts of money on forcing people to buy private health insurance and have students past grade 12 go into massive debt to pay for school. 

It's a broken and horribly corrupt system that makes absolutely no sense at all. 

13 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It's baffling for those of us who have grown up in a world where healthcare is an undeniable RIGHT for everyone. 

Thatcher tried her best to destroy the notion of "society" in the UK while asset stripping the country and turning it into the customer-service low economy shithole that it is now, but even she knew that destroying the NHS too much would be political suicide.

I'm amazed that some parts of the UK are standing back as the Tories sell off essential services to private American healthcare firms though. It's the first slippery step of privatisation and everything that gets privatised in Britain turns into a mismanaged money-pit that makes a profit for a few rich people and makes life difficult for everyone else.

22 minutes ago, Kim said:

It's baffling for those of us who have grown up in a world where healthcare is an undeniable RIGHT for everyone. 

Thatcher tried her best to destroy the notion of "society" in the UK while asset stripping the country and turning it into the customer-service low economy shithole that it is now, but even she knew that destroying the NHS too much would be political suicide.

I'm amazed that some parts of the UK are standing back as the Tories sell off essential services to private American healthcare firms though. It's the first slippery step of privatisation and everything that get's privatised in Britain turns into a mismanaged money-pit that makes a profit for a few rich people and makes life difficult for everyone else.

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

I just saw a special on DW on how your conservative party is trying desperately to raise the limit on tuition for private universities. They modeled it after the U.S. system and it's become such a massive industry that obviously there's a lot of lobbying going on behind closed doors. 

The world's fucked. My dad paid 38,000 dollars a year for my school (I never finished because he passed away before I could finish). That was over 10 years ago. Prices have increased dramatically since then. I seriously have no idea what young people are going to do. I feel really bad for them.

7 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I just saw a special on DW on how your conservative party is trying desperately to raise the limit on tuition for private universities. They modeled it after the U.S. system and it's become such a massive industry that obviously there's a lot of lobbying going on behind closed doors. 

The world's fucked. My dad paid 38,000 dollars a year for my school (I never finished because he passed away before I could finish). That was over 10 years ago. Prices have increased dramatically since then. I seriously have no idea what young people are going to do. I feel really bad for them.

The situation in England and Wales is appalling, up to 9k a year on tuition alone, then maintenance loans on top of that, some people starting their working career (in a call centre or managing a KFC or if they're lucky in a decent job) in 40-50k of debt. And forget about even trying to get on the housing ladder.

I paid the princely sum of zero for my degree (the year before fees were introduced) as does my niece today, as Scotland abolished tuition fees a few years ago. Just another indicator of the political disparity going on in the UK right now. 

Can't wait till Brexit hits.

To answer the question as to why most Americans are against Obamacare, the ACA, universal healthcare, whatever you want to call it is pretty simple in my opinion. It isn't that they're against the services these laws and bills could and would provide, it's that they're against the PERSON or PEOPLE who want to implement. Obama could've sent every American a weekly check for $1000 and 40% of this country would've sent it back because of who sent it.

This country is SO ignorant and uninformed, that when you ask a MAJORITY of people if they're FOR Obamacare, they'll say HELL NO. But if it's rephrased as, if you're for the Affordable Care Act, they'll say yes. It's so tragic it hurts my head. 

And @ULIZOS is absolutely SPOT ON when it comes to how CONSERVATIVE the ACA is. Which is why republicans, who now have to actually govern, are tying themselves into knots when it comes to repealing it. Because the majority of them actually AGREE WITH IT. It's basically a nationalized version of the same kind of healthcare that was implemented in Massachusetts under Mitt Romney. All of it is so maddening. And the worst part of it all, that while these fools bicker and fight and play politics, real human beings, real AMERICANS as they always say, are the ones suffering physically, emotionally, and financially on all things related to healthcare. The stories out there are sickening and sad.    

Things are bad now under this monstrosity of a president, but they're going to get MUCH worse once his followers don't get their 'BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL' or their 'SPECIAL healthcare' or when those factories that he promised don't sprout up like weeds. 

33 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

To answer the question as to why most Americans are against Obamacare, the ACA, universal healthcare, whatever you want to call it is pretty simple in my opinion. It isn't that they're against the services these laws and bills could and would provide, it's that they're against the PERSON or PEOPLE who want to implement. Obama could've sent every American a weekly check for $1000 and 40% of this country would've sent it back because of who sent it.

This country is SO ignorant and uninformed, that when you ask a MAJORITY of people if they're FOR Obamacare, they'll say HELL NO. But if it's rephrased as, if you're for the Affordable Care Act, they'll say yes. It's so tragic it hurts my head. 

And @ULIZOS is absolutely SPOT ON when it comes to how CONSERVATIVE the ACA is. Which is why republicans, who now have to actually govern, are tying themselves into knots when it comes to repealing it. Because the majority of them actually AGREE WITH IT. It's basically a nationalized version of the same kind of healthcare that was implemented in Massachusetts under Mitt Romney. All of it is so maddening. And the worst part of it all, that while these fools bicker and fight and play politics, real human beings, real AMERICANS as they always say, are the ones suffering physically, emotionally, and financially on all things related to healthcare. The stories out there are sickening and sad.    

Things are bad now under this monstrosity of a president, but they're going to get MUCH worse once his followers don't get their 'BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL' or their 'SPECIAL healthcare' or when those factories that he promised don't sprout up like weeds. 

But that wasn't the question. The question was HEALTHCARE, as in why the hell does someone who develops cancer and needs treatment, who falls down in the street of an aneurysm, or (to use recent news stories) has acid thrown in their face or gets embedded with nails from a terrorist blowing themselves up have to write a cheque for $$$ for the treatment they receive? What kind of non-society is that? Healthcare should be a human right and free at the point of access. (not that the taxes paying for it are free of course) not a business.

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

But that wasn't the question. The question was HEALTHCARE, as in why the hell does someone who develops cancer and needs treatment, who falls down in the street of an aneurysm, or (to use recent news stories) has acid thrown in their face or gets embedded with nails from a terrorist blowing themselves up have to write a cheque for $$$ for the treatment they receive? What kind of non-society is that? Healthcare should be a human right and free at the point of access. (not that the taxes paying for it are free of course) not a business.

There's the answer to your question. There's absolutely no sense of community in the U.S. None. Zip. Zero. It's all about ME ME ME and at the most your "nucelar family." That doesn't include your parents, you just toss them away and leave them in an old folks' home once they reach a certain age and become a nuisance.:lol: 

Sorry, it's not that I want to laugh, But writing this shit out sounds like a bad, low-budget horror flick. 

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

There's the answer to your question. There's absolutely no sense of community in the U.S. None. Zip. Zero. It's all about ME ME ME and at the most your "nucelar family." That doesn't include your parents, you just toss them away and leave them in an old folks' home once they reach a certain age and become a nuisance.:lol: 

Sorry, it's not that I want to laugh, But writing this shit out sounds like a bad, low-budget horror flick. 

I know. This is why I cannot stand these pathetic gays that think Maggie Thatcher was Meryl Streep flouncing around in a wig being the Madonna of the political world and such a wonderful powerful woman (who ironically hated women and did everything she could to decimate women's (and gay) rights) when her main political message (akin to Reagan) was that there was "no such thing as society, only individuals..." while selling off every British asset and privatising every industry proclaiming that "greed is good" That's one of the reasons we're in the mess we're in now. 

No surprise that both those lunatics ended up going completely loopy at the end of their lives as their fetid brains melted.

23 minutes ago, Kim said:

I can't answer that lol. Because I can't understand how anyone in their right mind would actively FIGHT against human beings receiving proper healthcare with the examples you provided. But I'll still circle back to my original point:

The hatred out there for democrats from Trump supporters is so white hot, they'll oppose anything, ANYTHING, because of who is proposing it or who passed it. They want Obamacare gone BECAUSE it was passed by Obama.  They may AGREE in universal healthcare, but they're so blind to ideology and to political parties, they don't want the other side to score any kind of 'win'. And they vehemently want to roll back EVERYTHING that was done under Obama.

Why? Because that's what's gonna MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.  

It was drilled into us as children that "there's no such thing as a free lunch." In retrospect, they were basically telling the poorer kids in school that they should be grateful to have the luxury of eating a slice of pizza and a carton of milk  everyday for free because it was costing the taxpayers. we were 6 years old, for heaven's sake :lmao: 

That's the funny thing. The US spends more per capita than Australia on both healthcare and education. The US spends massive amounts of money on forcing people to buy private health insurance and have students past grade 12 go into massive debt to pay for school. 

It's a broken and horribly corrupt system that makes absolutely no sense at all. 

Just awful.   It also astounds me that people don't seem to think that health care is a "right"  but are out campaigning for the right for anyone to own a gun.  I see these people on the news who are pro Trump and they are always pro guns too.  They are forever coming to Australia and lecturing us on having strict guns laws and supposedly having no "freedom"  To them, it is more important that someone has the right to own a gun than have healthcare :wacko:

3 hours ago, Kim said:

I'm amazed that some parts of the UK are standing back as the Tories sell off essential services to private American healthcare firms though. It's the first slippery step of privatisation and everything that gets privatised in Britain turns into a mismanaged money-pit that makes a profit for a few rich people and makes life difficult for everyone else.

People are so incredibly naive and stupid.  We have privatised essential services such as gas and electricity despite the warnings from everyone.  Now people are wondering why their bills are so high and elderly people on pensions are not using their heating in Winter due to the cost. .   Re healthcare, I don't think anyone would care try to get rid of Medicare.  It is something that people have to watch though as conservative governments who are only interested in the bottom line of money will try and sneakily erode public health services. 

19 hours ago, Hector said:

Typical Trumptard values :sour: 

Guy is all nervous with his hand shaking while holding the phone. Lol.  Another conservative pussy.  He looks like he sits around playing videogames all day.

Omg these monster guests on MSNBC and CNN today make me so angry saying that under "repeal don't replace" it doesn't matter that "just" 30 million people would instantly lose their healthcare!

"They don't need healthcare. They didn't have healthcare before Obamacare. They did fine without healthcare back then." :sour:

3 hours ago, Hector said:

Omg these monster guests on MSNBC and CNN today make me so angry saying that under "repeal don't replace" it doesn't matter that "just" 30 million people would instantly lose their healthcare!

"They don't need healthcare. They didn't have healthcare before Obamacare. They did fine without healthcare back then." :sour:

Just appalling.  Selfish, heartless people that have no compassion towards others.  How can anyone seriously say that people don't need healthcare.  It is truly disgusting and an absolute blight against the United States that they are talking like this.