Republicans trying to pass disgusting Trumpcare bill

Thank you John McCain.for doing the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am shocked.  The Maverick in him finally came out!!!  Maybe getting the care he needed while in the hospital opened his eyes and he thought I can't vote to take healthcare away from millions. 

1 hour ago, Skin said:

Thank you John McCain.for doing the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am shocked.  The Maverick in him finally came out!!!  Maybe getting the care he needed while in the hospital opened his eyes and he thought I can't vote to take healthcare away from millions. 

Why wasn't McCain in the run for republican candidate?

I have absolutely no doubt that McCain dragged himself out of his hospital bed and flew 2000 miles back to DC to do JUST this very thing. He was going to vote yes to debate it, then vote the motherfucker down when he had the chance. He knows his time here is limited and I feel he's going to use every last minute he has in his position to make Trumps presidency has miserable as he can.

What's Trump going to do? Attack a dying war hero who's served his country with honor his entire life? Of course we will. And the backlash will be spectacular. 

I think you're going to see John McCain become the de-facto leader of the Republican party during his last months on this planet. And while there's plenty I disagree with him on, I'd take McCain over that bloated, bigoted, narcissist, any day of the week.  

40 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I think you're going to see John McCain become the de-facto leader of the Republican party during his last months on this planet. And while there's plenty I disagree with him on, I'd take McCain over that bloated, bigoted, narcissist, any day of the week.  

I would take 4 more years of Bush over this sociopath lunatic.  And I hope you are right about McCain.  I would scratch my head in the past whenever he would side with the far right on certain issues.  I would think to myself you are up there in age.  You have had a long career.  Why not just go out being true to yourself at this point ?  Maybe with falling ill it finally sunk in.  I mean this is once a man who said of the religious right.....

"They are corrupting influences on religion and politics, and those who practice them in the name of religion or in the name of the Republican Party or in the name of America shame our faith, our party and our country.''

So it was kind of embarrassing watching him suck up to them when he ran again in 08 along with not speaking up enough against the conspiracy theories the loons were buying into on Obama because I really think the above quote is how he really feels.  In any case it amazes me that Trump got away with saying McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured.  Talk about spitting in the face of every POW from a draft dodger.  And yet these "Patriots" continue to lick Trump's taint.  Can you imagine if Obama said that while running in 08!?  Christ he would have been run out of the country.  Talk about white privilege.  Trump can get away acting like a lunatic and these people hold him to the highest regard.  Obama had to be a 100% true statesman and an adult 24/7 and it still wasn't enough for these people.  The right wing bashed him for putting mustard on his burger for Christ sake and tore one of the most intelligent First Ladies we ever had for posing for her White House portrait in a sleeveless dress.....Meanwhile they are totally fine with the most pointless First Lady ever having photos with her tits and snatch hanging out.

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

I have absolutely no doubt that McCain dragged himself out of his hospital bed and flew 2000 miles back to DC to do JUST this very thing. He was going to vote yes to debate it, then vote the motherfucker down when he had the chance. He knows his time here is limited and I feel he's going to use every last minute he has in his position to make Trumps presidency has miserable as he can.

What's Trump going to do? Attack a dying war hero who's served his country with honor his entire life? Of course we will. And the backlash will be spectacular. 

Spot on. Ruthless beautiful karma at its best. A moment McCain probably strategically, patiently and brilliantly planned all along! Cock teased Trump earlier in the week to vote to 'proceed' only to to stick a huge blade (karma) at the perfect and worst time into all that orange useless shit! This was a BAD f'king defeat lmao 

Yet..almost no doubt (even with this massive defeat, shading Sessions which is actually BIGGER deal to his insane sheep) his MAGA kkk imbeciles will still not budge! This week alone should put this skunk into the lower 30s to be generous. Absolutely still disturbingly amazed (yet not that shocked anymore) almost FOUR in 10 Americans still approve of this endless stream of shit of an administration. ALL comes down to a personal primitive connection, personality, celeb etc...Even when (not if) he sucks all those idiots dry on his way down. 

McConnell lashes out at GOP defectors, Democrats in aftermath of 'disappointing' health care vote

Christopher Wilson

Yahoo News July 28, 2017

An angry Sen. Mitch McConnell rebuked Democrats and Republicans who voted against the GOP health care plan early Friday morning.

“This is clearly a disappointing moment,” said the Senate Majority Leader after a vote on the Republicans’ “skinny repeal” of Obamacare fell 49-51.

In a speech that began at 1:39 a.m. ET, McConnell stated that Republicans had run on repealing Obamacare for seven years. “We told our constituents we would vote that way,” said McConnell, “and when the moment came, most of us did.”

McConnell glanced in the direction of Senators Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, and John McCain, R-Ariz., when he said “most of us.” Murkowski and McCain joined Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, as the three GOP senators whose “no” votes submarined the bill, which was opposed by all 48 members of the Democratic caucus.

McConnell then turned his attention to those 48 Democrats in the chamber.

“Our friends on the other side decided early on that they didn’t want to engage with us in a serious way to help those suffering under Obamacare,” said McConnell of a bill that was subject to no committee hearings and released at 10 p.m. Thursday night, just two hours prior to the vote.

“So they are probably pretty satisfied tonight,” said McConnell of his Democratic colleagues. “I regret to say they succeeded.”

McConnell blasted the Democrats for obstruction and slowing things down in the Senate, adding that he was “interested” to see what ideas they had for moving forward on health care. The majority leader lashed out at the concept of a single-payer system that would provide government health care for all Americans, decrying it as “government takeover of everything” and “European health care.” McConnell was seemingly attempting to get ahead of an issue that many are suggesting the Democrats should make a key plank of their future campaign platforms.

The result was a surprise to observers who assumed McConnell would not have called the vote unless he knew it would pass, presumably with a tie-breaking vote by Vice President Pence. Some Republicans voted in favor of the bill only after seeking assurances from the House that it wouldn’t become law. Speaker Paul Ryan had to personally promise at least four GOP senators that he wouldn’t allow the bill to become law without going to House-Senate conference to make additional changes. A Congressional Budget Office score of the “skinny repeal” bill projected it would have resulted in an additional 16 million uninsured Americans by 2026 and raised premiums 20 percent.

This was the third Obamacare replacement bill voted down in the Senate this week, following the Better Care Reconciliation Act (which would have repealed and replaced Obamacare) Tuesday and a bill that would have fully repealed Obamacare without a set replacement plan Wednesday.

At the conclusion of his speech, McConnell suffered one final indignity when his motion to get unanimous consent to move forward on a military funding bill was derailed by an objection from Sen. Rand Paul, his Republican colleague from Kentucky.

4 hours ago, LSD said:

:crazy:

Is this fucker for real?  Christ.  To paraphrase Trump himself....Maybe there is something someone who is part of the NRA can do to stop this insanity.....

• 2 weeks later...