Republicans trying to pass disgusting Trumpcare bill

Oh brother, they're trying to introduce another Trumpcare bill which even worse than the 1st bill that flopped! It punishes the sick and the elderly even more, and rewards the insurance industry with more profit$! This is what the far right calls fixing the health care system! :banghead: 

To think that some low earning people voted for this millionaire who has never suffered in his life to look after their interests.  As if he would ever care about the sick and the elderly.  

To think that some low earning people voted for this millionaire who has never suffered in his life to look after their interests.  As if he would ever care about the sick and the elderly.  

That's a big problem with American politic (well, not just America in fact. In a lot of place). Only rich people can become politicians. It means the 5% richer rules the planet with their point of view and biased ideologies. 

Why don't they just say what they really want to do to anybody whose income is below upper class. "If you ever get sick, we don't care. Pay it all by yourself out of pocket or just drop DEAD!"

This is very alarming and concerning for many reasons. It can not pass into law the way it is

it really needs a lot of revisions otherwise the US healthcare system will be even more screwed up than it was

Such a repulsive, regressive f'king site from the stone age- EVERY one is basically an arrogant, heartless, slimy, corrupt older white man smirking/ giggling away. Really really hope they ALL get nuked in 2018 then see the 'look' on those ratty dick head faces :D Yet once again another FAKE outcome/ 'passed bill' that only got through by the most razor thin margin simply and only simply due to optics of a 'victory' lmao which Trump OCDs about. Last thing he or any of them give 2 shits about is what's even in the bill or who it destroys. 3.5 years is better than 4 but I want this atrocious nightmare to be over already. At the min. the Dems better start hyping up some kind of Obama 2004/05-esque rock star asap! They ain't doing shit to take advantage of how pissed people are. 

4 hours ago, Hector said:

Why don't they just say what they really want to do to anybody whose income is below upper class. "If you ever get sick, we don't care. Pay it all by yourself out of pocket or just drop DEAD!"

They are disgusting.  What a heartless, arrogant, cesspool of revolting smirking men.  Wealthy people who could not care less about anyone else bar themselves. 

22 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Such a repulsive, regressive f'king site from the stone age- EVERY one is basically an arrogant, heartless, slimy, corrupt older white man smirking. 

Had the same reaction.   They are selfish and uncaring to the core. 

Great article from Eric Zorn that completely demonstrates the selfish thinking of too many.  Joe Walsh - what a dreadful heartless excuse for a human being.  

Former Congressman Joe Walsh was acting very presidential Tuesday afternoon.

By which I mean he was impulsively tweeting venomous, half-baked thoughts — in this case his reaction to late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel's monologue Monday about his newborn son's dramatic battle for life at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.

"Sorry Jimmy Kimmel," wrote the feisty Republican who represented the northwest suburban 8th U.S. Congressional District from 2011 to 2013. "Your sad story doesn't obligate me or anybody else to pay for somebody else's health care."

Many found this outrageous. I merely found it illustrative.

Kimmel opened his nightly ABC talk show with an often-tearful, 13-minute retelling of the frightening days after son Billy's birth April 21 when a surgeon saved the boy's life by performing emergency surgery to repair a defect in his heart.

Toward the end Kimmel said, "Before 2014, if you were born with congenital heart disease like my son was, there was a good chance you'd never be able to get health insurance because you had a pre-existing condition. You were born with a pre-existing condition. And if your parents didn't have medical insurance, you might not live long enough to even get denied because of a pre-existing condition.

"If your baby is going to die and it doesn't have to, it shouldn't matter how much money you make," he said. "I think that's something that, whether you're a Republican, or a Democrat or something else, we all agree on that, right?"

Well, no. Wrong.

I understand Kimmel's desire not to sully his powerful tale with partisanship, but the central difference of opinion in this major battle over insurance coverage is partisan. Democrats generally believe that access to consistent, affordable, quality health care is a right. Republicans generally believe that it is a privilege properly enjoyed by those with the means to afford it, like access to quality restaurants.

"Let's stop with the nonsense," Kimmel pleaded. "This isn't football. There are no teams. We are the team. It is the United States. Don't let their partisan squabbles divide us on something every decent person wants. No parent should ever have to decide if they can afford to save their child's life."

Walsh, 55, who has a nationally syndicated daily program that originates from Chicago conservative talk station WIND AM-560, helpfully jumped online to clarify.

To paraphrase: Life is about choices. And if you choose not to have enough money or a job that provides your children with urgently needed care, it's not my problem. It's your sick baby's problem. Good luck with that.

"My money was earned by me and should be kept by my family and I (sic)," Walsh tweeted a half-hour later. Then, the next morning, as he was being roasted on social and conventional media coast to coast (and mocked for earlier troubles when he fell behind in his child support payments), he added, "It's not compassion to forcibly take the money I make & give it to someone else. It is compassion for me to voluntarily help someone else."

The callousness of these remarks was echoed by Rep. Robert Pittenger, R-N.C., who told reporters Tuesday that, hey, if people with pre-existing medical conditions happen to live in a state that waives their protections under the GOP health care bill if it is enacted, they can always move to another state. The proposal "brings choice back to the American people," he said.

And it was in sync with remarks Monday on CNN by Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., that healthy "people who lead good lives … who've done things the right way … are seeing their costs skyrocketing" because of the existing requirement that we all chip in to pay for those with pre-existing conditions. "People who have higher health care costs (should) contribute more to the insurance pool," he said.

Look. We're all born with a terminal condition. Few of us face the fact as early as Billy Kimmel, but something's going to get us in the end. Luck will play a huge role in what ailments and injuries we have to fight along the way and how expensive those fights are going to be. Luck will also play a role in how able we'll be to cover those bills.

True compassion demands that we minimize the role of luck in access to necessary health care, not layer on hope for charity and pity.

Expand Kimmel's idea that "no parent should ever have to decide if they can afford to save their child's life" to include spouses, parents, siblings and selves.

That's what Democrats are fighting for.

And they owe Joe Walsh thanks for so clearly illustrating what they're fighting against.

No one likes this bill. Not even republicans. What's so disgusting is that the only reason they shot this thru the House was to project a WIN to their brainless supporters. 

I hope Dems capitalize on their smug faces in that photo op and their little frat boy keg party they thru after it was passed. 

Despicable. 

NOW of course would be the time for gathering and marching en masse, about a real, tangible disgusting policy that this lot couldn't then say "what are they even demonstrating about?" But I guess that "womens march" was it, eh?

The new-normal indeed.

Well, a number of marches have been happening for various things over the last few months (women's march, science/climate change, etc.). Maybe some of the groups are organizing marches on this issue coming up...don't know, but I hope so. I'm betting some are.

HRC was out marching in front of congress the day of though.

I love Bernie Sanders.  Some of his tweets. 

Yes, Mr. Trump, the Australian health care system is a lot better than ours and infinitely better than the disastrous bill you supported.

Thank you Mr. Trump for admitting that universal health care is the better way to go. I'll be sure to quote you on the floor of the Senate.

On 2017-5-6 at 3:56 AM, Kim said:

NOW of course would be the time for gathering and marching en masse, about a real, tangible disgusting policy that this lot couldn't then say "what are they even demonstrating about?" But I guess that "womens march" was it, eh?

The new-normal indeed.

Definitely.  This is a policy change that will effect millions of Americans in a terrible and unfair way.  They need to protest as loudly as possible. Start concentrating on the evidence of what he is doing.  Go with the concrete facts that are out there.   

8 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Definitely.  This is a policy change that will effect millions of Americans in a terrible and unfair way.  They need to protest as loudly as possible. Start concentrating on the evidence of what he is doing.  Go with the concrete facts that are out there.   

Oh but they won't.

The mindless serpents that Trump has gaslighted will never abandon him. And they're the ones who need healthcare the most. He's got 35-40% of this country locked up behind him. 

The health system is incredibly unfair in the USA and they should have prostested DECADES ago. During THE KENNEDY DAYS.  The European system was built during the 50s and 60s. It's a question of giving dignity to every citizen, simply because we are all human beings. And if we could, the USA could have done it too. We started building the system during the Marshal plan (50s) or even during dictatures (Spain, where there was no Marshal plan). The USA got incredibly rich during the 60s, but I guess all money was spent in the army, during the cold war, or sending the man to the Moon or whatever. But there was money. 

And now there is money to give a universal treatment to everyone. If a country like Spain, where we are going through such difficult moments with unemployment and crisis nowadays, still any illegal immigrant who collapses and is taken to a hospital would have brain surgery if he had a tumour, then USA can.