Republicans trying to pass disgusting Trumpcare bill

7 hours ago, Hector said:

“Just like Jesus said, ‘The poor will always be with us,’” Marshall said. “There is a group of people that just don’t want health care and aren’t going to take care of themselves.”

Asked to elaborate on his response, the 56-year-old congressman claimed that poor and homeless people are “morally, spiritually” and “socially” opposed to obtaining health care.

“The Medicaid population, which is (on) a free credit card as a group, do probably the least preventive medicine and taking care of themselves and eating healthy and exercising. And I’m not judging; I’m just saying socially that’s where they are,” Marshall continued. “So there’s a group of people that even with unlimited access to health care are only going to use the emergency room when their arm is chopped off or when their pneumonia is so bad they get brought (to) the ER.”

Local Medicaid advocates blasted Marshall as clueless and disrespectful.

“The folks that are on Medicaid, they’re people with significant disabilities, children and pregnant women and older Kansans who all want health care, and the state has a basic consensus that they deserve it, that they have that right,” Sean Gatewood, an administrator at the KanCare Advocates Network, told the Kansas City Star. “I can’t understand how a physician would not already have a fundamental understanding of that issue, but it doesn’t feel like he does.”

Marshall, who worked as a doctor up until this past December, said he regretted trying to squeeze several issues into a “singular response.”

“When I said ‘The poor will always be with us,’ it was actually in the context of supporting the obligation we have to always take care of people, but we cannot completely craft a larger, affordable health care policy around a comparatively small segment of the population who will get care no matter what,” the congressman said in a statement. “While I don’t perfectly rehearse talking points, my agenda is driven by two realities: That Obamacare has been detrimental to patients and that we must care for all in need, no matter what.”

While the Affordable Care Act has been harshly criticized by Republicans, the historic health care law significantly expanded coverage across the country. Contrastingly, experts fear millions of Americans could lose coverage if Obamacare is completely repealed.

A heated dispute erupted among congressional Republicans after GOP leaders introduced their first tangible Obamacare replacement on Monday.

Right-wing Republicans charge that the plan amounts to just another entitlement program, while moderates, and the Trump administration, have defended it as a necessary step in the right direction. Democrats, meanwhile, claim the replacement plan will put millions of Americans at risk of losing their current coverage.

Marshall wasn’t the only Republican to walk back comments on health care this week.

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz had critics enraged when he said that low-income Americans should stop spending money on cellphones and invest in health care instead.

“Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice,” Chaffetz said on CNN Tuesday. “And so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care.”

Later Tuesday, Chaffetz made a quasi-apology for the remarks after it became known that his campaign committee had spent more than $12,000 on phone charges since late 2014.

“Maybe I didn’t say it as smoothly as I possibly could, but people need to make a conscious choice,” he told Fox News.

Did this cunt just quote JESUS? 

Just PURGE 'em all ...all the poor and the sick..,,and get it over with. 

The-purge.jpg

Only in America. When will people wake up? All this talk about the market will regulate itself and competition will lower the price. Utter nonsense. If this was the case, then why is healthcare in the capitalistic system of the US so much more expensive than in all other countries that have so called socialized healthcare? Because the rules of the market do not apply to healthcare. People cannot choose when it comes to health. You do not decide to get sick! Healthcare is something you need to have. This is not about about the second or third TV you buy, or if you decide to buy a "better" car. Things you can make an active decision about. Often run by emotions. Often things you don't even need. There is a competitive market. Producers know that people actually don't need certain things or that there are so many competitors on the market. There is a real need to be better or cheaper. But healthcare? What do insurers or hospitals do? Nothing. The don't really need to. They have a product everybody needs. In the US they are out to make money. Period. The US healthcare system is perverse. As Jazzy correctly said, healthcare and education should be a right to everyone. For the interest of the country and the society as a whole.

No this isn't from a The Onion! I'm so embarrassed to live in a country with tens of millions of stupid delusional Trump sheep like this! :electropop:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-supporter-credits-trumpcare-which-hasnt-taken-effect-for-dramatically-lower-health-costs/

Trump supporter credits Trumpcare — which hasn’t taken effect — for dramatically lower health costs

TRAVIS GETTYS
17 MAR 2017 AT 07:48 ET               

10nrpyf.png

Tennessee woman who backs President Donald Trump credits God and the Republican health care bill — which hasn’t been voted into law — for her family’s dramatically lower insurance costs.

Charla McComic’s son recently lost his job, and his health-insurance premium dropped from $567 per month to $88, which she described as “a blessing from God” and a gift from the new president, reported the Washington Post.

The 52-year-old former first-grade teacher thinks the change is due to tax credits that would be offered under the so-called “Trumpcare” law, if and when it’s approved by Congress and signed into law — but the price drop is actually a feature of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

Workers who lose their jobs and employer-based health care coverage may enroll in Obamacare, which offers coverage based on income or possibly Medicaid for those with little or no income — like McComic’s son.

McComic, who attended Trump’s rally this week in Nashville with four family members, told the Post she’s not worried that her 33-year-old son or 3-year-old granddaughter will lose their Medicaid coverage under the GOP plan.

“So far, everything’s been positive, from what I can tell,” she told the newspaper. “I just hope that more and more people and children get covered under this new health-care plan.”

McComic, who campaigned for Trump with some relatives by forming a motorcade and driving through their hometown shouting his name, said she’s never trusted a president as much as the real estate developer and former reality TV star.

“We said: ‘Who else would we do this for, besides Trump?’” McComic said. “We agreed on the Lord. We would stand here for the Lord, but that’s about it.”

On 18/03/2017 at 1:20 PM, Hector said:

No this isn't from a The Onion! I'm so embarrassed to live in a country with tens of millions of stupid delusional Trump sheep like this! :electropop:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-supporter-credits-trumpcare-which-hasnt-taken-effect-for-dramatically-lower-health-costs/

Trump supporter credits Trumpcare — which hasn’t taken effect — for dramatically lower health costs

TRAVIS GETTYS
17 MAR 2017 AT 07:48 ET               

10nrpyf.png

Tennessee woman who backs President Donald Trump credits God and the Republican health care bill — which hasn’t been voted into law — for her family’s dramatically lower insurance costs.

Charla McComic’s son recently lost his job, and his health-insurance premium dropped from $567 per month to $88, which she described as “a blessing from God” and a gift from the new president, reported the Washington Post.

The 52-year-old former first-grade teacher thinks the change is due to tax credits that would be offered under the so-called “Trumpcare” law, if and when it’s approved by Congress and signed into law — but the price drop is actually a feature of former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

Workers who lose their jobs and employer-based health care coverage may enroll in Obamacare, which offers coverage based on income or possibly Medicaid for those with little or no income — like McComic’s son.

McComic, who attended Trump’s rally this week in Nashville with four family members, told the Post she’s not worried that her 33-year-old son or 3-year-old granddaughter will lose their Medicaid coverage under the GOP plan.

“So far, everything’s been positive, from what I can tell,” she told the newspaper. “I just hope that more and more people and children get covered under this new health-care plan.”

McComic, who campaigned for Trump with some relatives by forming a motorcade and driving through their hometown shouting his name, said she’s never trusted a president as much as the real estate developer and former reality TV star.

“We said: ‘Who else would we do this for, besides Trump?’” McComic said. “We agreed on the Lord. We would stand here for the Lord, but that’s about it.”

Former first grade teacher?! SMH :blink:

This President is such a failure.  They said Trump is over the healthcare thing and wants to move onto something else.  The man who said he was going to win so much as President.  The master negotiator who could get things done. LMFAO!                                                                                                                                    

"Nobody knows Healthcare more than me. Nobody. Believe me!"

- Donald J. Trump

Image result for hysterical laughing gif

LMFAO 'so much winning you're gonna get SICK of it' Well...big fat orange snake oil can salesman has been doing nuttin' but LOSING (*Healthcare, immigration bans etc etc..) Basically his KEY 'promises'/cons to his imbecile toothless BO ridden base. Now onto the *confirmation of Russian collusion and that'll be the final harpoon for this beast and his bigot racist minions. 

I hope the term 'loser' is thrown around like candy at this son of a bitch. Because that's what he is, a fucking loser. These assholes control every single lever of government, have been SCREAMING about repealing this for 8 years, and the HOUSE actually HAS attempted to do so like 25 times. Yet, they can't do it. Why? Because they're scared as hell about taking healthcare away from millions of Americans. They just wanted to repeal Obamacare because of Obama. SAD!

What a sore loser he is. And an irresponsible prick. He still has not understood what his job is about and that he is supposed to be the President of all Americans. Yet again he is putting the blame on everyone else but himself. And saying that Obamacare will explode and that he will let it explode? How cynical of him. Someone of CNN said it right, that's like a fire chief standing before a burning house and and telling the people "Let it burn down". And Trump a great negotiator who gets things done? Yeah right.

I miss all the Trump voters around here, they used to be so vocal, now they all disappeared. Would be curious to see what are their arguments to defend him. They must be so proud of themselves. 

The failure to replace OBAMACARE has revealed something about congress and the loyalty of individual members. If I was Donald I'd be worried rn. He couldn't even get a number of members of his own caucus to support his bill. Hopefully this trend continues.

First major stumble that makes me wonder whether the first all-Republican government in a decade is capable of governing. 

• 1 month later...

Oh brother, they're trying to introduce another Trumpcare bill which is even worse than the 1st bill that flopped! It punishes the sick and the elderly even more, and rewards the insurance industry with more profit$! This is what the far right calls fixing the health care system! :banghead: 

Oh brother, they're trying to introduce another Trumpcare bill which even worse than the 1st bill that flopped! It punishes the sick and the elderly even more, and rewards the insurance industry with more profit$! This is what the far right calls fixing the health care system! :banghead: 

Which really seems to mean killing off as many unwanted and/or unneeded parts of the population as they can.

Irony being they're killing off a large chunk of their voting base.