Republicans trying to pass disgusting Trumpcare bill

This replacement plan is a joke! What are the millions of the Trump fanboys with AFA in the Rust Belt going to say when they lose their coverage? Trump promised repeatedly that nobody would lose coverage and that premiums would decrease! And that everybody would have healthcare! All of these deluded fools who voted for that clinically insane shyster will learn the hard way! 

lmaoo at all the white trash rust belt folk who voted for this pancake makeup clown lying troll who will STILL insist as theyre in f'king ICU and getting 0 assistance like they wouldve previously 'BUT HE GOINA MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...OKAY'!  

This is going to turn into a nightmare for the republican party.  The midterms cant come fast enough. 

The only thing that worries me is that from what I heard the dems have ALOT more seats to win or defend to take back congress compared to republicans this election cycle?   Not up on all that stuff. 

The one thing I will say is that I find it funny as hell that many Trump voters who are on Obamacare had no clue that's what they are on.  Many of them said they were safe if Trump gets rid of it because they are on The Affordable Care Act. :lmao::lmao:  Fucking morons. 

27 minutes ago, Hector said:

A poll from a few weeks ago :lmao:

Poll: 1 in 3 Don't Know ObamaCare & Affordable Care Act Are the Same: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/07/poll-1-3-americans-doesnt-know-obamacare-affordable-care-act-are-same-thing

So embarrassing how uniformed people are.  And YES it is on both sides sadly.  

I always say though by and large people on the left want their base to be informed as possible.  I am ashamed when I see left leaning people buying into conspiracy theory shit or things not based in reality because I believe it is a detriment to our cause.  There was this liberal page on Facebook that I followed and stopped because the person running it kept posting nonsense and I was tired of telling the person to stop being like the right in peddling bullshit.   

Not on the right though.  Their mouthpieces don't care how absurd something is.  They will repeat it and stick to it until it becomes gospel to their sheep. 

9 hours ago, XXL said:

e8eb22cea1100079ec34bbb81effe488.jpg

It's like watching someone slowly die. America is well and truly fucked.

13 hours ago, Skin said:

The one thing I will say is that I find it funny as hell that many Trump voters who are on Obamacare had no clue that's what they are on.  Many of them said they were safe if Trump gets rid of it because they are on The Affordable Care Act. :lmao::lmao:  Fucking morons. 

:crazy: :lol2:

7 hours ago, MadFan said:

It's like watching someone slowly die. America is well and truly fucked.

I don't know.  I think like Madonna said in a perverse way this could be the best thing to happen because many are now woken the fuck up.

Millions Risk Losing Health Insurance in Republican Plan, Analysts Say

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/health/risk-of-losing-health-insurance-in-republican-plan.html?_r=0

I truly hope everything works out for the people in this article but what in the ever living FUCK were these people thinking??? What indication did Trump ever give during his campaign that he was going to SAVE or better affordable healthcare?? All he ever talked about was overturning Obama care and gave no alternative yet these people thought their lives were going to be saved by this man?? I mean did they know ANYTHING about him other than he's not Hillary and he's Republican?? I just don't understand how people so reliant on Obamacare/ACA interpreted Trump's message as being "for them". 

Going forward, there needs to be a "pre-test" to determine if you're KNOWLEDGEABLE enough to vote......this shit is fucking ridiculous! 

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Going forward, there needs to be a "pre-test" to determine if you're KNOWLEDGEABLE enough to vote......this shit is fucking ridiculous! 

Good idea. Should be applied everyfuckingwhere, not just in the U.S.

It's always ignorance that fucks things up for everyone.

Buyer's remorse? :doh:

https://gma.yahoo.com/55-old-first-time-voter-chose-trump-protests-195504408.html?soc_src=copy

55-year-old first-time voter who chose Trump protests large increase in health costs

ABC News By GILLIAN MOHNEY 17 hours ago

16hjas9.jpg

After voting for the first time at the age of 55, for Donald Trump, Martha Brawley is worried that the main issue that brought her to the polls, health insurance coverage, is going to become worse.

Brawley, a resident of Monroe, North Carolina, said she fears the new Republican health insurance bill will significantly raise her premiums.

"I'm 55. This is the first time in my life I voted, and I voted for Trump hoping that he would change the insurance so I could get good health care," she told ABC News. "I might as well have not voted."

She first spoke to The New York Times about her concern that she would receive thousands of dollars less in assistance, as tax credits, to help her buy health care coverage under the proposed American Health Care Act (AHCA), dubbed "Trumpcare."

Brawley reportedly receives approximately $8,688 in health care subsidies per year to pay for insurance, but under the proposed bill, she would receive $3,500 a year in tax credits, according to the Times.

AARP, a group that advocates for senior citizens and other older Americans, shares her concern. The organization sent a letter to Congress yesterday saying the proposed bill would "dramatically increase health care costs for Americans aged 50-64."

Many seniors could face a significant increase in health care premiums, since insurance companies will be allowed to charge seniors five times as much as for younger people for a comparable plan. Under the current Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurers are limited to charging three times as much. The tax credits proposed in the AHCA, which would be dispensed mainly on the basis of age and income, would be smaller for older Americans compared with under the ACA, making insurance even more expensive for them.

"Taken together, premiums for older adults could increase by as much as $3,600 for a 55-year-old earning $25,000 a year, $7,000 for a 64-year-old earning $25,000 a year and up to $8,400 for a 64-year-old earning $15,000 a year," AARP said in its letter. The group said a typical senior seeking insurance on a state exchange has an annual income under $25,000.

David Certner, the legislative counsel and legislative policy director for government affairs at AARP, said the plan will "stunningly raise" premiums for older Americans.

"This is a national problem, in terms of the fact that the older and lower income you are, the bigger the premium hike," he told ABC News.

On "Good Morning America," Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price said, "Our goal is to make certain costs come down."

In response to Brawley's complaints about possible cost increases for her insurance, Price raised the issue of choice.

"We want to make sure she is able to select the physician and treatment that she wants," he said.

When pressed about whether he could guarantee coverage for Brawley, Price cited other aspects of the proposal, including state grants, and said, "You can't pick out one individual and say that individual isn't going to be able to get coverage. Right now people are losing coverage. We have a plan that will allow individuals to pick the coverage that they want and ... the physician and treatment model that they want."

Brawley said she isn't convinced lawmakers understand her challenges and she is waiting to see what happens.

"All these people who talk in politics have insurance. People like me don't," she told ABC News. "They can talk big, and all we can do is step back and hope for the best. We are at their mercy."

ABC News' Brandon Bodow contributed to this report.

Why did anyone believe a billionaire who has always shown off his wealth in the most ostentatious way,  would want to understand and look after the working class.   He just uses people for his own means and jumps on whatever band-wagon he can to gain popularity.  Then shows what he is and kicks them in the teeth. 

7 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Why did anyone believe a billionaire who has always shown off his wealth in the most ostentatious way,  would want to understand and look after the working class.   He just uses people for his own means and jumps on whatever band-wagon he can to gain popularity.  Then shows what he is and kicks them in the teeth. 

:banghead::banghead:

SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!! It's dumbfounding! I want to know what the moment was when they decided they are definitely voting for this man. What did he say or do in that moment? lol

People can say what they will about Hillary but she's dedicated herself to public service in some form or another for her entire adult life. There's something to be said about that, it shows strong character. How on earth could anyone working class would think a self serving, D-list celebrity, billionaire, with no political experience, born with a silver spoon in his mouth would care or even be capable of understanding their plights? I don't think I'll ever understand this. 

:bad:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gop-congressman-claims-poor-don-health-care-article-1.2993939

GOP congressman claims the poor 'just don't want health care'

BY  CHRIS SOMMERFELDT 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Friday, March 10, 2017, 4:21 AM

s2unig.jpg

Marshall claimed poor people "just don't want health care." (JOHN HANNA/AP)

A first-term Republican congressman from Kansas had Medicaid advocates seeing red after he asserted that poor people won’t get off the low-income care provision because they “just don’t want health care and aren’t going to take care of themselves.”

Rep. Roger Marshall, a former obstetrician and a member of the GOP Doctors Caucus, has taken on a leading role in drawing up a conservative replacement plan for the Affordable Care Act. During an interview with health care-focused website STAT last week, Marshall fielded questions about Medicaid — one of the major low-income health care provisions expanded under Obamacare.

“Just like Jesus said, ‘The poor will always be with us,’” Marshall said. “There is a group of people that just don’t want health care and aren’t going to take care of themselves.”

Asked to elaborate on his response, the 56-year-old congressman claimed that poor and homeless people are “morally, spiritually” and “socially” opposed to obtaining health care.

“The Medicaid population, which is (on) a free credit card as a group, do probably the least preventive medicine and taking care of themselves and eating healthy and exercising. And I’m not judging; I’m just saying socially that’s where they are,” Marshall continued. “So there’s a group of people that even with unlimited access to health care are only going to use the emergency room when their arm is chopped off or when their pneumonia is so bad they get brought (to) the ER.”

Local Medicaid advocates blasted Marshall as clueless and disrespectful.

“The folks that are on Medicaid, they’re people with significant disabilities, children and pregnant women and older Kansans who all want health care, and the state has a basic consensus that they deserve it, that they have that right,” Sean Gatewood, an administrator at the KanCare Advocates Network, told the Kansas City Star. “I can’t understand how a physician would not already have a fundamental understanding of that issue, but it doesn’t feel like he does.”

Marshall, who worked as a doctor up until this past December, said he regretted trying to squeeze several issues into a “singular response.”

“When I said ‘The poor will always be with us,’ it was actually in the context of supporting the obligation we have to always take care of people, but we cannot completely craft a larger, affordable health care policy around a comparatively small segment of the population who will get care no matter what,” the congressman said in a statement. “While I don’t perfectly rehearse talking points, my agenda is driven by two realities: That Obamacare has been detrimental to patients and that we must care for all in need, no matter what.”

While the Affordable Care Act has been harshly criticized by Republicans, the historic health care law significantly expanded coverage across the country. Contrastingly, experts fear millions of Americans could lose coverage if Obamacare is completely repealed.

A heated dispute erupted among congressional Republicans after GOP leaders introduced their first tangible Obamacare replacement on Monday.

Right-wing Republicans charge that the plan amounts to just another entitlement program, while moderates, and the Trump administration, have defended it as a necessary step in the right direction. Democrats, meanwhile, claim the replacement plan will put millions of Americans at risk of losing their current coverage.

Marshall wasn’t the only Republican to walk back comments on health care this week.

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz had critics enraged when he said that low-income Americans should stop spending money on cellphones and invest in health care instead.

“Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice,” Chaffetz said on CNN Tuesday. “And so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care.”

Later Tuesday, Chaffetz made a quasi-apology for the remarks after it became known that his campaign committee had spent more than $12,000 on phone charges since late 2014.

“Maybe I didn’t say it as smoothly as I possibly could, but people need to make a conscious choice,” he told Fox News.

^  What rot and absolute arrogance.  Some attitudes towards health care is astounding and reeks of snobbery and selfish cruelty.  Health and education should be a right for everyone - rich and poor.  If people want the very best, they can then pay more for it if they so wish to. It is not the same as buying fancy gadgets or designer handbags etc. Poor people on low wages should not be made to feel like a burden if they find paying health insurance out of their reach.