UK Parliament Terror Attack

mnino

5 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

So? What's being Muslim got to do with anything? If some freak cult person goes on a death rant would you say oh yeah but he was a Christian? 

Dont discriminate or stereotype. That very dangerous way of thinking is spreading like a virus these days. We have to fight it.

There is a problem with MAINSTREAM islam, the one sponsored by Saudi Arabia: wahhabism, salafism that is overtaking Europe. Thats not a cult, its basically the "core" sunni version coming directly from the "holy" lands. You either want to see it or not. Of course there are moderate muslims, but the mainstream version is radical.

25 minutes ago, elijah said:

There is a problem with MAINSTREAM islam, the one sponsored by Saudi Arabia: wahhabism, salafism that is overtaking Europe. Thats not a cult, its basically the "core" sunni version coming directly from the "holy" lands. You either want to see it or not. Of course there are moderate muslims, but the mainstream version is radical.

Well many muslims suffer from the oppression of radical Islam too.  They are killed,  battered,  can't live as they want... 

Maybe we should blame those who SPONSOR AND ARM AND SUPPORT those countries?  CHRISTIAN governments. 

58 minutes ago, elijah said:

Yes they might have sympathisers and such. Still doesn't mean every Muslim is happy. They're being slaughtered because of terrorism as well. You're talking about a murderous cult whose members have little to do with religion. There are a lot of politics involved. It's certainly used in the West to confuse people; to lead them into fear and hate. It should never be about what the're doing but how we react to it. Don't be full of rage but be full of hope. Madonna knows best. Lol

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes they might have sympathisers and such. Still doesn't mean every Muslim is happy. They're being slaughtered because of terrorism as well. You're talking about a murderous cult whose members have little to do with religion. There are a lot of politics involved. It's certainly used in the West to confuse people; to lead them into fear and hate. It should never be about what the're doing but how we react to it. Don't be full of rage but be full of hope. Madonna knows best. Lol

I m not full of rage, rather I m realistic. And really I think the so called "host countries" have a blame too: for not integrating the muslims. But maybe mainstream islam prevents that 2. I know there are muslims unhappy with current state of islam but I feel most muslim see the West as an opposition and maybe unconsciously want it to crumble down. Just my 2 cents.

45 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well many muslims suffer from the oppression of radical Islam too.  They are killed,  battered,  can't live as they want... 

Maybe we should blame those who SPONSOR AND ARM AND SUPPORT those countries?  CHRISTIAN governments. 

Strange how we dont have radical christianity or radical buddhism or radical shintoism etc. One has to wonder why its so fruitful for muslims to radicalize? Maybe its not a religion of peace in the end.

Just now, elijah said:

I m not full of rage, rather I m realistic. And really I think the so called "host countries" have a blame too: for not integrating the muslims. But maybe mainstream islam prevents that 2. I know there are muslims unhappy with current state of islam but I feel most muslim see the West as an opposition and maybe unconsciously want it to crumble down. Just my 2 cents.

But if that so what good would that be to the Muslims living in the West and aren't they the ones we supposedly have a problem with because they came to our countries? It simply doesn't make sense. It might be a possibility for Muslims living in Muslim countries but even so why are they getting targeted by these crazy men as well? I think all good Muslims condemn terrorism regardless of where it comes from.  And trust me there are a lot of good Muslims. 

37 minutes ago, elijah said:

Strange how we dont have radical christianity or radical buddhism or radical shintoism etc. One has to wonder why its so fruitful for muslims to radicalize? Maybe its not a religion of peace in the end.

We used to have radical Catholicism and Christianity in our history though. The Middle Ages and also the Crusades proved that. Buddhism is not conceived as a religion but more a way of living. It's radical in its own belief. True Christianity has never been radical anyway. And this ISIS is not about Islam. They take pieces and phrases from the Quran and they use it to spread hate, intolerance and division. Same thing as certain so called Christian groups are good at doing by the way.

2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

But if that so what good would that be to the Muslims living in the West and aren't they the ones we supposedly have a problem with because they came to our countries? It simply doesn't make sense. It might be a possibility for Muslims living in Muslim countries but even so why are they getting targeted by these crazy men as well? I think all good Muslims condemn terrorism regardless of where it comes from.  And trust me there are a lot of good Muslims. 

One has to question that if he sees that the most European muslim do this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-fans-boo-minutes-silence-for-paris-victims-but-it-was-not-a-mark-of-disrespect-claim-a6738741.html

I have seen a lot of videos of muslims living in the West that want to so to speak "take it from within" by establishing Sharia law when they are majority: 

Just now, MeakMaker said:

We used to have radical Catholicism and Christianity in our history though. The Middle Ages and also the Crusades proved that. Buddhism is not conceived as a religion but more a way of living. It's radical in its own belief. True Christianity has never been radical anyway. And this ISI is not about Islam. They take pieces and phrases from the Quran and they use it to spread hate, intolerance and division. Same thing as certain so called Christian groups are good at doing by the way.

Yeap some 500 years ago. What does this tells u?

12 hours ago, elijah said:

Yes we progressed because Christianity paved the way to move forward as human beings. We nolonger believed in a God who oppresses us but more in a God of hope, of love. The New Testament and more effectively the Gospels were all about that. And once again you're making the assumption that these people live a certain way because of their religion. There are also a lot of brainwashing and ignorance going on and in the process it's all been more than convenient to the West. Their governments are corrupted with little consideration for their own people. We often complain about our countries but we truly had it better by yes 500 years. Those people have been simply exploited and condemned to be poor forever. Their standard of living is outrageous.  I think we all should stop and think about how privileged we really are and what it would be if we were on the other side of the spectrum and feeling this injustice on our own skin. 

29 minutes ago, elijah said:

One has to question that if he sees that the most European muslim do this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-fans-boo-minutes-silence-for-paris-victims-but-it-was-not-a-mark-of-disrespect-claim-a6738741.html

I have seen a lot of videos of muslims living in the West that want to so to speak "take it from within" by establishing Sharia law when they are majority: 

Yes and I have seen the KKK doing manifestations as well. That doesn't mean all white people are racist and we are going to segregate all the black people in the future.

We have to remember this is another 'lone wolf' who just lost it, not some highly sophisticated terrorist cell. Not really much difference between this guy and the white youth doing a mass shooting. Misguided anger.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes and I have seen the KKK doing manifestations as well. That doesn't mean all white people are racist and we are going to segregate all the black people in the future.

Go live in a Muslim majority country 

you can't say you're gay and if ppl doubt you're gay your life will be so miserable.

one of my friends three weeks ago was beaten and stolen because he's gay 😞 So disgusting.

5 hours ago, spazz said:

you can't say you're gay and if ppl doubt you're gay your life will be so miserable.

one of my friends three weeks ago was beaten and stolen because he's gay 😞 So disgusting.

whaaaaaat???????????? OMG that sounds ATROCIOUS!!!! Is he ok????

7 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

And once again you're making the assumption that these people live a certain way because of their religion. There are also a lot of brainwashing and ignorance going on and in the process it's all been more than convenient to the West. 

One has to wonder why there are so many radicalized muslims nowadays, even in the west. There are crazies in the christianity 2 but in christianity killing other ppl and killing yourself is the greatest sin ever and it will bring you the biggest damnation. In Islam killing infidels or sacrificing yourself in jihad could sent you straight to heaven with 72 maidens. there are core differences between those 2 religions and whoever doesn't want to see it/admit it, i dont care. i m not saying there aren't great people who are muslim, i m far from that idea, but those are secular or moderate muslims that are kind of excluded from the mainstream islam... mainstream islam is radical, the one exported from saudi arabia. you dont have shia bombers by the way 2...

1 hour ago, elijah said:

whaaaaaat???????????? OMG that sounds ATROCIOUS!!!! Is he ok????

I will meet him on Saturday to confort him

i dont want to go more off topic here

we can continue in the lounge 

9 hours ago, elijah said:

We have them NOW.  Syria is destroyed because of "Christians" and the politics want to paint Muslim religion as dangerous.  Christians have killed more Muslims in one month than radical Muslims in all history. 

5 hours ago, elijah said:

One has to wonder why there are so many radicalized muslims nowadays, even in the west. There are crazies in the christianity 2 but in christianity killing other ppl and killing yourself is the greatest sin ever and it will bring you the biggest damnation. In Islam killing infidels or sacrificing yourself in jihad could sent you straight to heaven with 72 maidens. there are core differences between those 2 religions and whoever doesn't want to see it/admit it, i dont care. i m not saying there aren't great people who are muslim, i m far from that idea, but those are secular or moderate muslims that are kind of excluded from the mainstream islam... mainstream islam is radical, the one exported from saudi arabia. you dont have shia bombers by the way 2...

Again you're not talking about Islam. It's wrong to kill and commit suicide in Islam as well. You're talking about a cult inside their religion. Can you imagine if all these Cristian cults that believe that the only way to salvation is to end your own life and the one of your children are passed around as true principles in Christianity? Again there's a lot of ignorance from us. It's all because of the media and their political agenda. Many people if not the majority have fallen into the trap. It's rather transparent. 

10 hours ago, spazz said:

But let's not forget how people even here in the West had to fight to go against that mentality. We used to have gay persecutions as well. Homosexuals would get the electric shock treatment only 60 or 70 years ago. And let's not forget that there are still people who would be too happy to ban homosexuality for good even in the West. It wasn't an easy process. Intolerance and hate and rage are always given as a solution because it's the easiest way to cope with things and to run from the truth. If the West has become acceptive of gay people and so tolerant towards them to the point of giving them the same rights as heterosexuals is because the principles of true individual freedom have become a human right. By paradox the people who are so against Muslims and are always ranting on how they're trying to take over the West they go against the same values of acceptance and tolerance in which our democratic countries are stemming from. In short hate is hate regardless of where it comes from. I condemn all sort of hate.  Sorry to hear about your friend by the way. Hope he's getting better.

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

This is a very interesting read and on point and I stand by it. If you guys have time I would read it and think about it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/23/opinions/london-attack-hellyer-opinion/index.html

I like the end: "This is London: we keep calm, and carry on".

More like... keep calm and fuck it all up.

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

How so? It's hate that is fucking everything up NOT standing against it.

By keeping calm and carrying on sort to speak as in carrying on accepting things, nothing will ever change, hence the fucking it all up. Look at Brexit. Look at UKIP. Look at the murder of Cox last summer. Yeah, keep calm and carry the fuck on, great attitude.

These cowardly disgusting fundamentalist terrorists are hurting so many people.  They have taken innocent lives of people just going about hurting no-one. They are spitting in the face of the West's freedom and causing people to be fearful. They are ruining things for law abiding and peaceful Muslims who want to live in peace and instead get tarred with the same brush which is wrong and unfair.  The over whelming majority of Muslims are disgusted by their behaviour.  They are giving evil right wing politicians everything they want and playing right into their hands by creating fear and division.  

Yes,  most Muslims in Europe are condemning terror and now are suffering from racism,  especially immigrants.  

And those in Muslims countries are suffering fundamentalism too: women and gays above all.  This past weekend I had a visit from a Bulgarian friend,  he came from Sofia with his boyfriend,  a Iranian refugee who had to flee because he's gay and his brother was to MURDER him because he was gay. In that part of Iran the father or the elder brother HAS TO kill a gay in the family,  according to their laws.  The boy could flee to Turkey and ended up in a refugee camp.  Non gubernamental organisations from Australia, Canada and USA (until Trump)  worked to give those gay refugees asylum. Now with Trump the USA associations cannot keep doing it and due to Erdogan neirher Canada nor Australia can work properly. The EU does NOTHING. 

Well he told me that after he fled his brother turned the mother and sister's phone off and he called him and asked him to come back because the mother was dying. This boy was about to risk his life going back to see his ill mother but the sister was able to call and warn him that all was a trap!  The brother was trying to trick him into going back, so he could kill him!  

Can you believe it?  

Thank God this bulgarian friend was in Turkey visiting the refugee camp (he's a film director)  and they fell in love!!!!!!  And now the boy lives in Sofia.  But there are still all those gays in Turkey waiting.  And so scared!  If Erdogan sends them back they will die. 

People like that boy are those refugees that some Europeans don't want because they are Muslims and come from the Middle East.  

And every refugees has a story.  This is one story from millions of broken lives.  Most with no happy endings. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

People like that boy are those refugees that some Europeans don't want because they are Muslims and come from the Middle East.  

Wrong. Those ppl should be in EU/USA/Canada. But those following Quran by the word, ready to stone women/gays SHOULD NOT.

8 hours ago, pjcowley said:

By keeping calm and carrying on sort to speak as in carrying on accepting things, nothing will ever change, hence the fucking it all up. Look at Brexit. Look at UKIP. Look at the murder of Cox last summer. Yeah, keep calm and carry the fuck on, great attitude.

I think it was meant as keep calm and not succumb to anger and hate but believe in unity above all. 

Brexit has happened and we just have to accept it. UKIP is actually dying down. And the murderer of Cox has been apprehended and convicted. Stressing and worrying over those things won't change anything. We just have to be defiant and positive. 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yes,  most Muslims in Europe are condemning terror and now are suffering from racism,  especially immigrants.  

And those in Muslims countries are suffering fundamentalism too: women and gays above all.  This past weekend I had a visit from a Bulgarian friend,  he came from Sofia with his boyfriend,  a Iranian refugee who had to flee because he's gay and his brother was to MURDER him because he was gay. In that part of Iran the father or the elder brother HAS TO kill a gay in the family,  according to their laws.  The boy could flee to Turkey and ended up in a refugee camp.  Non gubernamental organisations from Australia, Canada and USA (until Trump)  worked to give those gay refugees asylum. Now with Trump the USA associations cannot keep doing it and due to Erdogan neirher Canada nor Australia can work properly. The EU does NOTHING. 

Well he told me that after he fled his brother turned the mother and sister's phone off and he called him and asked him to come back because the mother was dying. This boy was about to risk his life going back to see his ill mother but the sister was able to call and warn him that all was a trap!  The brother was trying to trick him into going back, so he could kill him!  

Can you believe it?  

Thank God this bulgarian friend was in Turkey visiting the refugee camp (he's a film director)  and they fell in love!!!!!!  And now the boy lives in Sofia.  But there are still all those gays in Turkey waiting.  And so scared!  If Erdogan sends them back they will die. 

And every refugees has a story.  This is one story from millions of broken lives.  Most with no happy endings. 

Yes and all that has been happening since forever in those parts of the world. While we have been spending time making money and having fun those people never had a choice and now it's coming to us to make us aware of what's going on in the real world but most of us would rather either ignore it or succumb to fear or hate.