La Isla live version ranks: 

1. Who's That Girl World Tour 1987
2. Girlie Show Tour 

3. Drowned World Tour
4. Rebel Heart Tour

5. Sticky & Sweet Tour 
6. Confessions Tour

It is wonderful. 

My list is similar to yours, except GS is my #1.

yes, agreed.

This version might not be as grand and perfect as the GS performance, but to me it represents the song like no other version ever did, brings back so many lovely childhood memories...

tumblr_nbbomiT4ms1tb5bt3o6_1280.jpg

12.jpg

la_isla (1).jpg

wtg-tour-4.jpg

It's the best version of the song. She sings it like she really means it. She truly felt the words. 

Girlie Show is amazing too and I liked the melancholic element of the Drowned World version. 

Sticky & Confessions were just dreadful. 

1 hour ago, Gus said:

la_isla (1).jpg

^ What's the tea on this image? What show/ date is this? Her hair seems 'flatter' than usual... I kinda like it :think:

It's Miami, it was incredibly hot and humid

Madonna87Live.jpg

Cover.jpg

56274-madonna-who-s-that-girl-live-in-japan-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

R-4717881-1373271180-6292.jpeg.jpg

live-to-tell.jpg

wtg6_(98).jpg

25 minutes ago, Gus said:

It's Miami, it was incredibly hot and humid

Madonna87Live.jpg

Cover.jpg

56274-madonna-who-s-that-girl-live-in-japan-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

R-4717881-1373271180-6292.jpeg.jpg

live-to-tell.jpg

wtg6_(98).jpg

NvLAL_s-200x150.gif

BONITA, indeed!

She should've done the whole tour w/ that hairstyle. I LOVE IT!!! So sleek, so gorgeous.

It's my favorite too. Those gorgeous strings in the bridge really elevate it above the rest. :inlove:

I agree, that's hands off the best representation of the song
Out of all the latino inspired performances she has done throughout her career, this one feels like the most authentic... I would say the GS version  was more polished, but the Who's that girl performance just oozes energy and latina sexiness.... CALIENTEEEE!!!

She surely loves this song, doesn't she? 

Confessions is no 1

On 2017-03-21 at 10:28 PM, Suedehead said:

It's the best version of the song. She sings it like she really means it. She truly felt the words. 

Girlie Show is amazing too and I liked the melancholic element of the Drowned World version. 

Sticky & Confessions were just dreadful. 

You're delusional. Confessions is no 1 and fantastic.

With all honesty, I love ALL the versions of LIB. Truly.

It's one of those songs that just lends itself well to re-invention...and I've enjoyed each one of them.

Since I'm not a big fan of the song I must say I liked the live performance at Live Earth best. Second is WTG performance, because everything at WTG tour was awesome.

And omg I looove the Miami hair! This was the right time in her life for short hair like that, later at the GS it looked a bit to butch for my taste.

Am I the only one who felt the Rebel Heart version was quite uninspired? The dance moves, the video on the screens... it all felt very "been there done that"

4 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Am I the only one who felt the Rebel Heart version was quite uninspired? The dance moves, the video on the screens... it all felt very "been there done that"

It was the first time since the Girlie Show that she performed a version close to its original. I loved it, even though she looked a bit exhausted and messy during that performance. :lmao: 

I agree.

10 years ago I would have said DWT was my favorite, but now I appreciate the raw confidence she exudes in this performance.  DWT is still close though. 

She's one of a kind.

8 hours ago, cocolattee said:

Obviously cause it was just a bland rehash. The tour was pretty much her biggest 80's hits + Rebel Heart to shut up the fans who have been complaining for the lack of hits on her tours. Sadly, the whole thing ended up looking rather "last minute" and all over the place. Not a big fan of the tour overall but here's hope the next one is gonna be better.

8 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

Obviously cause it was just a bland rehash. The tour was pretty much her biggest 80's hits + Rebel Heart to shut up the fans who have been complaining for the lack of hits on her tours. Sadly, the whole thing ended up looking rather "last minute" and all over the place. Not a big fan of the tour overall but here's hope the next one is gonna be better.

:lol:

17 hours ago, cocolattee said:

It was the album version in full glory. The version I was waiting for since the GS. One of my fav performances of RH.