Jamesy

TAKE A BOW - FINAL SHOW - SCREEN FOOTAGE

25 posts in this topic

From my film of the screen on the final night of the RHT - here's TAKE A BOW in full!

(YouTube Muted the audio - so here it is from Facebook)

Great video. Thank you!

this has to be included on the dvd :dramatic:

This show is SO much better on these LQ videos. Let's hope they don't ruin this one as well.

Can't wait to see if they include those vocal effects they did on La Vie Em Rose :lmao:

I thought it was something from the DVD and got all excited. I hope this sing is in the final cut. So beautiful.

I know this song isn't universally beloved outside of the U.S., but I adore it.  Thanks for posting this, Jamesy!

Perfect vocals!

This woman!!! :inlove:

Can't believe it's been a year since the tour ended. It feels like yesterday, right?

4 hours ago, Jaz said:

I know this song isn't universally beloved outside of the U.S., but I adore it.  Thanks for posting this, Jamesy!

it isn't?

It was a huge hit everywhere..

BEAUTIFUL.

I'm just so happy she chose to perform this. So happy. It's such a gorgeous, sweet, lyrically beautiful song that never seems to get the appreciation it deserves. I'm really hoping she does this in grand production form on the next tour. 

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

it isn't?

It was huge across Asia and in North America, but it was a only a minor hit across Europe. It's most famous, of course, for breaking her string of UK top 10s that stretched all the way back to "Like a Virgin," but it missed the top 10 almost everywhere in Europe. I think Italy is only European country where it hit the top ten. (I could be misremembering on that last one. It's been ages since I've looked at her European chart history.)

11 minutes ago, material_boy said:

It was huge across Asia and in North America, but it was a only a minor hit across Europe. It's most famous, of course, for breaking her string of UK top 10s that stretched all the way back to "Like a Virgin," but it missed the top 10 almost everywhere in Europe. I think Italy is only European country where it hit the top ten. (I could be misremembering on that last one. It's been ages since I've looked at her European chart history.)

TAB hit no.4 on UK airplay and sold more than some of her own singles that peaked inside top 10.

Fans ALWAYS forget that TAB was charting during xmas which is the biggest sales era, but very competitive.

IT was HUGE on MTV Europe too.

11 hours ago, Suedehead said:

I cry. 

Truly.

This... 

:kiss2:

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

TAB hit no.4 on UK airplay and sold more than some of her own singles that peaked inside top 10.

Fans ALWAYS forget that TAB was charting during xmas which is the biggest sales era, but very competitive.

IT was HUGE on MTV Europe too.

Didn't forget it was Christmas at all, dear. It just doesn't matter. "Dear Jessie" was in the top 10 in Christmas '89 when it was the fourth single to that album, and all it had was a low budget partially animated clip. That "DJ" could go top 10 while "TAB" failed, despite being just the second single and having a stunning new video clip tells you all you need to know.

As for MTV Europe, the last time you brought that up to me, it was to try and peddle the idea that "KIT" was released as a single in Europe and that BA footage was used as the video -- even though the tour didn't start til three months after the "single" was "released." Let's just say I don't trust your memory when it comes to MTV Europe coverage :lol:

1 hour ago, material_boy said:

Didn't forget it was Christmas at all, dear. It just doesn't matter. "Dear Jessie" was in the top 10 in Christmas '89 when it was the fourth single to that album, and all it had was a low budget partially animated clip. That "DJ" could go top 10 while "TAB" failed, despite being just the second single and having a stunning new video clip tells you all you need to know.

As for MTV Europe, the last time you brought that up to me, it was to try and peddle the idea that "KIT" was released as a single in Europe and that BA footage was used as the video -- even though the tour didn't start til three months after the "single" was "released." Let's just say I don't trust your memory when it comes to MTV Europe coverage :lol:

Well, it does matter. DJ was released in entirely different circumstances. She was at her commercial peak then 1989 unlike in 1994/95 when she was just recovering from SEX years. Given that, TAB was big, indeed.

BA clip was used as the video. Obviously they played it after the tour had started.

And it was the 5th single from LAP. Just as BBB was the 6th from Erotica.

Just give it up already. Its not healthy to twist historical facts.

:chuckle:

18 hours ago, dollhouse said:

it isn't?

It wasn't a huge hit everywhere.

You won't find much support for your argument that "It was a huge hit everywhere."

9 hours ago, Jaz said:

It wasn't a huge hit everywhere.

You won't find much support for your argument that "It was a huge hit everywhere."

it seem so :chuckle:

well, at least top20 in most markets. id say its universally well loved.

I wonder why madonna cut it for the showtime and kept all 3 interludes

I can't get it 2 play...

RE/ The Cut: She probably feels it's not integral 2 the original vision/arch she had in mind 4 the show, I kinda get the feeling

her interludes r quite precious 2 her... :p

Just now, acko said:

I can't get it 2 play...

RE/ The Cut: She probably feels it's not integral 2 the original vision/arch she had in mind 4 the show, I kinda get the feeling

her interludes r quite precious 2 her... :p

Too precious

These were the biggest songs of 1995 worldwide:

1. Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
  2. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? - Bryan Adams
  3. Kiss From A Rose - Seal
  4. You Are Not Alone - Michael Jackson
  5. Fantasy - Mariah Carey
  6. Waterfalls - TLC
  7. Take A Bow - Madonna
  8. Always - Bon Jovi
  9. Here Comes The Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
  10. Shy Guy - Diana King

I'd say TAB was a big hit. Maybe not in the UK, but it was a big hit otherwise. 

God I hate that Coolio song :-(

On 3/22/2017 at 0:21 PM, dollhouse said:

it seem so :chuckle:

well, at least top20 in most markets. id say its universally well loved.

I do think you are right there!

Youtube has muted all the TAB performances from the tour? I wonder why only that song and the video was not muted, only all the RHT performances.