LHakaLH

POLL: What should have been the fifth single from "Bedtime Stories"?

What should have been "Bedtime Stories"'s fifth single?   105 members have voted

1. 1. What should have been "Bedtime Stories"'s fifth single?

• Survival
    • I'd Rather Be Your Lover
    • Don't Stop
    • Inside Of Me
    • Forbidden Love
    • Love Tried To Welcome Me
    • Sanctuary

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

Same as the previous threads @material_boy has created. 

Go!

My personal pick would be either Survival, Don't Stop o Forbidden Love. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with Forbidden Love. Rumor has it Madonna wanted FL to be the fifth single and even shot a video for it, featuring images of gay couples and her trying to seduce a priest, but was scrapped at the final moment to give priority to STR (which ironically features Forbidden Love :blink:)

I mulled over Survival or Forbidden Love.

I ended up going with FL only because I think it could've been this albums Rain after releasing the unconventional Human Nature and Bedtime Story. Plus, it was mainstream and very current at the time and Madonna's ballads were on fire in the 90's.

Forbidden Love, without a doubt. A great and underrated song.

Love tried to welcome me. 

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

ditto!

FL is not my favorite (I prefer Sanctuary over FL) but I think it's the best single choice

FL of course

1 hour ago, LHakaLH said:

Same as the previous threads @material_boy has created. 

Go!

My personal pick would be either Don't Stop o Forbidden Love. Rumor has it Madonna wanted FL to be the fifth single and even shot a video for it, featuring images of gay couples and her trying to seduce a priest, but was scrapped at the final moment.

You topic thief! :lol:

I voted "Forbidden Love." It was a guaranteed hit in North America and Asia, considering M and Babyface had a motherfucking SMASH HIT with "TAB." But she'd probs have needed to release something else in Europe.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

YES. Perfection.

Forbidden Love

1 hour ago, material_boy said:

You topic thief! :lol:

I voted "Forbidden Love." It was a guaranteed hit in North America and Asia, considering M and Babyface had a motherfucking SMASH HIT with "TAB." But she'd probs have needed to release something else in Europe.

giphy.gif 

Inside of me.  Such an amazing beautiful song that can be interpreted by the listener in many ways.  

Forbidden Love or Don't Stop, but I voted Don't Stop. It was actually playing on the radio here during summer 1995.

Always thought Don't Stop would've been a great single at the time even though not one of my personal favorites. 

Even though I heard the rumor back then about FL, DS was actually being played on the radio for months, and I remember being surprised, because it was never released as anything that I knew of. I think it will have been wise to go full fledged, being BS and HN barely got played - here they are playing an unreleased song...and they don't take advantage of it? I thought it was a fun song, but I had to be in the mood for it LOL. Sometimes it annoyed me, and other times I enjoyed it. When the Q magazine came out, the picture where she is holding a trumpet looked like a video for DS. To me, a lot of strange things happened with this album as a whole, where so much potential was not utilized. Other songs I think will have worked are Survival (I consider this the DW/SFL of this album). I was always in love with the idea of Sanctuary being released WITH Bedtime Story as a video film, where sanctuary leads to Bedtime Story, working as a double A side. I do think FL will have been a great choice, and even with STR released, it wasn't taken advantage of. I hate to say it, but it will have been great if she had the power to postpone Evita to give Bedtime Stories the attention it deserved.

Ooh, this is a tough one. I voted for FL but DS would've been a great choice as well.

3 hours ago, Willie said:

Even though I heard the rumor back then about FL, DS was actually being played on the radio for months, and I remember being surprised, because it was never released as anything that I knew of. I think it will have been wise to go full fledged, being BS and HN barely got played - here they are playing an unreleased song...and they don't take advantage of it? I thought it was a fun song, but I had to be in the mood for it LOL. Sometimes it annoyed me, and other times I enjoyed it. When the Q magazine came out, the picture where she is holding a trumpet looked like a video for DS. To me, a lot of strange things happened with this album as a whole, where so much potential was not utilized. Other songs I think will have worked are Survival (I consider this the DW/SFL of this album). I was always in love with the idea of Sanctuary being released WITH Bedtime Story as a video film, where sanctuary leads to Bedtime Story, working as a double A side. I do think FL will have been a great choice, and even with STR released, it wasn't taken advantage of. I hate to say it, but it will have been great if she had the power to postpone Evita to give Bedtime Stories the attention it deserved.

1. Secret (no.3)

2. Take A Bow (no.1)

3. Don't Stop (another Top10 hit?)

4. Forbidden Love (another Top10 hit?)

=BS album sales excess 5 million.

Don't Stop WOULD have made a fun single regardless of my personal feelings for it. I think it's one of the weaker tracks on the album, but when you look at what it's up against in terms of lyrics and vocals, it's not the fault of the song really. BS is a lush, lyrical adventure and I think DS just kind of stands out as that awkward Madonna song that's on all of her albums.

Coming off of the success of TAB, it could've been the new Cherish or True Blue. Non fans that have heard it just love it. 

15 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Don't Stop WOULD have made a fun single regardless of my personal feelings for it. I think it's one of the weaker tracks on the album, but when you look at what it's up against in terms of lyrics and vocals, it's not the fault of the song really. BS is a lush, lyrical adventure and I think DS just kind of stands out as that awkward Madonna song that's on all of her albums.

Coming off of the success of TAB, it could've been the new Cherish or True Blue. Non fans that have heard it just love it. 

1. Secret (no.3)

2. Take A Bow (no.1)

3. Don't Stop (another Top10 hit?)

4. Forbidden Love (another Top10 hit?)

=BS album sales excess 5 million.

I know "Don't Stop" get's a lot of shit from many fans but I love it...and always have done. So yeah, I picked DS.

52 minutes ago, Crux said:

I know "Don't Stop" get's a lot of shit from many fans but I love it...and always have done. So yeah, I picked DS.

Me 2!