le smoking

New leak - Love Hurts (Erotica demo)

110 posts in this topic

I'm feeling so crazy and excited as when You are the one and Shame leaked.

I love hearing these demo recordings.

The "Do you remember the time / When we fell in love" lyrics during the chorus are identical to those of Michael Jackson's single "Remember The Time", which charted in January 1992 (during M's recording sessions). I'm doubtful "Love Hurts" has any real connection to the Dangerous sessions (can you imagine?!), but it's still an interesting link for all the rumors of her involvement.

"I've got a special chair... it has a special strap..."

giphy.gif

:rotfl:

16 minutes ago, Mattress said:

The "Do you remember the time / When we fell in love" lyrics during the chorus are identical to those of Michael Jackson's single "Remember The Time", which charted in January 1992 (during M's recording sessions). I'm doubtful "Love Hurts" has any real connection to the Dangerous sessions (can you imagine?!), but it's still an interesting link for all the rumors of her involvement.

M wrote some lyrics for In the Closet, but apparently he didnt like them. Maybe they included something along these lines and they both used them for other songs, or maybe M was involved in more than 1 song?

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Here's the tracklist that was posted a few months ago showing the Erotica album was originally going to be called the Girlie Show and at the bottom it says Junior track with Love Hurts crossed out

GirlieShow_n.jpg

I thought this was fake but now... 

Can this song be downloaded somewhere? 

8 hours ago, jonski43 said:

PS: the early version of Music CD leaked with some instrumentals on, LAAPTMR, TST and early version of what seems to be Impressive Instant. Most of it's leaked before but the instrumentals seem new. Never heard of Baby Blue Jam

WHAT?! ! 

47 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Can this song be downloaded somewhere? 

There's a mega link on page 1

5 hours ago, Mattress said:

It also reminded me of Remember the Time and got me thinking it probably played a part in abandoning that part of the song altogether. Someone must've pointed out the similarities and I doubt she wanted that sort of criticism.

9 hours ago, jonski43 said:

PS: the early version of Music CD leaked with some instrumentals on, LAAPTMR, TST and early version of what seems to be Impressive Instant. Most of it's leaked before but the instrumentals seem new. Never heard of Baby Blue Jam

where?

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

where?

M-infinity although they've had to remove Ariosa from it.

1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

It also reminded me of Remember the Time and got me thinking it probably played a part in abandoning that part of the song altogether. Someone must've pointed out the similarities and I doubt she wanted that sort of criticism.

Yes, this would be right after the Deee Lite accusations of her using 'I believe in the power of love' in Rescue Me and the similarities of Shame with Mone Love.

still amazed about how good this track is though.

15 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

OMG Bill RH is your #1 album? That's really amazing. Love that. 

Yes!  It has the very slightest lead over Erotica.  I would almost say they're tied for #1, but I think I've probably listed to RH a thousand times in the past 2 years.

11 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Here's the tracklist that was posted a few months ago showing the Erotica album was originally going to be called the Girlie Show and at the bottom it says Junior track with Love Hurts crossed out

GirlieShow_n.jpg

Ah yes - it's definitely real which is why I secured permission to post it from the guy who owns it :)

And it's an amazing song too

Love this demo. Erotica was such a wonderful era.

I've played it like a dozen times since last night. It's so hypnotic :IMG_1564:

Interesting that it's a Junior track because it sounds like an Andre Betts track. And "Dear Father" also sounds more like an AB track too. 

Also interesting that TUTBMP was almost included on Erotica. Anyone know what the mention of Betty Boo is about? Was she featured on it?

Betty Boo was supposed to contribute. But she had family issues and couldn't do it.

On 3/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, Suedehead said:

Love it !

There is an exclusive rumour on SubmergedMadonna.com that 'Sitting On The Whole World' may be next? Or maybe even 'On Eagles' Wings' but I can't confirm.

What is " SubmergedMadonna.com" nothing shows up if I google it and no such site if I type it in? anyone have a link?

6 minutes ago, Mlvcfan said:

What is " SubmergedMadonna.com" nothing shows up if I google it and no such site if I type it in? anyone have a link?

It's a joke about 'DrownedMadonna.com' posting fake tracklistings for the confessions album that were posted years ago. It's a running joke here.

Thanks

OMG I can' believe I didn't see that, now I feel silly

It's funny cause I saw a tweet about the leak on DrownedMadonna.and just ignored it. not til I came here did I take it seriously.

A lot of aspects of this track sound like songs that were hot during the making of Erotica LP. This song seems to be a mish mosh purposefully, to kind of present the thesis/theme for the album. it's fun but obviously a very very raw rough demo :)

3 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Betty Boo was supposed to contribute. But she had family issues and couldn't do it.

I know that Boo didn't sign with Maverick in 1994 and retired from music to take care of her mother, who was ill. Is that what you're referring to? Because that was two years later.

It would have been very cool to have a female rapper on Erotica. There's this idea that Mariah Carey started the whole rapper thing, but rappers were featured on pop songs all the time prior to "Fantasy." Like on the remix for "Waiting." It also might have prevented a little bit of the "Madonna is trying to jump on the bandwagon" thing that happened with Bedtime Stories. I've always viewed Erotica as a very urban album, mostly because of the Andre Betts tracks. 

I'm so glad that Love Hurts leaked, it's an amazing demo

So, about this picture, is there any other thread where this was discussed? There are so many titles and different interesting things... 

GirlieShow_n.jpg

^ I can make out everything on the page except what does it say in green beneath Why's It So Hard? And I can't read the stuff in red that's crossed out at the bottom.