jazzyjan

Why don't other female stars defend Madonna ?

73 posts in this topic

Debbie's awesome. Deal with it.

web-nme-1-getty2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

thats why I don't think she should befriend those pop girls. I feel like they don't really care about her

I think she befriends them partly for there street cred, let's be honest! 

17 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Still haven't even heard that "Glass" song or whatever the title is that she (and her band?) recorded in its entirety. 

lmao

7 hours ago, Confessit said:

She said in the Billboard speech that she wished she had a female contemporary to lean on in the 90s, so I think that when the new wave of pop girls came along she wanted to give them the support she never had.  Perhaps they reached out to her behind the scenes and vice versa - like we didn't even know she reached out to Ellen and Toni Braxton to give them support until years later

Envy, jealousy, anger, pettyness, fear....

they are jealous that Madonna is literally a 10/10 would Marry and i would donate all my organs to meet her IRL

I think a lot is unknown. Madonna probably stepped on many toes going in, stuff we don't know about publicly. Ancient shades live long behind closed doors.

On 3/19/2017 at 10:53 PM, le smoking said:

I think it's because she has such a strong persona that most people don't feel the need to defend her...there's a lot about her that doesn't invite sympathy or empathy.  It's made her an untouchable legend, but it also dehumanizes her.  In comparison, someone like Britney is defended at every turn cuz she's so vulnerable and projects victimhood

tumblr_inline_nzvokzCj6N1ra43cw_500.gif

Female recording artists see Madonna either as a professional threat. Or an example of a talentless beauty getting by on youth, whiteness, and her willingness to use her sexuality to provoke and entice the public. 

On 20/03/2017 at 4:44 AM, jazzyjan said:

The writer then says in another paragraph that "While Madonna carefully crafts her image,  Harry does not give a damn.

There you go, BINGO! It's the writer's fault of this alleged article first and foremost for planting bad sees. Media fuck it all up, more so than other female artists. Bad journalism is responsible for generating and fueling the so called "stan-wars" of social media era, hatred among same gender artists when I think most of the time artists really do not give a shit about each other. They think first and foremost about their own business. Unless they are working in collaboration on projects, and when they do work together it's most likely based on facts such as music they have heard from such artist (speaking of the music industry) rather than stupid petty irrelevant media gossips.  

It was sad indeed that after Madonna's Billboard speech there was little feedback from her female peers in the same industry, but then I did ponder on that and thought - is it really necessary to have validation from other female artists? Well then.. why not male artists as well?? After over three decades in such a cut-throat, ruthless and incredibly misogynistic business I personally think that Madonna should not even be measured up against anyone anymore and if hardly any female artist younger than or same generation as Madonna is not openly showing any support... be that way. That lack of openly vocal support from most female peers or male peers never prevented me from adoring Madonna, buying her records, buying her fucking expensive live show tickets, videos, merchandise, magazine, etc.

I think the support we Madonna fans have shown throughout all these years is undoubtedly a lot more valuable than what any Debbie Harry or Cindy Lauper or Kate fucking Bush or anyone else may have or may not have said about Madonna.

On 21 March 2017 at 1:06 AM, acko said:

Harry is always weird when asked about a broader insight in pop culture, not just Madonna.

She's even difficult when asked about her own massive influence on female sexuality in music.

I re read that article that I based this topic on and in the editor's section on another page, they mentioned how the writer found her very difficult to interview and seemed down about it or something similar. 

40 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

There you go, BINGO! It's the writer's fault of this alleged article first and foremost for planting bad sees. Media fuck it all up, more so than other female artists. Bad journalism is responsible for generating and fueling the so called "stan-wars" of social media era, hatred among same gender artists when I think most of the time artists really do not give a shit about each other. They think first and foremost about their own business. Unless they are working in collaboration on projects, and when they do work together it's most likely based on facts such as music they have heard from such artist (speaking of the music industry) rather than stupid petty irrelevant media gossips.  

It was sad indeed that after Madonna's Billboard speech there was little feedback from her female peers in the same industry, but then I did ponder on that and thought - is it really necessary to have validation from other female artists? Well then.. why not male artists as well?? After over three decades in such a cut-throat, ruthless and incredibly misogynistic business I personally think that Madonna should not even be measured up against anyone anymore and if hardly any female artist younger than or same generation as Madonna is not openly showing any support... be that way. That lack of openly vocal support from most female peers or male peers never prevented me from adoring Madonna, buying her records, buying her fucking expensive live show tickets, videos, merchandise, magazine, etc.

I think the support we Madonna fans have shown throughout all these years is undoubtedly a lot more valuable than what any Debbie Harry or Cindy Lauper or Kate fucking Bush or anyone else may have or may not have said about Madonna.

True.  what fans think is far more important than her peers.  You are spot on about that. 

I noticed it more after her Billboard speech because she mentioned how she never had any support after the Erotica/Sex backlash but in the long run, their opinions are not important.  Madonna will always keep going and inspiring women to do the same thing.  She marches to the beat of her own drum - always has and always will.  

On 21 March 2017 at 5:23 AM, Confessit said:

Don't agree with you there. I think she has a real maternal side and you can tell from footage that she likes Britney, Katy and Ariana.  She does not need street cred from them. 

I just read an interview with Vicky McClure from 'filth and wisdom' in the Sunday Times..she says she 'had a ball working with Madonna..but she's not a director is she' :bad:

1 hour ago, paradise said:

I just read an interview with Vicky McClure from 'filth and wisdom' in the Sunday Times..she says she 'had a ball working with Madonna..but she's not a director is she' :bad:

Link please.

3 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Don't agree with you there. I think she has a real maternal side and you can tell from footage that she likes Britney, Katy and Ariana.  She does not need street cred from them. 

Yes I agree actually she certainly really loved Briney...... it just felt that Me against the music was somewhat a fleeted attempt at street cred following American Life.

That moment was such a wasted opptunity, it could of been huge a collaboration between the Queen and Princess, instead it got lost and today is forgettable.

50 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Yes I agree actually she certainly really loved Briney...... it just felt that Me against the music was somewhat a fleeted attempt at street cred following American Life.

That moment was such a wasted opptunity, it could of been huge a collaboration between the Queen and Princess, instead it got lost and today is forgettable.

I think that would b the opposite of street cred, teaming up with Britney.

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"street cred" :lol: 

Should've been an album title.

1 minute ago, IsaacHarris said:

Should've been an album title.

Street Cred: Ho-Donna In Da House Y'all (2020).

3 hours ago, spotlight said:

Link please.

Oh sorry it wasn't the Sunday Times it was the saturday culture supplement..that's all she said on the matter..it may have been misquoted though as these things often are 

Madonna's early career was built on street cred though. Let's not forget that that was the culture she was coming from and formed her as a musician above all things. Let's not forget that before going to NYC Madonna never even dreamed of becoming a musician. Undoubtedly her so called street cred is part of her artistical DNA. It's palpable in all her works. That's why I don't understand why she gets criticised for making urban records or working with so called street cred producers. 

I dint think M used Britney for street cred. She was doing fine on her own. Ray Of Light and Music were smashes in the US as well. She didn't need Britney to stay "relevant". I think she genuinely felt maternal towards her especially after having a daughter and also she saw how cruel the press could be against Britney and she wanted to protect her. Didn't she also support Kiley Minogue during that time as well? Madonna to this day never said a bad word against Britney or even Christina. In fact I don't remember she ever said anything slightly negative against other female artists apart from that reductive comment about Gaga. 

17 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Madonna's early career was built on street cred though. Let's not forget that that was the culture she was coming from and formed her as a musician above all things. Let's not forget that before going to NYC Madonna never even dreamed of becoming a musician. Undoubtedly her so called street cred is part of her artistical DNA. It's palpable in all her works. That's why I don't understand why she gets criticised for making urban records or working with so called street cred producers. 

I dint think M used Britney for street cred. She was doing fine on her own. Ray Of Light and Music were smashed in the US as well. She didn't need Britney to stay "relevant". I think she genuinely felt maternal towards her especially after having a daughter and also she saw how cruel the press could be against Britney and she wanted to protect her. Madonna to this day never said a bad word against Britney or even Christina. In fact I don't even she said anything slightly negative against other female artist apart from that reductive comment about Gaga. 

I agree with you in essence.

But i do think the direction 2003 took was a direct response to American Life falling so flat commercially.

Had IT of landed successfully (Putting artistic value to one side) like ROL and M that came before it, I doubt MATM would if happend.

It was a rash decision, last minute vocal and Madonna came close to pulling out the video !

For me personally I don't think Madonna would of volentered herself for MATM had it not of been for the commercial situation she was in the summer of 2003. I doubt she would of been signing into the groove on GAP adverts either.

But I agree street cred and popularity have always been at the heart of Madonna, hence why she retained such a hold on the mainstream for 20+ years in music.

Britneys popularity at the time I think was an obvious factor for Madonna wanting to do the duet, but I absolutely agree she was and is maternal towards her.

Even in 2500 when the aliens come to earth there will be "Vogue" playing on the spaceships of the gay ones. thats what matters