France President Emmanuel Macron

In addition to the gays casting their vote to far right Le Pain, meet the French bankers working in London who are going to vote for Le Pain too - whoopee! Much like some English MIGRANTS living in Spain, who are benefiting from Spain's far greater than England healthcare system, who did cast their vote in favor of getting the fuck out of the European Union. While this article dates back to the 6th of April I think it's a relevant insight anyway:

Meet the London bankers voting for Le Pen

9k=

With weeks to go until the French presidential election, the London branch of Marine Le Pen’s Front National are working hard. In the unlikely setting of a room above a pub near Farringdon Station, Le Pen’s supporters meet regularly to discuss their candidate’s chances. Max Bégon-Lours, the organiser of these meetings and vice-chair of the group, is optimistic. For him, the appeal of the far-right candidate is obvious – and he’s far from alone.

Some might say that backing a candidate like Le Pen is ironic for a French voter like Bégon-Lours; after all, he is a man who has benefited directly from the system of globalisation that Le Pen likes to deride. As with many French people in the capital, Max moved here to work in London’s banking and services sectors. A tall, well-dressed Parisian man of good bourgeois stock, he attended the École Polytechnique in Paris, one of France’s top universities, and went on to do a Masters at Princeton. He is 29 and he joined the Front National five years ago. Yet what’s perhaps most surprising about Bégon-Lours is that he’s not that unusual.

Supporters of the Front National are often in the prime of their lives. Despite the relative youth of her rival, Emmanuel Macron, younger French voters overwhelmingly prefer Le Pen. Among French 18-24 year olds, 39 per cent back Le Pen; while only 21 per cent say they intend to vote for Macron’s party En Marche!

At the Front National meet-up in London, it’s a similar story: almost everyone is under the age of 40, while a handful are in their early twenties. Some have said that France’s high youth unemployment level explains the Le Pen phenomenon. The bitter resentment of a forgotten, disillusioned youth in France’s rustbelt, the narrative goes, are looking forward to expressing their discontent at the ballot box. But Le Pen’s London supporters are a rebuke to that story: the supporters who attend these meetings are not struggling to make ends meet. Quite the opposite.

So what is driving Le Pen’s London supporters? ‘It’s not what the FN can do for me, but what I can do for my country,’ says Frédéric, an analyst from Brittany. ‘I work in finance and it’s got nothing to do with me, but my parents live in France, I want to spend my retirement in France. I’ve already got my retirement home, it’s been in the family for 200, 300 years.’

Others share his homesickness. ‘My support for Marine comes from my wish to return home one day,’ says Max. ‘Even though I live in London, I still feel like I belong to the French nation’. ‘All the free time I have, I dedicate to the Front National, because I think it’s worth it for my children, because France is a beautiful country and it’s a shame that it is being wrecked by irresponsible people.’

In fact, everyone gathered in Farringdon is quick to point out the importance of patriotism in casting their vote for the FN. That might not come as much of a shock for supporters of a nationalist party. But Le Pen’s London supporters remain a cosmopolitan crowd. A number of their members in the UK are half-English, according to Max, but still see themselves as French nationalists. As one attendee puts it, French identity is ‘plus tâchant’ – it stains more, dominates other identities.

This certainly goes for a City banker based in London, who was born to Algerian parents in Paris’s infamous banlieues. He is also considering casting his vote for Le Pen. His grandmother fought for the National Liberation Front, the revolutionary movement that kicked the French out of North Africa and established a one-party state in Algeria, but she moved to Paris once the violence had subsided. In 2002, he skipped class at the lycée to protest against Marine’s father, Jean-Marie Le Pen’s, and his presence in the second round of the French presidential election. ‘In the past I thought the Front National were a party of the extreme right, Nazi even,’ he says. ‘All the kids carried signs with swastikas and a big cross through it.’ ‘The type of people we were protesting still vote Le Pen – they’ve got nowhere else to go. But does it bother me that a Vichy nostalgist might vote for Marine? No.’ He approaches the contemporary Front from a different angle. ‘I’m from a gaullist tradition and today the party that is closest to the ideas of President de Gaulle is the FN.’

Of course it’s true that in London, at least, Le Pen’s supporters are still in the minority among the nearly 400,000 French who call the capital home. A speech by Emmanuel Macron, the dynamic liberal-centrist candidate, in Westminster attracted thousands who showed up to cheer him on. Le Pen could never hope for the same. But if winning elections is about appealing to those in the centre ground, then the Front National’s London branch bodes well for Le Pen. If the polls did not already say as much, these meetings of expats in Farringdon is proof that Le Pen is attracting new voters who previously would have dismissed the party out of hand. Her programme of detoxification and soft nationalism has worked. So much so that she might even convince a few more cosmopolitan elites to come on board. A few may be all that she needs. 

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/meet-london-bankers-voting-le-pen/

When you don't understand why it's wrong to be gay and vote for Le Pen, you clearly have to go back to school and to open some books.

Exactly. As I wrote in a previous post, if you do not understand that to vote for a far right party that has a homophobic history is counterproductive, it's because you have lived the provilege to be born at a time and In a country where people have fought for these rights. In addition to spitting on the legacy and sacrifice of these activists,  these people also shoot themselves in the foot without even noticing it. 

Selfishness has become so immense today that people are no longer able to understand that their lack of solidarity will come to slap them in the face sooner or later when a majority of people in their community (Community here does not mean cult but a group of people sharing common interests or a commun heritage) have acted so egocentrically.

That's not LGBT people, it's just people. It doesn't even make sense. Some criticize these folks for voting FN by saying they are traitors to gay rights, others say they're selfish for voting for FN because they know Le Pen won't affect gay rights. Well which is it? There is diversity of thought in the would-be LGBT community, not everyone is on the left (or should be). That's nothing new. Being gay is not a cult.

Absolutely! 

Exactly. As I wrote in a previous post, if you do not understand that to vote for a far right party that has a homophobic history is counterproductive, it's because you have lived the provilege to be born at a time and In a country where people have fought for these rights. In addition to spitting on the legacy and sacrifice of these activists,  these people also shoot themselves in the foot without even noticing it. 

Selfishness has become so immense today that people are no longer able to understand that their lack of solidarity will come to slap them in the face sooner or later when a majority of people in their community (Community here does not mean cult but a group of people sharing common interests or a commun heritage) have acted so egocentrically.

People are always their own worst enemies.  It is the whole "I'm all right Jack"  attitude.  As long as they think their needs are being met, they don't care less how others are treated or how others have fought for their rights. Human nature at it's worst and most selfish.  They will find out sooner or later though when their rights are eroded.  Same with people who support big corporations and businesses and then feel cheated when their working rights and conditions go.  

... and that bitch could use some moisturizing cream on that right-wing bred face. Although a layer of good on the surface won't change anything on the content in her case.

France, France, please, Macron may not be the best (who really is nowadays), but please, in two weeks time don't fucking elect your pain in the ass who will then become everyone else in Europe pain the ass: Le Pain.

Please don't.

He will get around 65% on 2nd round, according to the last survey

Um..do 'surveys', polls or whatever from any country really mean shit (sorry lol) anymore. We're in a very f'ked up, Twilight Zone almost sci-fi-ish post 2016 world where nothing ends up the way it appears or 'normally' is/was and not in a good way :/ One thing if it was just the US but also Brexit. But I'll still ask...is 65% considered an absolute home run done deal or is it a 'Hillary will win in a landslide' lol even though she was always neck and neck w/ Trump basically the whole damn time. Also, please tell me there's no Clinton-esque baggage or dirt with this guy for the Russians and Trump to troll the hell out of French social media the next 2 weeks :/ 

The fact Le Pen got so much support is terrifying and alarming.  We really are in the middle of a major right wing xenophobic wave around the world and it has not subsided enough.   Have to hope that she is defeated in the next round.  An extremely crucial election.  

Um..do 'surveys', polls or whatever from any country really mean shit (sorry lol) anymore. We're in a very f'ked up, Twilight Zone almost sci-fi-ish post 2016 world where nothing ends up the way it appears or 'normally' is/was and not in a good way :/ One thing if it was just the US but also Brexit. But I'll still ask...is 65% considered an absolute home run done deal or is it a 'Hillary will win in a landslide' lol even though she was always neck and neck w/ Trump basically the whole damn time. Also, please tell me there's no Clinton-esque baggage or dirt with this guy for the Russians and Trump to troll the hell out of French social media the next 2 weeks :/ 

Russian newspaper said he was secretly gay and dating a radio dj and his wife was a beard. But no one bought it. The idea was to prove he was dishonest.

Well... since 2013 surveys said she will win 1st round and she did. And since 2013 the same surveys said she won't win the 2nd round. 

Of course surveys are surveys and it doesn't mean a lot in the circumstance. But I still think many people will wake up and get out on day vote to vote against her. Just like the same happened in 2002 with her dad. Even the right wing party invites people to vote against her. It says a lot. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The support for FN is overblown by the media. It evaporates when you reduce its opponent to just one. Even the crapulous and desiccated Fillon got almost as many votes as Le Pen in the first round.

I'm hung over still 

The result is as expected. hat bothers me really is people acting as if Macron has already won and people from the left saying they won't vote for him. People are very upset. A longer post later but i leave you with this, it's not made up, every candidate went on snapchat and chose a filter themselves. Just to show you how weird and fucked up this campaign has been (and it's not over yet)

18034324_10155333507333083_5924785429234867019_n.jpg

Well... since 2013 surveys said she will win 1st round and she did. And since 2013 the same surveys said she won't win the 2nd round. 

Of course surveys are surveys and it doesn't mean a lot in the circumstance. But I still think many people will wake up and get out on day vote to vote against her. Just like the same happened in 2002 with her dad. Even the right wing party invites people to vote against her. It says a lot. 

Since 2013!? That long this horrid witch has been seriously in the mix? Wow. 

The fact Le Pen got so much support is terrifying and alarming.  We really are in the middle of a major right wing xenophobic wave around the world and it has not subsided enough.   Have to hope that she is defeated in the next round.  An extremely crucial election.  

It will not take long before all those far-right extremists clash with eachother. The same would happen with far-left leaders though. History proves that everytime extremists take power they end up in conflict with eachother, kind of that mentality my dick is bigger than yours.

Yup. Not just defeated but defeated decisively. This cannot be another Brexit and esp another 2016 US election sqeaker kind of bullshit. We really need a major shift in this awful trend. All just feels so wrong. As bad as things are for some people, no idea what on earth people are finding appealing and acceptable about electing these horrible people as a remedy. If she loses will hopefully change the jet streams in a major way back to some 'normalcy' and Germany will follow just for extra icing on the cake. 

Le Men Got this !!! The new age of far-right ideology is on the rise!!! this what i want the foundation for a Violent revolution!!! :shoot:

It's frightening isn't it?  Makes what Madonna was talking about and felt during her MDNA tour seem so prophetic.  Also makes me respect the shit out of her soooooooo much more.  Most stars like that would be prancing around the globe living in their own little bubble .  Madonna is so tuned in to world events and what is going on.   I remember that interview she did while promoting Rebel Heart in France I believe it was and most of the interview consisted of Madonna talking about politics and world events.  What other female pop star could give an interview like that without sounding like a braindead fool?