France President Emmanuel Macron

Presidential election :

first round april 23rd

second round may 7th

Legislative (assembly) election

first round june 11th

second round june 18th

Emmanuel Macron (center) and Marine Le Pen (far right) are the two candidates (out of 11 officially) to be projected to come face to face on the second round on may 7th.

Other major candidates :

Benoit Hamon (PS, center left). François Hollande party. He's joined by the ecologists but after he won the primary election, many people from the party decided to support Macron instead (who used to be Hollande's economy minister)

Melenchon (left). He wants to leave Europe and Nato and to get closer to Russia.

Fillon (right, almost far right, supporter of and supported by the morons who marched against gay marriage). Used to be the one projected to be elected but it was revealed by the press that he stole more than 1 million € from taxpayers by giving fake jobs to his wife and children. He's a real terrible guy, almost as bad as Le Pen and he's supported by the worst possible part of french people. Since the scandale was made public he's projected to be 3rd or 4th (behind Hamon) on the first round.

Most projections give Macron as the winner. He's some kind of Tony Blair, later Blair not the one who won in 1997, rather the Blair of 2003.

Other candidates are Nathalie Arthaud (communist party), Cheminade (crazy person and eternal candidate), Lassale (an old man from Bearn county), Poutou (workers), Dupont aignan (Le Pen light), Asselineau (another Fillon but he's for the Frexit)

In french for more details

http://www.lemonde.fr/election-presidentielle-2017/article/2017/03/18/deux-femmes-neuf-hommes-qui-sont-les-candidats-qualifies-pour-l-election-presidentielle_5096791_4854003.html

I have no favourite this time (last time i voted for Eva Joly first round and Hollande second round against my will but i hated Sarkozy so much i did not want him back).

This time it's very different. Though i like Hamon as a person (i met him 10 years ago) i don't want his party to win. It's supposed to be the left but it drifted to the right in the latest years. A lot of people from this party i don't want to see anymore. That's his main problem, people like him but they don't want his party and inside his party they don't want him either.

I will probably vote for Macron. Not because i like him ( i don't) but i'm shitting myself at the thought of Le Pen or Fillon being president. 

Want i really want is that we move on from the Fifth Republic (instaured by de Gaulle) to the 6th to stop with this presidential nonsense and give the power to the Assembly. The fifth Republic is now more like a monarchy where the president has all the powers and that does not work in today's society.

It's very hard to know what Macron stands for. One week he says something and the contrary the next. A lot of my friends are voting for him for the same reason i'll probably do too.

A lot f people were saying they'd vote for Le Pen to initiate a popular revolution but since Trump won and people voted for him for the same reasons  (well some people thought he would shake the system) and now they can see the terrible result. 

Problems in France are the same as in the US, UK, Germany and every other "big" countries. The crisis created a ne poverty and poverty creates social violence.

I personally don't feel as cool in Paris as i used to be. People have become very agressive and the city is very dirty. I avoid taking the subay as much as i can because it smells like urine, shit, vomit and nasty armpits. It was not like this that much. It got worst. 

Friends tell me they don't live with the constant fear of an attack but the attacks left nonetheless their marks. Wether we lie it or not, admit it or not, we live knowing that it can happen again and again. 

More than a new president my country needs a group therapy by a team of shrinks :)

45 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Apparently the Marine La Peine will for the first time pull through the first round. Scary.

It's not the first time. Her father managed to reach the second round against Chirac in 2002. That's how Chirac managed to do a second term when he was a terrible president.

I was not living in France at the time and came back to vote for the second round. There were massive protests on the streets and People voted for Chirac who won with 80% votes. 

Thing is even if Macron wins this time, the Le Pen family party is growing stronger and stronger. 

And in june after the election of the president there is the Assembly vote where we will vote for the members of the Parliament. Le Pen party has no candidates because her party is an empty shell, some people found themselves her candidates without knowing it. More than 700 members of her party resigned a month ago. She has no one to run the cuntry with and she's already saying that she would open her governement to other political parties but no one wants to go. It's not like Trump who was backed by the Republican party. She's on her own and no one wants to ally with her. If she would be elected president it would cause a major political crisis, riots and popular movements.

Macron on the other hand is a banker, a Brussels puppet so nothing will change. He's socially liberal but totalyy capitalist economically.

People like him because he's young (39) and says he's not from the two big parties (even though he was a minister under Hollande). But contrary to Le Pen he is backed by many from the two big parties, ones who don't like their respective candidates Hamon & Fillon. In fact Macron managed to get the support of ex communists, the right and the left. People who have nothing in common.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Macron is somehow our Trudeau (and i don't trust Trudeau at all behind the well craft image)

That's exactly what I have in mind when I see him: young, kinda cute, but no substance. Says one thing one day, the opposite the other day. Makes a lot of promises, but don't respect any. La chèvre et le choux.

25 minutes ago, runa said:

That's exactly what I have in mind when I see him: young, kinda cute, but no substance. Says one thing one day, the opposite the other day. Makes a lot of promises, but don't respect any. La chèvre et le choux.

Yep. I'm pretty sure they are financially backed by the same people.

3 hours ago, runa said:

But still miles better than Le Pen. He is pro EU, pro gay which is enough to win for me.

La France aveuglée par son partenariat avec le Qatar et l'Arabie saoudite

Frédéric Pons cite le témoignage d’une député yézidie qui reçoit parfois des appels terribles de captives, ayant pu disposer d’un téléphone un court moment. «J’ai été violée 30 fois ce matin raconte l’une d’elles…», «s’il vous plaît, bombardez-nous», implore une autre. Grâce aux témoignages recueillis sur le terrain, l’écrivain nous fait mieux comprendre à travers leur quotidien le calvaire des chrétiens d’Orient. «Les musulmans nous qualifient depuis toujours de Nassirya, de Nazaréens, raconte Toma. C’est un terme insultant dans leur esprit». Malgré les promesses, environ 3600 visas ont été seulement accordés, avec des tracas administratifs dès l’arrivée à Roissy. «Les migrants clandestins musulmans venus de Syrie, de Somalie ou d’Afghanistan ont été mieux traités que nous confie Omar. Mais on a compris qu’à côté de la France officielle, il y avait des Français. Nous en avons rencontré qui nous ont tellement aidés».

http://www.parismatch.com/Actu/International/Daech-a-viole-des-milliers-de-femmes-chretiennes-1214993?link_time=1490008416#utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS2-8

1 hour ago, spazz said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/14/trudeau-isis-liberals-tory-motion-rona-ambrose_n_10463562.html

hes a utter TWAT

Trudeau, Liberal MPs Vote Against Tory Motion Declaring ISIS Atrocities As Genocide

Once again, if you read and hear carefully what he said, you'll understand his motivations. But I won't have this discussion with you, thank you very much. 

Love this thread, thank you Roland. It's so dificult to really understand these politics. We can have some vague idea but only people living in France can understand anything. 

I'm much more scared about Le Pen than about Trump, to be hones. Le Pen can start a dangerous earthquake in the EU, so I hope that other wins. 

On the long run, though, I'm not sure what is better. To explode the EU right nwo and start rethinking the project, or to create that big-hard-core EU with Germany, France, Spain and Italy as main core???? What happens with other smaller and poorer countries who had to make such big efforts to get into the EU? 

Well, better to grasp to what we know: Le Pen shouldn't win. 

There's this big debate on tv tonight, they did not even invite ALL candidates (11) only the 5 ones from the main parties. I'm not even watching because i'm so over it. Months of hearing the same things over and over. It's not like i'm gonna vote with my heart anyway, i know i'll vote to stop Le Pen from winning (and believe me Fillon is not better, in fact since the scandals around him exploded he looks more and more like those american right wingers like Ted Cruz). 

And then we'll have the Assembly vote in june so if the one who will win the presidential election does not get a majority at the Assembly it's gonna be very tough for him or her. 

6 hours ago, GOD said:

I think Le Pig Pen will win. If not now, next time. 

I think that a lot of things can happen in 4 years, and hopefully the EU has some plan to stop empoverishment from people. 

19 hours ago, karbatal said:

I think that a lot of things can happen in 4 years, and hopefully the EU has some plan to stop empoverishment from people. 

And also the mass migration and terrorist attacks. I think Brexit and Trump in a way are a vote against globalization/rise of terror/arrival of many muslims that do not want to integrate within the society. And impoverishment, which is a result in a way of globalization and the fact that there is no communism in  Eastern Europe nowadays which was the reason for a lot of social rights and freedoms to be granted in the West.

58 minutes ago, elijah said:

And also the mass migration and terrorist attacks. I think Brexit and Trump in a way are a vote against globalization/rise of terror/arrival of many muslims that do not want to integrate within the society. And impoverishment, which is a result in a way of globalization and the fact that there is no communism in  Eastern Europe nowadays which was the reason for a lot of social rights and freedoms to be granted in the West.

The thing is that the EU had the opportunity to have the best inner market in the world and could have been independent of the rest of the world but greed made them close down factories in East Europe and now all comes from fucking China.  in the long run China is affecting much more than immigration or whatever: we are competing against a country where there's a dictature that allows slavery.  

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The thing is that the EU had the opportunity to have the best inner market in the world and could have been independent of the rest of the world but greed made them close down factories in East Europe and now all comes from fucking China.  in the long run China is affecting much more than immigration or whatever: we are competing against a country where there's a dictature that allows slavery.  

Yes, that 2, but I think the cultural change and terror within a generation has a lot to do with the rise of far right

I don't think so. Immigration hasn't been a problem at all in the EU until the crisis and the cuttings started and people felt that they got less and less money. Very cleverly orchestrated, some parties have blamed immigration, even though immigrants have nothing to do with our economy being poorer. In fact, immigrants help economy boost and are like fresh air in every system. 

About terrorism... I always think this is part of the orchestrated campaing. EU is not more dangerous now than 5 years ago, and yet it seems as if there's bombings everywhere, which is a lie. 

52 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I don't think so. Immigration hasn't been a problem at all in the EU until the crisis and the cuttings started and people felt that they got less and less money. Very cleverly orchestrated, some parties have blamed immigration, even though immigrants have nothing to do with our economy being poorer. In fact, immigrants help economy boost and are like fresh air in every system. 

About terrorism... I always think this is part of the orchestrated campaing. EU is not more dangerous now than 5 years ago, and yet it seems as if there's bombings everywhere, which is a lie. 

Sorry but I don't agree. Having ghettos everywhere in the eu is not helping the economy and are not a breath of fresh air. The emigration policies should be rethought and in eu should be allowed ppl that respect devision between state and religion. There are a lot of ppl like that from the Middle East. In my opinion there is definite rise of terrorism in eu even compared to 5 years ago. Maybe it doesn't feel like that in Spain Tnx to the basque 

We are not having guettos everywhere in the EU, Elijah. You and I have a very different vision about immigration. In most countries in the EU, there's a national law so anybody who has a work permit has the right to learn the language for free. And once the learn the language, they are independet to move and look for better jobs. In Spain we have no guettos, for example, even though we have millions of immigrants. 

The situation in France is far different, but that's that particular countries. There are not as many guettos for example in UK or Germany. Sometimes there may be some problems, but it's not the case. 

The rise of terrorism is because of the extreme situation in North Africa, because some CUNTS like Obama and Putin decided to go there and fuck everything. But immigrants are not to blame. Remember that most terrorists were French born or Belgian born. 

About immigrants from Middle East in Europe, they are a minority. 

1. Migrants in the EU 

File:Foreign-born residents, by place of birth, EU-28, 2011 (¹) (% of foreign-born population) PF15.png

2. Where do they come from? 

File:Top 20 foreign-born communities living in the EU-28, 2011 PF15.png

I read some article about what do people in different EU contries think about muslims and they thought they were like 20% of popultion, while in fact: 

Self-described religion in the European Union (2012)[1]

Catholic (48%)
  Protestant (12%)
  Orthodox (8%)
  Other Christian (4%)
  Non believer/Agnostic (16%)
  Atheist (7%)
  Muslim (2%)
  Other religion/None stated (3%)

PEOPLE, there's a campaing against Middle East and against muslims. DO NOT BELIEVE BAD JOURNALISM!