MadonnaNation.com Forums
Bat-Fan

rate the tours

3 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Okay...stay delusional.

I'm delusional because we disagree? Gotcha. Avoid me in future threads. We get it...you don't like the tour. But "most people" do. Like I said, all of your theories are just that...theories.

Just now, Shaun said:

I'm delusional because we disagree? Gotcha. Avoid me in future threads. We get it...you don't like the tour. But "most people" do. Like I said, all of your theories are just that...theories.

You are being delusional because you keep ignoring the FACTS not theories but FACTS I presented and act totally biased in regards to it repeatedly saying how excellent it was instead of trying to convince me why exactly it was so excellent. You have not given me a single reason to change my mind other than telling me that her other tours weren't flawfree either. WHAT was so excellent about RHT that made it better than her other tours in your opinion. I'll wait...

In a few years, yall won't be so butthurt over negative opinions in regards to tjis tour. It's the same shit every time. People LOVEEDDD MDNATand now they regarded as one of her worst lol. 

10 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

You are being delusional because you keep ignoring the FACTS not theories but FACTS I presented and act totally biased in regards to it repeatedly saying how excellent it was instead of trying to convince me why exactly it was so excellent. You have not given me a single reason to change my mind other than telling me that her other tours weren't flawfree either. WHAT was so excellent about RHT that made it better than her other tours in your opinion. I'll wait...

In a few years, yall won't be so butthurt over negative opinions in regards to tjis tour. It's the same shit every time. People LOVEEDDD MDNATand now they regarded as one of her worst lol.

Where was I trying to convince anyone of anything? Odd.

I loved Rebel Heart because the set list was to my liking (the show was a perfect mix of Rebel Heart and classics), I thought the costumes were beautiful, the set was great (loved the main stage's rising/moving screen, staircase, Illuminati poles, her entrance cage, etc.), the aesthetics were eye-popping (the Flapper section in particular was just gorgeous), Madonna's voice sounded incredible, it contains my favorite La Isla Bonita and Deeper And Deeper, she reinvented Like A Virgin once again (and made me fall in love with it again), and her intimate acoustic section at the heart was very exciting to me. One of my favorite tours. I didn't feel this way about many of her other tours. I love it. You loathe it.

There. You didn't have to wait long.

Oh, and, I thought MDNA was brilliant in 2012 and still consider it her best tour.

1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

RIT is similar to RHT. Both were very try-hard GH Tours but RIT was more well executed than RHT and seemed much bigger. The interludes, screen projections, the costumes and mist importantly the song arrangements were far superior.

The only thing that dates RIT really is the limitations of screen technology at the time. That long middle screen would have cost a pretty penny back then, it wasn't one of those screens made up of giant pixels that look okay from a distance but shit up close but a proper lcd. Technology being what it is,  it was outdated pretty quickly. That's where a more ambitious lighting design would have come in handy for RIT, but we can blame Jamie King for letting go of Peter Morse who had worked so flawlessly on her previous tours.

This doesn't explain why for the first time a step backwards was taken from the majestic showcasing of MDNA to the less impressive RHT complete with smaller screens, very ordinary lighting design (that wasn't even diffused properly on certain nights including the DVD taping) forgettable backdrops (excluding the opening number) A whole section with no production value at all except a montage made up of fan images etc.

I can honestly say that my expectation of what RHT would be based upon the album itself and based upon the MDNA tour were not really met. It was a fun, cute little show. No Madonna show will ever be BAD of course, but this just seemed like somewhat of a missed opportunity, if not simply just a contractual obligation.

I completely understand your feelings about the show, @Kim. I can see why it didn't meet your expectations. And I agree, MDNA set the bar very high.

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I completely understand your feelings about the show, @Kim. I can see why it didn't meet your expectations. And I agree, MDNA set the bar very high.

And I understand why you rate it so much :thumbsup: It would be a boring old world (and forum) if we all agreed on everything afterall.

50 minutes ago, Kim said:

This doesn't explain why for the first time a step backwards was taken from the majestic showcasing of MDNA to the less impressive RHT complete with smaller screens, very ordinary lighting design (that wasn't even diffused properly on certain nights including the DVD taping) forgettable backdrops (excluding the opening number) A whole section with no production value at all except a montage made up of fan images etc.

Cuz they made a fuck of a lot less money on MDNA with that overhead...ticket sales were okay, but soft

compared 2 Sticky, circa Rebel Heart a downsize was due...not only 4 M, but the touring industry as a whole was

doing smaller numbers. RHT was obviously done on a budget 4 a reason.

29 minutes ago, acko said:

RHT was obviously done on a budget 4 a reason.

Yes. but when you make that point explicitly clear, the pitchforks come out, so I was skirting around the issue. Say that RHT was done on the cheap because of declining tour revenue and you get called a heretic and hater.

Although I would say that the cutbacks came when the numbers for RHT sales started trickling in as they were in pre production. I think MDNA did fine numbers wise.

However, one expects a certain standard of production value when paying the silly money that they are robbing off her fans. The same size screens and same rote lighting design that you'd get at any other concert isn't on. I did have a laugh at that old fax from Madonna to Christopher raging about how much money they were spending on The Girlie Show and how Blond Ambition didn't make her the cash she was expecting. Imagine those iconic concerts done on the cheap?!

Anyone who saw RH Live would not have a reason to complain about the tour, it was MAGICAL, end of story...

On 08/09/2017 at 3:36 PM, Kim said:

However, one expects a certain standard of production value when paying the silly money that they are robbing 

Well, like our mutual friend told me : 'It was great but I don't ever want 2 c her do a show like that again' :lol:

On 9 September 2017 at 8:05 AM, rebelheart said:

Anyone who saw RH Live would not have a reason to complain about the tour, it was MAGICAL, end of story...

It was magic, you are 100% right. I got to see it from the third row and the attention to detail was phenomenal. From the costumes to the sets and choreography, it was just amazing and far from done on the cheap. Every number was thrilling and entertaining and Madonna was beautiful and engaging. The only parts I didn't like were the boring interludes (aside from Illuminati which is one of her best) but only because I've gotten used to brand new videos being shot for them. S.E.X was great live but I would have loved to have seen more of the sexy school teacher footage instead of the Erotica video which we have all seen a million times. Casual fans probably wouldn't have cared about such details. The whole opening section was breathtaking as was the staging and vocals of True Blue and Heartbreak City/LDLHA. Seeing Living For Love was what I was most looking forward to and it truly delivered, I couldn't appreciate the rest of the Latin section because I was closer to the main stage and couldn't really see much but I got Take a Bow and the medley at my show in Brisbane so I was bloody stoked anyway. I'm bored of Music at this point but she ad libbed Hanky Panky which was fun and Candy Shop and Unapologetic Bitch were absolute highlight's. Lastly for all the shit Holiday got, I loved it, the crowd loved it and the bass was insane.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:01 AM, S.E.X. said:

It's also funny that she had an in-ear-man this time giving her directions. It only further proves the theory that most of the show wasn't rehearsed well enough

We dont really know if that was already in place in other tours as its the only time somome hacking into her headset

But RH is prob her least visual show since WTG

The standart music backgrounds on interlude!!

theres no very Iconic moment/performance IMO, actually the best numbers for the first time are the sit down (true blue, whos that girl, TAB, LAP) but A casual fan would like RHT much more than MDNA or S&S

2 hours ago, Starman said:

But RH is prob her least visual show since WTG

The standart music backgrounds on interlude!!

theres no very Iconic moment/performance IMO, actually the best numbers for the first time are the sit down (true blue, whos that girl, TAB, LAP) but A casual fan would like RHT much more than MDNA or S&S

I agree, the closer we get from an iconic moment it was Holy Water. It was a different tour from what we were used, but I think it fits well with CT, GS, WTG, so RHT was a great concert tour also. Let's see what Madonna will bring next :brenspin:

23 minutes ago, lautert said:

I agree, the closer we get from an iconic moment it was Holy Water. It was a different tour from what we were used, but I think it fits well with CT, GS, WTG, so RHT was a great concert tour also. Let's see what Madonna will bring next :brenspin:

I Agree on Holy Water , i just feel the performance backdrop and the staging felt very empty until the finale.

Love the oufit, i think she looked super sexy

On 8 September 2017 at 7:45 PM, S.E.X. said:

Okay...stay delusional. Most people agree that RHT was her most uncohesive setlist.

Sure, her other tours had a few moments like that but Rebel Heart had these moments in every section. Add the awful costumes, watered down album renditions and subpar visuals to it and you have her worst out of her post-2001 tours.

If you think it was excellent despite these flaws doesn't matter. Taste is always subjective. It's still a fact that this show was her least elaborate and most rushed in recent times.

Were we at the same show???

RHT is rated so low with you. Hmmm. I thought is was her second or third best after BAT and maybe CT.

1. Confessions

2. BAT

3. MDNA

4. DWT

5. RHT

6. TGS

7. Virgin

8. RIT

9. S&S

10. WTG