Who's That Girl
MDNA
Sticky & Sweet
Re-Invention
Rebel Heart
Drowned World
Girlie Show

Shaun    0

The theories in this thread. :lmao: Rebel Heart was glitzy, escapist, and visually stunning. People got confused seeing workshop videos and ended up convincing themselves they were watching rehearsals. Then, when they didn't see drums or a section didn't flow to their liking, decided the budget was cut and the entire tour received an overhaul.

The show was excellent.

Bat-Fan    0
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

The theories in this thread. :lmao: Rebel Heart was glitzy, escapist, and visually stunning. People got confused seeing workshop videos and ended up convincing themselves they were watching rehearsals. Then, when they didn't see drums or a section didn't flow to their liking, decided the budget was cut and the entire tour received an overhaul.

The show was excellent.

I am surprised how low RHT is on most lists, I consider it one of her best tours, I would say BAT, RHT and CT as top 3.

Rugbyguy    0
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

The show was excellent.

Thank you for saying that. I basically got called a retard when the tour started when I expressed similar views to yours.

Kennedy    0

Girlie Show

Blond Ambition

Confessions

ReInvention

Sticky & Sweet

Rebel Heart

Drowned World

MDNA

Who's That Girl

Virgin

Brasileiro    0

1. Blond Ambition - There is a before and after perception of performance for concerts universally because of it.

2. MDNA - Madge as the femme fatale she was born to play. That opening!!!

3. Confessions - As smoothly perfect as the album ✨

4. Drowned World Tour - Madonna THE Artist right in front of your eyes. The Paradise interlude might be her best ever.

5. Girlie Show - Madge at her most theatrical and raw yet.

6. Sticky & Sweet - My first time in Rio at the Maracanã... When Like a Prayer came on: mythology became flesh and blood.  Borderline punk style was heaven. Give it to me was the best closing ever!

Bat-Fan    0
16 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

1. Blond Ambition - There is a before and after perception of performance for concerts universally because of it.

4. Drowned World Tour - Madonna THE Artist right in front of your eyes. The Paradise interlude might be her best ever.

6. Sticky & Sweet - My first time in Rio at the Maracanã... When Like a Prayer came on: mythology became flesh and blood.  Borderline punk style was heaven. Give it to me was the best closing ever!

Where is RIT and RHT?

Shaun    0
18 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

Where is Virgin and Who's That Girl?

Brasileiro    0

I liked RIT, the opening was fantastically fit Madge and loved the Deeper and Deeper Version. I don't remember the rest 😳

I didn't go to RHT but after watching the clips I would probably enjoyed LFL, BIM... I didn't care how she looked on it for the most part :/

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Where is RIT and RHT?

Brasileiro    0
43 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Where is Virgin and Who's That Girl?

I didn't go to them :/ I was too young but I'm sure I would have loved them. Particularly Gambler 🙏🏽✨

Shaun    0
2 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

I didn't go to RHT but after watching the clips I would probably enjoyed LFL, BIM... I didn't care how she looked on it for the most part :/

tenor.gif

Brasileiro    0
2 hours ago, Shaun said:

heheh... I truly didn't.  She looked so gorgeous during the MDNA tour (except the cheerleader part).  I'm sure people loved the RHT but personally I love Madonna as the bionic woman I grew to love :)

Nick    0

Kinda difficult to adequately judge RHT since I saw only half of it on showtime & didnt attend -tour in person.

Boy do I regret it...

1. DWT (my first Madonna concert. A real UNAPOLOGETIC show. Great vocals, set list, staging)

2. MDNA (An amazing show for her worst album. Love the set list, the cheerleader section was misplaced though, it belonged later in the show and with an extra song)

3. The Girlie Show (perfection)

4. The Confessions Tour (again, perfection)

5. Rebel Heart Tour (first segment a little bit of a mess, Bitch belonged at the end with the video theme but I'm a sucker for the Japanese theme so I loved it anyway, the cage entrance was BORING but whatever. I was also very lucky to witness some "rare" moments like the medley, who's that girl, ghosttown and secret in Torino and also true blue was a dream come true and so was love don't live Here anymore. Worst interludes of her career bar Illuminati. Album mixes. Really bitch? Holiday was a little bit of a bore, it didn't look like a closing number at all. Great costumes. 

6. Blond Ambition Tour (Iconic but some performances like material girl and cherish are lame, don't like the into the groove costume, I believe most of the best of the snow in TOD but the lack of the full show from Paris is a disgrace)

7. Sticky & Sweet (I had so much fun, I love hard candy and it's basically part 2 of The who's that girl tour. The second leg was much better then the first one)

8. Who's That Girl Tour (Madonna conquers the world. I love it)

9. RIT (probably her worst tour. I went 5 times and I had a blast, I went into the pit and I loved hearing so many classics for the first time. But the show hasn't aged very well, costumes were ugly bar the corset and some versiomes were too much karaoke for me, like like a prayer. The show  was little bit of a mess really)

10. Virgin Tour (never really cared for it, but it's a good 80s show I guess). 

acko    0

01. The Drowned World Tour - The balls of it all 2 hit the stage after that drought with an unpleasant, in ur face an virtually hitless dystopia. This was her David Bowie in the 70's moment, performing 4 his slightly confused 80's audience. He 's not doing Let's Dance!? Oh... .
02. The Girlie Show - How do u spell sophisticated? That one went right over the heads of the MTV generation. Her best choreography ever. Also the best directed show I've ever seen on video or in the flesh, Thank u Christopher. Also known as Sara Jessica Parker's favourite concert of all time.
03. The Blond Ambition Tour - The stuff of legend, paired with Truth or Dare it features some of her best and most important work. It's up there with the legendary rock shows of the 60's and the 70's. Say 'Blond Ambition' and people actually know what your talking about. At this point it's like a gay equivalent of Woodstock. Where u there?
04. Sticky & Sweet - I saw this show six times in several countries and it kept getting better and better each time. Round II at Bercy was the best time I ever had at a concert. I love how she continuously looked 2 challenge herself throughout the show. Featuring my favourite tour body ever. Bitch is hard.
05. MDNA - She raised the bar once again, after BAT and DWT this was the third time around she created a new template.

06. Who's That Girl World Tour - A superstar hits the world stage, for the very first time. The contrast with The Virgin Tour, just two years earlier, was shocking. Basic bitches really don't know the meaning of the word Reinvention.
07. Rebel Heart - This was the first mass event here after the lockdown in Brussels due 2 terrorist threats, I'll never forget her warmth and that of the audience, it was truly special.
08. The Virgin Tour - I've been a fan since I was five #Ladygaga, my mother was a super fan and my earliest childhood memories are listening 2 the album and watching the VHS tape Over & Over, with my momma.

09. Confessions Tour - Probably the best translation of album's general vibe to a stage that I've ever witnessed. Her physique was astounding.

10. Re-Invention World Tour - Oh.

Rock    0
On 04/09/2017 at 6:42 PM, acko said:

:lmao:

IsaacHarris    0
On 9/4/2017 at 1:42 PM, acko said:

01. The Drowned World Tour - The balls of it all 2 hit the stage after that drought with an unpleasant, in ur face an virtually hitless dystopia. This was her David Bowie in the 70's moment, performing 4 his slightly confused 80's audience. He 's not doing Let's Dance!? Oh :rotfl:
02. The Girlie Show - How do u spell sophisticated? That one went right over the heads of the MTV generation. Her best choreography ever. Also the best directed show I've ever seen on video or in the flesh, Thank u Christopher. Also known as Sara Jessica Parker's favourite concert of all time.
03. The Blond Ambition Tour - The stuff of legend, paired with Truth or Dare it features some of her best and most important work. It's up there with the legendary rock shows of the 60's and the 70's. Say 'Blond Ambition' and people actually know what your talking about. At this point it's like a gay equivalent of Woodstock. Where u there?
04. Sticky & Sweet - I saw this show six times in several countries and it kept getting better and better each time. Round II at Bercy was the best time I ever had at a concert. I love how she continuously looked 2 challenge herself throughout the show. Featuring my favourite tour body ever. Bitch is hard. :wow:
05. MDNA - She raised the bar once again, after BAT and DWT this was the third time around she created a new template.

06. Who's That Girl World Tour - A superstar hits the world stage, for the very first time. The contrast with The Virgin Tour, just two years earlier, was shocking. Basic bitches really don't know the meaning of the word Reinvention.
07. Rebel Heart - This was the first mass event here after the lockdown in Brussels due 2 terrorist threats, I'll never forget her warmth and that of the audience, it was truly special.
08. The Virgin Tour - I've been a fan since I was five #Ladygaga, my mother was a super fan and my earliest childhood memories are listening 2 the album and watching the VHS tape Over & Over, with my momma.

09. Confessions Tour - Probably the best translation of album's general vibe to a stage that I've ever witnessed. Her physique was astounding.

These reviews are LIFE!

Bat-Fan    0
29 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

These reviews are LIFE!

I agree, I love when with the rank comes a review, the last two were awesome.

S.E.X.    0
On 1.9.2017 at 2:29 AM, Shaun said:

The show was excellent.

Not a theory but a fact.

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times and made some drastic changes to incorporate more classics. It's in one of the interviews that appeared in a magazine.

The show was shit cause it didn't live up to the potential the album offered. It was a very unbalanced setlist that ignored her three best albums entirely. 

It didn't flow because there were too many visual ideas that were squeezed into the sections. No flow, sonically. (How do you go from Body Shop/True Blue in Rockabilly fashion to a Disco segment in Deeper and Deeper to HBC/LDLHA and then to an improvised performance of Like a Virgin that sounded more oriental?) 

It was just all over the damn place and simply made no sense. All her other tours made sense and were consistent in one way or another. RHT wasn't.

38 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Not a theory but a fact.

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times and made some drastic changes to incorporate more classics. It's in one of the interviews that appeared in a magazine.

The show was shit cause it didn't live up to the potential the album offered. It was a very unbalanced setlist that ignored her three best albums entirely. 

It didn't flow because there were too many visual ideas that were squeezed into the sections. No flow, sonically. (How do you go from Body Shop/True Blue in Rockabilly fashion to a Disco segment in Deeper and Deeper to HBC/LDLHA and then to an improvised performance of Like a Virgin that sounded more oriental?) 

It was just all over the damn place and simply made no sense. All her other tours made sense and were consistent in one way or another. RHT wasn't.

RIT was less consistent and made less sense. I agree Rebel looked weird sometimes though. The LAV performance was just a not to the Blond Ambition one (the oriental sample is the same) but other than that there was nothing oriental about it. 

Edited by cosmic_system

loowee    0
1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

Not a theory but a fact.

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times.

This literally applies to every single Madonna tour.

S.E.X.    0
4 minutes ago, loowee said:

No it doesn't. 

Most of her others tours really only had minor changes but the setlist was done early on and didn't change much. M is not very flexible when it comes to her setlists because she wanted to spendmore time on rehearsals. 

It's also funny that she had an in-ear-man this time giving her directions. It only further proves the theory that most of the show wasn't rehearsed well enough cause they kept changing things last minute.

42 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

RIT was less consistent and made less sense. I agree Rebel looked weird sometimes though. The LAV performance was just a not to the Blond Ambition one (the oriental sample is the same) but other than that there was nothing oriental about it. 

RIT is similar to RHT. Both were very try-hard GH Tours but RIT was more well executed than RHT and seemed much bigger. The interludes, screen projections, the costumes and mist importantly the song arrangements were far superior.

Shaun    0
2 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times and made some drastic changes

As she has for several tours. You're really reaching by acting like RH doesn't make sense but every other tour does. As if going from a stoic Open Your Heart to a boxing match for Causing A Commotion makes sense or horses and disco balls connect seamlessly or wearing a Marie Antoinette ensemble for Frozen fits with the previous performance of Nobody Knows Me somehow. Madonna's tours are full of conflicting symbolism and metaphors, left open to audience interpretation. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree here...in a huge way. RH was fucking brilliant.

Shaun    0
1 hour ago, loowee said:

Yep. Set lists scribbled on notebook paper with multiple cross-outs and revisions, continuous workshops that show songs being added and cut, video footage we have of her musicians toying with multiple arrangements, etc. Happens every tour...and will continue to happen in the future.

S.E.X.    0
12 minutes ago, Shaun said:

As she has for several tours. You're really reaching by acting like RH doesn't make sense but every other tour does. As if going from a stoic Open Your Heart to a boxing match for Causing A Commotion makes sense or horses and disco balls connect seamlessly or wearing a Marie Antoinette ensemble for Frozen fits with the previous performance of Nobody Knows Me somehow. Madonna's tours are full of conflicting symbolism and metaphors, left open to audience interpretation. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree here...in a huge way. RH was fucking brilliant.

11 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yep. Set lists scribbled on notebook paper with multiple cross-outs and revisions, continuous workshops that show songs being added and cut, video footage we have of her musicians toying with multiple arrangements, etc. Happens every tour...and will continue to happen in the future.

Okay...stay delusional. Most people agree that RHT was her most uncohesive setlist.

Sure, her other tours had a few moments like that but Rebel Heart had these moments in every section. Add the awful costumes, watered down album renditions and subpar visuals to it and you have her worst out of her post-2001 tours.

If you think it was excellent despite these flaws doesn't matter. Taste is always subjective. It's still a fact that this show was her least elaborate and most rushed in recent times.