Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Bat-Fan

rate the tours

Recommended Posts

Impossible to rank. They are all a 10/10 and different from each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim said:

I'd love to know what was behind the lack of budget on RHT.

Well it's her first arena-based tour in ages, RH didn't perform well and they had to ship the stage across to Asia and Australia so I don't think the stage production was meant to be extravagant to begin with. Tickets sales turnt out to be lukewarm and worse than they expected so there's another chunk of budget taken off. I also think she restructured the setlist after seeing how ticket sales were going in order to secure some old fans back. RHT was basically just another RIT in terms of the budget/setlist strategy. 

And none of that would've been necessary if she just shows up on stage a bit earlier. MDNAT killed her touring reputation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, loowee said:

Well it's her first arena-based tour in ages, RH didn't perform well and they had to ship the stage across to Asia and Australia so I don't think the stage production was meant to be extravagant to begin with. Tickets sales turnt out to be lukewarm and worse than they expected so there's another chunk of budget taken off. I also think she restructured the setlist after seeing how ticket sales were going in order to secure some old fans back. RHT was basically just another RIT in terms of the budget/setlist strategy. 

And none of that would've been necessary if she just shows up on stage a bit earlier. MDNAT killed her touring reputation.

Also the MDNA setlist didnt help. Visually stunning, but musically, not that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really liked mdna setlist because it was way out from left field....

Problem was it pissed off a lot of casual fans & some long time stans as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kim said:

I'd love to know what was behind the lack of budget on RHT. Those interludes were the laziest of her entire career. To take the RIT comparison further, the Bedtime Story interlude leaves them for dust.

I think it's because she kept changing the setlist. I don't think it was always going to be as 80s centric. A lot of it seemed very impromptu if you know what I mean?

Lots of acoustic renditions, album mixes, versions done by fans almost 8 years ago...Not bad by any means but it seems a little rushed?

The original SEX interlude was scrapped and only three frames were included. It was also oddly placed before the Latin segment. Deeper and Deeper uses the Don't Tell Me choreography and it also seemed rather odd in that Rockabilly segment.

The first section seemed like two sections squeezed into one and it also seems that BIM was moved to the beginning despite being originally part of the encore (as hinted by Sander Kleinenberg). Burning Up was used to have a costume change for the dancers and probably not part of the setlist originally. It was also the same version done on RIT.

I think the SEX/Religious segment was originally a section of its own. The Rockabilly segment probably didn't exist and was more of an apocalyptic/medieval section and part of the opening. Messiah...idk...I think it might have also been an actual performance at first. Same as Justify My Love/Whole Lotta Love.

 I think she had to merge a lot of original ideas into a 24 track setlist, hence the many last minute changes and odd track placement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Blond Ambition 

2. Sticky and Sweet

3. Rebel Heart

4. MDNA

5. Girlie Show

6. Confessions

7. Drowned World

8. Virgin

9. Who's That Girl

10. RIT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that nobody has the same list. That is a very good thing. I have noticed MDNA is very often either at the top or near bottom of peoples list, I guess people either love it or hate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MDNA visually, logistically and it's production are all flawless. It was just fucking breath taking to experience live.

The staging, props, lighting no expense spared what a triumph !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.Sticky and Sweet (first time i saw madonna and first time i went to a concert of  international artist)
2.MDNA (first time watching madonna from front row and unfortunately last time at the moment)

3.Confessions
4.RIT

5.Rebel Heart
6.Girlie Show
7.Blond Ambition 
8.Drowned World
9.Who's That Girl
10.Virgin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blond Ambition
Virgin
Confessions
Who's That Girl
MDNA
Sticky & Sweet
Re-Invention
Rebel Heart
Drowned World
Girlie Show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The theories in this thread. :lmao: Rebel Heart was glitzy, escapist, and visually stunning. People got confused seeing workshop videos and ended up convincing themselves they were watching rehearsals. Then, when they didn't see drums or a section didn't flow to their liking, decided the budget was cut and the entire tour received an overhaul.

The show was excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

The theories in this thread. :lmao: Rebel Heart was glitzy, escapist, and visually stunning. People got confused seeing workshop videos and ended up convincing themselves they were watching rehearsals. Then, when they didn't see drums or a section didn't flow to their liking, decided the budget was cut and the entire tour received an overhaul.

The show was excellent.

I am surprised how low RHT is on most lists, I consider it one of her best tours, I would say BAT, RHT and CT as top 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

The theories in this thread. :lmao: Rebel Heart was glitzy, escapist, and visually stunning. People got confused seeing workshop videos and ended up convincing themselves they were watching rehearsals. Then, when they didn't see drums or a section didn't flow to their liking, decided the budget was cut and the entire tour received an overhaul.

The show was excellent.

Thank you for saying that. I basically got called a retard when the tour started when I expressed similar views to yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girlie Show

Blond Ambition

Confessions

ReInvention

Sticky & Sweet

Rebel Heart

Drowned World

MDNA

Who's That Girl

Virgin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Blond Ambition - There is a before and after perception of performance for concerts universally because of it.

2. MDNA - Madge as the femme fatale she was born to play. That opening!!!

3. Confessions - As smoothly perfect as the album ✨

4. Drowned World Tour - Madonna THE Artist right in front of your eyes. The Paradise interlude might be her best ever.

5. Girlie Show - Madge at her most theatrical and raw yet.

6. Sticky & Sweet - My first time in Rio at the Maracanã... When Like a Prayer came on: mythology became flesh and blood.  Borderline punk style was heaven. Give it to me was the best closing ever!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

1. Blond Ambition - There is a before and after perception of performance for concerts universally because of it.

2. MDNA - Madge as the femme fatale she was born to play. That opening!!!

3. Confessions - As smoothly perfect as the album ✨

4. Drowned World Tour - Madonna THE Artist right in front of your eyes. The Paradise interlude might be her best ever.

5. Girlie Show - Madge at her most theatrical and raw yet.

6. Sticky & Sweet - My first time in Rio at the Maracanã... When Like a Prayer came on: mythology became flesh and blood.  Borderline punk style was heaven. Give it to me was the best closing ever!

 

Where is RIT and RHT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

1. Blond Ambition - There is a before and after perception of performance for concerts universally because of it.

2. MDNA - Madge as the femme fatale she was born to play. That opening!!!

3. Confessions - As smoothly perfect as the album ✨

4. Drowned World Tour - Madonna THE Artist right in front of your eyes. The Paradise interlude might be her best ever.

5. Girlie Show - Madge at her most theatrical and raw yet.

6. Sticky & Sweet - My first time in Rio at the Maracanã... When Like a Prayer came on: mythology became flesh and blood.  Borderline punk style was heaven. Give it to me was the best closing ever!

 

Where is Virgin and Who's That Girl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked RIT, the opening was fantastically fit Madge and loved the Deeper and Deeper Version. I don't remember the rest 😳

I didn't go to RHT but after watching the clips I would probably enjoyed LFL, BIM... I didn't care how she looked on it for the most part :/

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Where is RIT and RHT?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Where is Virgin and Who's That Girl?

I didn't go to them :/ I was too young but I'm sure I would have loved them. Particularly Gambler 🙏🏽✨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

I didn't go to RHT but after watching the clips I would probably enjoyed LFL, BIM... I didn't care how she looked on it for the most part :/

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaun said:

heheh... I truly didn't.  She looked so gorgeous during the MDNA tour (except the cheerleader part).  I'm sure people loved the RHT but personally I love Madonna as the bionic woman I grew to love :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda difficult to adequately judge RHT since I saw only half of it on showtime & didnt attend -tour in person.

Boy do I regret it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. DWT (my first Madonna concert. A real UNAPOLOGETIC show. Great vocals, set list, staging)

2. MDNA (An amazing show for her worst album. Love the set list, the cheerleader section was misplaced though, it belonged later in the show and with an extra song)

3. The Girlie Show (perfection)

4. The Confessions Tour (again, perfection)

5. Rebel Heart Tour (first segment a little bit of a mess, Bitch belonged at the end with the video theme but I'm a sucker for the Japanese theme so I loved it anyway, the cage entrance was BORING but whatever. I was also very lucky to witness some "rare" moments like the medley, who's that girl, ghosttown and secret in Torino and also true blue was a dream come true and so was love don't live Here anymore. Worst interludes of her career bar Illuminati. Album mixes. Really bitch? Holiday was a little bit of a bore, it didn't look like a closing number at all. Great costumes. 

6. Blond Ambition Tour (Iconic but some performances like material girl and cherish are lame, don't like the into the groove costume, I believe most of the best of the snow in TOD but the lack of the full show from Paris is a disgrace)

7. Sticky & Sweet (I had so much fun, I love hard candy and it's basically part 2 of The who's that girl tour. The second leg was much better then the first one)

8. Who's That Girl Tour (Madonna conquers the world. I love it)

9. RIT (probably her worst tour. I went 5 times and I had a blast, I went into the pit and I loved hearing so many classics for the first time. But the show hasn't aged very well, costumes were ugly bar the corset and some versiomes were too much karaoke for me, like like a prayer. The show  was little bit of a mess really)

10. Virgin Tour (never really cared for it, but it's a good 80s show I guess). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

01. The Drowned World Tour - The balls of it all 2 hit the stage after that drought with an unpleasant, in ur face an virtually hitless dystopia. This was her David Bowie in the 70's moment, performing 4 his slightly confused 80's audience. He 's not doing Let's Dance!? Oh... .
02. The Girlie Show - How do u spell sophisticated? That one went right over the heads of the MTV generation. Her best choreography ever. Also the best directed show I've ever seen on video or in the flesh, Thank u Christopher. Also known as Sara Jessica Parker's favourite concert of all time.
03. The Blond Ambition Tour - The stuff of legend, paired with Truth or Dare it features some of her best and most important work. It's up there with the legendary rock shows of the 60's and the 70's. Say 'Blond Ambition' and people actually know what your talking about. At this point it's like a gay equivalent of Woodstock. Where u there?
04. Sticky & Sweet - I saw this show six times in several countries and it kept getting better and better each time. Round II at Bercy was the best time I ever had at a concert. I love how she continuously looked 2 challenge herself throughout the show. Featuring my favourite tour body ever. Bitch is hard.
05. MDNA - She raised the bar once again, after BAT and DWT this was the third time around she created a new template.

06. Who's That Girl World Tour - A superstar hits the world stage, for the very first time. The contrast with The Virgin Tour, just two years earlier, was shocking. Basic bitches really don't know the meaning of the word Reinvention.
07. Rebel Heart - This was the first mass event here after the lockdown in Brussels due 2 terrorist threats, I'll never forget her warmth and that of the audience, it was truly special.
08. The Virgin Tour - I've been a fan since I was five #Ladygaga, my mother was a super fan and my earliest childhood memories are listening 2 the album and watching the VHS tape Over & Over, with my momma.

09. Confessions Tour - Probably the best translation of album's general vibe to a stage that I've ever witnessed. Her physique was astounding.

10. Re-Invention World Tour - Oh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2017 at 6:42 PM, acko said:

10. Re-Invention World Tour - Oh.

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 1:42 PM, acko said:

01. The Drowned World Tour - The balls of it all 2 hit the stage after that drought with an unpleasant, in ur face an virtually hitless dystopia. This was her David Bowie in the 70's moment, performing 4 his slightly confused 80's audience. He 's not doing Let's Dance!? Oh :rotfl:
02. The Girlie Show - How do u spell sophisticated? That one went right over the heads of the MTV generation. Her best choreography ever. Also the best directed show I've ever seen on video or in the flesh, Thank u Christopher. Also known as Sara Jessica Parker's favourite concert of all time.
03. The Blond Ambition Tour - The stuff of legend, paired with Truth or Dare it features some of her best and most important work. It's up there with the legendary rock shows of the 60's and the 70's. Say 'Blond Ambition' and people actually know what your talking about. At this point it's like a gay equivalent of Woodstock. Where u there?
04. Sticky & Sweet - I saw this show six times in several countries and it kept getting better and better each time. Round II at Bercy was the best time I ever had at a concert. I love how she continuously looked 2 challenge herself throughout the show. Featuring my favourite tour body ever. Bitch is hard. :wow:
05. MDNA - She raised the bar once again, after BAT and DWT this was the third time around she created a new template.

06. Who's That Girl World Tour - A superstar hits the world stage, for the very first time. The contrast with The Virgin Tour, just two years earlier, was shocking. Basic bitches really don't know the meaning of the word Reinvention.
07. Rebel Heart - This was the first mass event here after the lockdown in Brussels due 2 terrorist threats, I'll never forget her warmth and that of the audience, it was truly special.
08. The Virgin Tour - I've been a fan since I was five #Ladygaga, my mother was a super fan and my earliest childhood memories are listening 2 the album and watching the VHS tape Over & Over, with my momma.

09. Confessions Tour - Probably the best translation of album's general vibe to a stage that I've ever witnessed. Her physique was astounding.

10. Re-Invention World Tour - Oh.

 

These reviews are LIFE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

 

These reviews are LIFE!

I agree, I love when with the rank comes a review, the last two were awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.9.2017 at 2:29 AM, Shaun said:

The theories in this thread. :lmao: Rebel Heart was glitzy, escapist, and visually stunning. People got confused seeing workshop videos and ended up convincing themselves they were watching rehearsals. Then, when they didn't see drums or a section didn't flow to their liking, decided the budget was cut and the entire tour received an overhaul.

The show was excellent.

Not a theory but a fact.

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times and made some drastic changes to incorporate more classics. It's in one of the interviews that appeared in a magazine.

The show was shit cause it didn't live up to the potential the album offered. It was a very unbalanced setlist that ignored her three best albums entirely. 

It didn't flow because there were too many visual ideas that were squeezed into the sections. No flow, sonically. (How do you go from Body Shop/True Blue in Rockabilly fashion to a Disco segment in Deeper and Deeper to HBC/LDLHA and then to an improvised performance of Like a Virgin that sounded more oriental?) 

It was just all over the damn place and simply made no sense. All her other tours made sense and were consistent in one way or another. RHT wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Not a theory but a fact.

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times and made some drastic changes to incorporate more classics. It's in one of the interviews that appeared in a magazine.

The show was shit cause it didn't live up to the potential the album offered. It was a very unbalanced setlist that ignored her three best albums entirely. 

It didn't flow because there were too many visual ideas that were squeezed into the sections. No flow, sonically. (How do you go from Body Shop/True Blue in Rockabilly fashion to a Disco segment in Deeper and Deeper to HBC/LDLHA and then to an improvised performance of Like a Virgin that sounded more oriental?) 

It was just all over the damn place and simply made no sense. All her other tours made sense and were consistent in one way or another. RHT wasn't.

RIT was less consistent and made less sense. I agree Rebel looked weird sometimes though. The LAV performance was just a not to the Blond Ambition one (the oriental sample is the same) but other than that there was nothing oriental about it. 

 

 

 

Edited by cosmic_system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

Not a theory but a fact.

She herself said that she changed the setlist countless times.

This literally applies to every single Madonna tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×