MadonnaNation.com Forums
Jamesy

LAP video explained - by Madonna herself - in detail!

that was fantastic, thanks for posting

Ah, the ALBUM was #1 for 6 weeks (not the single).  Thanks for clearing that up.  What a song.  What an album.  What an artist.

It was rather interesting back then, hearing all the news/media outlets saying "Madonna was making love on an alter to a black Jesus".  They had no idea about the story-line or the symbolism.  I "sort of" knew what it all meant (the black patron saint, the stigmata, the murder scene, the burning crosses.....the WHOLE story).  People can be dense at times.  Thank God M is always ahead of the curve and thinking outside the box.  

It was a good read and I do wish that one day we can get more input into what she actually wanted to portray in every single video and song.....through her own words.  I'm sure there are many videos/songs that I think I have figured out that has a totally different meaning from her perspective.?  It, to this day, amazes me how deep, thoughtful, spiritual....yet REAL....this woman is!!!  She truly is a "one of a kind".   

I knew there was so much controversy over the video for Like a Prayer but in my eyes from the moment I first saw it, it was always a beautiful and epic video about injustice and racism. .  I always found it very moving and suited the song perfectly with a great message.  

I would love to hear more of Madonna's descriptions of  many of her videos. If she ever does another "Question and answer"  session with her fans,  I would love to ask her to describe what so many of videos meant and her reasoning behind them.  Her videos have always been more interesting than anyone's else. 

8 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I knew there was so much controversy over the video for Like a Prayer but in my eyes from the moment I first saw it, it was always a beautiful and epic video about injustice and racism. .  I always found it very moving and suited the song perfectly with a great message.  

I would love to hear more of Madonna's descriptions of  many of her videos. If she ever does another "Question and answer"  session with her fans,  I would love to ask her to describe what so many of videos meant and her reasoning behind them.  Her videos have always been more interesting than anyone's else. 

:- disco