MadonnaNation.com Forums

We all know that Guy asked Sia to submit some demos for Madonna to consider for MDNA, but, according to Sia herself, none of them were accepted.  Given how much material Sia has released since then, I wonder if any of those tracks originated from those demos?  It's unlikely she would have scrapped the demos completely (she would have brought out her A game for Madonna - she's a huge fan and would have jumped at the chance to work with her), so it would be interesting to know what she did with them. 

Thoughts?

Would also love to know what songs were submitted.  Sia is a huge Madonna fan from way back.  I think it would be very interesting if they both worked together as song writers as well.  Would love to hear what they would come up with together. 

I remember reading on several forums she penned a ballad reminiscent of "Live to tell" for MDNA but I don't know if there's any truth to it.

Sia songs work very good with Rihanna but I can't imagine Madonna singing any of them. Other songs by Sia sung by other artists are embarrassing many times,  like Sexersize by Kylie.  Horrendous. 

Maybe that was the song for Madonna BTW? 

I think that Sia has had wonderful wonderful songs like Diamonds or Titanium that would have had an amazing interpretation by Madonna, but maybe her style is too characteristic and that's why her work was declined. I would have liked to see what a collaboration between them would've produced. 

Prob didnt even got recorded as a demo, she prob only submitted

Move your body could work for M

16 minutes ago, Starman said:

Prob didnt even got recorded as a demo, she prob only submitted

Move your body could work for M

Move Your Body was written for Shakira and you can really tell it was cause Sia sort of tried to emulate her singing style! :lmao: 

19 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Move Your Body was written for Shakira and you can really tell it was cause Sia sort of tried to emulate her singing style! :lmao: 

I noticed that :lol:

But the unshakira parts kind of reminded of somethin mdna would have

16 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Am I the only one that doesn't see the big deal about Sia? 

Not at all excited for Madonna to work with her. 

Nope, you're not the only one. 

She has an enjoyable song or two, but there's just something about her kind of work that does absolutely nothing for me. I couldn't name or remember a single stand-out song that says "oh yeah, that will be played years from now". The whole not showing her face/using her looks thing, combined with the marketing of her as a 'real' songwriter for (too many) artists, allows her work to appear better than it is in a current sea of mediocrity. But I would say it's barely above that. 

11 minutes ago, Starman said:

I noticed that :lol:

But the unshakira parts kind of reminded of somethin mdna would have

Well, to be fair anything could have fit on MDNA that uncohesive mess. :lol: 

50 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Neither do I, but I do think that Titanium and Diamonds are very good and beautiful songs, but everything in between those two sounds very very similar and very Sia to me.

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

Me neither. Don't much like her voice or songs! 

Did enjoy when Azealia Banks went off on Sia.🤣

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

She has a couple of good tracks, but everything sounds "Sia" these days... Ed Sheeran's new album is full of sound-a-like tracks for example.

I wouldn't mind one Sia co-written song on any upcoming M album, but more in the vein of Chained to the Rhythm than Cheap Thrills.

She did a good job for Katy Perry with her new song. First decent Katy Perry song, possibly ever.

And thank god Shakira never did "Move Your Body" - does she have hits these days? Sia's own version is class.

4 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

Well, to be fair anything could have fit on MDNA that uncohesive mess. :lol: 

Hmmm, not quite. I can't see Sia's work fitting in on MDNA's thicker, EDM oriented sound.

Let's not forget that Greg Kurstin and Jesse Shatkin (Sia's main producers) probably wouldn't have been involved in the production of the tracks (Orbit probably would have handled those duties with Madonna), so the sound itself would have been very different to Sia's own work (Sia's not a producer, unlike Madonna).  Interestingly, a couple of years later, Sia would go on to work with Diplo (a year before Madonna did).

I'm kind of surprised by the anti-Sia sentiment in here, to be honest.  I've been a fan of her work since the very early 2000s (I bought her debut single, "Taken For Granted").  I remember watching intrigued as she publicly discussed obtaining permission to include "Oh Father" on her album with Guy Oseary via Twitter early in 2010.  Sia was asking Guy whether they had received her recording and he said that they had and loved it, but didn't understand the urgency involved in needing a response.  She said that her deadline was looking and she really wanted it on the album ("Oh Father" wasn't mentioned by name, but it was obvious what they were talking about).

Her live vocals are amazing, she really is a great talent. I don't think her style would suit M, its more storytelling than personal which M seems to do more and more of. Her songs are quite stand on their own disconnected. (Nothing wrong with that) I just couldn't imagine M doing one unless it was for a soundtrack, time will tell.

I think Madonna would do wonders with a Sia song.  Madonna makes music her own and would interpret and sing them way different than Sia would.  She has the versatility and ability to sing any type of music and I would love to hear what she does with a Sia song. 

I'm not personally a fan of Sia's music myself, but I've always thought she's been the one responsible for bringing that mid-tempo not-quite-a-jam-not-quite-a-ballad sound back into popularity. I think a Madonna songwriting collaboration could have had interesting results!

I am going to sound a bit negative here but the only Sia songs that really work are the ones sung screaming.  You have to scream A LOT to sing them properly or have a very powerful voice and since like ten years Madonna is unable to sing with a powerful voice. The voice she used to use. 

Kill me,  do whatever you like but it's true.  Since the Hung Up bridge I don't recall any song that has the typical euphoric roar of Madonna.  And it's VERY missed in songs like Hold Tight or Living For Love. She started using that voice less and less since Rescue Me.  I wonder why because in the Girlie Show she had no problem with it,  so it's not about her throat problems during BAT  

I don't know if finally her throat got enough after so many tours or she decided that. But there's certainly a lack of volume too. It was evident in her performance of Open Your Heart in the Grammys with that group and the Prince homage.  

That said,  no Sia good song could have worked properly.  

It's not cool to say that negative opinion but that's my opinion.  Maybe I'm wrong?

I don't know TBH, I'm starting to get tired of Sia