MadonnaNation.com Forums

Which is the tour performance of Like a Prayer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the tour performance of Like a Prayer?

• Blond Ambition World Tour (1990)
    • ReInvention World Tour (2004)
    • Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008-09)
    • MDNA Tour (2012)

I'm only considering tours in which the song was an official part of the setlist so no special RHT performances and no special concert performances (Live 8, Hope for Haiti). Only Madonna tours. So let's get this started, what do you think it's the best live tour performance of this iconic Madonna song?

1.  Blond Ambition World Tour 

2. Re-Invention World Tour

3. Sticky & Sweet Tour

4. MDNA Tour

To me it's MDNA Tour hands down. RIT was special because she hadn't performed it live in 14 years and it was definitely a highlight; for BAT there were people who wanted to see her recreate the controversy from the music video or  continue with the easter sexual vibes of the previous LAV performance, instead she gave us one of her best, choreographed performances in tour history. S&S, while certainly a highlight, was just odd. The EDM remix version of the song just didn't worked. But the MDNA version had the entire stadium clapping, dancing and singing along. No weird remixes, no acoustic version, instead a sing-along that allowed Madonna to interact with the audience. Dare I say, it would've been a better closer than Celebration.

Can't wait to hear your opinions.

Blond Ambition, although MDNA isn't that far behind.

Blond Ambition > MDNA > Sticky & Sweet > Reinvention > Rebel Heart

But all versions are great in there own way!!!

MDNA just barely beats out BA for me! 

Did enjoy simple LAP for RIT. Was never to crazy for S & S version even though most fans love it.....

There is no competition.  BA is iconic and will never be beaten.  One of the best live performances by any artist ever!   

Blond Ambition. 

BA

BAT of course

I love these polls. Can someone creae one for Vogue, I am so curious to see, but only from tours and not including the Vogue sampling in RHT

Re-Invention Tour because of the real passion she put into it.

All of them are GREAT but the BAT performance is out of this world.

Blond Ambition. Not even close. Not just the best rendition of the song, one of the best performances of her career. Perfection.

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I love these polls. Can someone creae one for Vogue, I am so curious to see, but only from tours and not including the Vogue sampling in RHT

Can't you create it?

5 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

The S&S remix gave me new life.

It's epic!

I loved the MDNA version so much! a highlight of the show. Due to this, it gets my vote! :)

I guess RIT? 

I don't know...none of the other version really cut it for me. I despise that awful dance version that she also put on IC. She also performed an even more watered down version on MDNA although she had those Kalakan guys there who could have added some epic drums to it. Wasted opportunity.

S&S was epic but as soon as the verses start, it falls flat and looses all the oomph.

LAP is the only song I wouldn't mind hearing the album version on tour since she has never actually performed the album version although it's superior!

Blond ambition and MDNA versions are the most similar/original. But bat is the best