MadonnaNation.com Forums
mnino

The Girlie Show: Iconic

It's among my TOP 5 favorite tours from her. It's really amazing. I just think I'm Going Bananas, In This Life and The Beast Within could have been replaced with some better songs.

Girlie Show is EPIC, one of her best, so creative & inspiring. Agree that IGB should have been replaced but it is just a bit of fun...

Honestly, it's THE tour I've watch more than any others.  Her dancing, singing, and charisma were the best!!  I love re-watching all of M's tours....but TGS has that little bit of "something" that is not there in other tours.  It (for me) is RAW!!! 

I dont understand why I dont love this tour, I mean yes it is original, creative and full of energy but I just cant get into it and I try, really hard, I just dont love it and I dont know why, but everyone seems to love it so probably I am the strange one.

THIS IS PERFECT

On 4/21/2017 at 0:17 PM, erotica blu said:

200 is a steep price. 

How much would you be willing to pay for them?

On 4/29/2017 at 7:02 PM, Bat-Fan said:

I dont understand why I dont love this tour, I mean yes it is original, creative and full of energy but I just cant get into it and I try, really hard, I just dont love it and I dont know why, but everyone seems to love it so probably I am the strange one.

Nah. You're fine. Everyone has their own preferences. I personally loved it, but I think Who's That Girl is the best tour. It had all the 80's awesomeness I wanted out of Madonna. 😍😍😍

Girlie Show was epic. My absolute favourite and IMO the best tour Madonna has put together. 

I am still crying over the fact that she canceled Frankfurt only two days before the gig. The show looks fantastic on DVD.

3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I am still crying over the fact that she canceled Frankfurt only two days before the gig. The show looks fantastic on DVD.

I remember that big David Copperfield mess!

On 3/18/2017 at 2:33 PM, material_boy said:

God, I've seen this show so many times I used to say "gimme some kick baby" as if it was a common turn of phrase.

I use that all the time. Also, anytime I hear someone use the word deep, I break out into a full "deep, deep, deep, deeeep"

Also, I can't listen to Rain without breaking out into Just My Imagination. LOL. 

Know that many fans LOVE this tour, but I'm not nearly as crazy about of it as other folks. I tend to watch this tour less than all the others even though erotica, fever, & LIB are undeniably awesome.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:08 AM, Sanctuary said:

Also, I can't listen to Rain without breaking out into Just My Imagination. LOL. 

LOL me too!!!!!!
The same happens with the extra bits in Express yourself!! This show is a musical masterpiece, soooooo well thought-out.

15 hours ago, cocolattee said:

LOL me too!!!!!!
The same happens with the extra bits in Express yourself!! This show is a musical masterpiece, soooooo well thought-out.

Same. I think I may know which parts. To this day my best friend and I fill them in when we listen to the album version. I love the part between Express Yourself and Deeper & Deeper when she says, "Omar, give me some kick, baby". 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

Same. I think I may know which parts. To this day my best friend and I fill them in when we listen to the album version. I love the part between Express Yourself and Deeper & Deeper when she says, "Omar, give me some kick, baby". 🤣🤣🤣

a friend and I had the same conversation, we consider the GS version of Express Yourself the definitive one
I love the part when she walks down the runway and she's on her knees
So EEExpress YOurSEEEEEEEEEEEEELf!

1 hour ago, cocolattee said:

a friend and I had the same conversation, we consider the GS version of Express Yourself the definitive one
I love the part when she walks down the runway and she's on her knees
So EEExpress YOurSEEEEEEEEEEEEELf!

And the part when she messes up and ends up singing way ahead of Nikki and Donna on one of those Eeeexpress Yourseeeeeeeelfs. LOL. 

4 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

And the part when she messes up and ends up singing way ahead of Nikki and Donna on one of those Eeeexpress Yourseeeeeeeelfs. LOL. 

I was actually surprised that ended up on the official recording
considering the perfectionist that she is....

11 hours ago, cocolattee said:

I was actually surprised that ended up on the official recording
considering the perfectionist that she is....

This is what I want from all her show videos. Cough. Rebel Heart Tour. Cough. 

Well she had no choice, the official recording date was rained out and canceled, so they had to go with the back up video, filmed from an earlier date.

On 6/19/2017 at 2:49 AM, Nick said:

Know that many fans LOVE this tour, but I'm not nearly as crazy about of it as other folks. I tend to watch this tour less than all the others even though erotica, fever, & LIB are undeniably awesome.

Absolutely this. 

9 hours ago, acko said:

Well she had no choice, the official recording date was rained out and canceled, so they had to go with the back up video, filmed from an earlier date.

Yes, she also messed up the lyrics during In This Life, mid song the album version appeared for a few seconds and they cut to a shot away from her but you could still see her face.

They made it a lot better on the released one, almost unnoticeable.

On 27.6.2017 at 8:33 AM, Gus said:

Yes, she also messed up the lyrics during In This Life, mid song the album version appeared for a few seconds and they cut to a shot away from her but you could still see her face.

They made it a lot better on the released one, almost unnoticeable.

Which part is it? I never noticed...

9 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Which part is it? I never noticed...

The "And i didn't have a chance to say goodbye" line at 2:43(on the Hbo version it was much more noticeable)

17 minutes ago, Gus said:

The "And i didn't have a chance to say goodbye" line at 2:43(on the Hbo version it was much more noticeable)

Thank you! :)