mnino

The Girlie Show: Iconic

96 posts in this topic

i loved how she incorporated old songs into the set list. it was brilliant.

everyone expected a raunchy nude show....and she went the other way...i love it all. 

On 3/18/2017 at 3:33 PM, material_boy said:

LITERALLY DEAD

God, I've seen this show so many times I used to say "gimme some kick baby" as if it was a common turn of phrase.

See, this is why I need more Madonna fans in my life! I reference her ALL THE TIME :rotfl:

On 3/21/2017 at 1:43 AM, Crystal Coffin said:

While BAT is the legendary show which gave the world her most iconic moments, the weak parts are quite bad. I can't watch that "Cherish" and "Material Girl" anymore. 

This 100%, plus the 1/4 of the show dedicated to promote Dick Tracy :/ 

On 3/20/2017 at 0:28 PM, runa said:

And I can't at people complaining about LAV (just like they complained about it during MDNA) :rolleyes:. That's what makes M a REAL artist. She reinvents her own song, give them a new meaning, get us out of our comfort zone. And I thank her for that. 

THIS. 

The Dietrich LAV is something that only Madonna can truly pull off. It's what sets her apart from all the rest of the typical pop fluff...especially on stage.

True performance ART.

40 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS. 

The Dietrich LAV is something that only Madonna can truly pull off. It's what sets her apart from all the rest of the typical pop fluff...especially on stage.

True performance ART.

I Couldnt agree more.

Is anyone is New York interested in buying US Tour Books for :  Blonde Ambition, The Girlie Show and Drowned World?  I have one of each if anyone is interested.  Thanks.

Elephant in the room we worship the Erotica era and all that came with it. The backlash screwed the LA fans for a tour date. I prefer challenging set list like The Girlie Show's where there is not a concern about catering to expectation of the hits.

Is anyone is New York interested in buying US Tour Books for :  Blonde Ambition, The Girlie Show and Drowned World?  I have one of each if anyone is interested.  Thanks.

I am. How much?

I am. How much?

Do you live in the NYC area?  I can only meet in person.  I don't ship.  I can sell you all three for $200.  All 2 are in excellent condition and have been well-preserved.

WP_20170421_11_11_24_Pro.jpg

Do you live in the NYC area?  I can only meet in person.  I don't ship.  I can sell you all three for $200.  All 2 are in excellent condition and have been well-preserved.

Don't worry then.

200 is a steep price. 

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the setlist per se'. I just wish she would've added 3-4 more songs. And I'm not asking for more hits at all. I wanted more from Erotica. Waiting, Words, Thief of Hearts, Bad Girl. 

As for Like A Wirgin. It's not my fave. I appreciate the artistic quality of it, I really do. It was a bold performance that only Madonna can pull off, but it's just not my cup of tea. 

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the setlist per se'. I just wish she would've added 3-4 more songs. And I'm not asking for more hits at all. I wanted more from Erotica. Waiting, Words, Thief of Hearts, Bad Girl. 

As for Like A Wirgin. It's not my fave. I appreciate the artistic quality of it, I really do. It was a bold performance that only Madonna can pull off, but it's just not my cup of tea. 

Like a Virgin is the best comedic bit of her entire touring career.

Love this thread! And this is BY FAR her best and most important tour. Perfect in every single way. Took my Madonna concert virginity at age 15...her first in Australia. My life changed forever. 

I remember singing every single word at the top of my lungs, and everyone around was confused. Clearly not super fans like me. I could barely see a thing, but it was everything!

I'm now re-watching old news clips on YouTube. What a time! So glad she didn't give a single fuck during this era. Solidified her position as the most important female artist of all time!

And I'll also add, that she was the most energetic and happy in this show. Highly structured, but the way she moved on that stage was still organic, electric and showcased her impeccable dance skills. Great vocals too...she just totally went for it in every way!

I still cry at the end when she reveals herself as the clown! Perfection!! :bow::bow::bow:

It's among my TOP 5 favorite tours from her. It's really amazing. I just think I'm Going Bananas, In This Life and The Beast Within could have been replaced with some better songs.

Girlie Show is EPIC, one of her best, so creative & inspiring. Agree that IGB should have been replaced but it is just a bit of fun...

Honestly, it's THE tour I've watch more than any others.  Her dancing, singing, and charisma were the best!!  I love re-watching all of M's tours....but TGS has that little bit of "something" that is not there in other tours.  It (for me) is RAW!!! 

I dont understand why I dont love this tour, I mean yes it is original, creative and full of energy but I just cant get into it and I try, really hard, I just dont love it and I dont know why, but everyone seems to love it so probably I am the strange one.

THIS IS PERFECT