MadonnaNation.com Forums
mnino

The Girlie Show: Iconic

Just now, Starman said:

Its very different from everything, almost as a new persona

Well she does that allot

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Well she does that allot

Yes, but the performances are very artsy and theater like, and a lot of underground songs

Its not for mass consumption as other tours

The Girlie Show is just perfection, I understand why people say Blonde Ambition is more ICONIC, but I've always liked the GS a lot more
And I ADORE the short hair look, yes it aged her a bit but she looks so damn sexy and cool in her unique muscular and androgynus kind of way (thank God they went for blonde hair though)

The setlist would have been better with a few minor changes (that Like a virgin version is just NO. Worse than MDNA). Something like this:

Erotica
Fever
Vogue
Rain/Rain dance

Express yourself
Deeper & Deeper
Why's it so hard
Live to tell
The beast within

Bye bye baby
Hanky Panky
La isla bonita
Holiday

Justify my love
Everybody

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Iconic" is not the right word to describe this (great) tour. 

I wouldnt use the word Iconic either. Bat and Confessions are more iconic. Girlie Show has high artistic quality and is very one of a kind show. I have always seen GS and DWT as her most avant garde tours.

DWT is beautiful, and only Madonna could ever pull off such a magnificent show (many of her own "fans" hate that tour, of course, no surprise here).

The more I love DWT, the more I "hate" people like MJ, Whitney (who had a great voice), Cyndi Lauper...sorry, those people are not even good enough to lick a dirt off Madonna's boots. Madonna is not merely an "'80s icon", she's a TIMELESS artist, don't you ever dare say something else about her. 

I don't get the whole setlist beef, the show is seamless the way it is...it doesn't need no Fucking Like A Prayer.

Changing the setlist on the GS would b like trying 2 rewrite a Classic Movie.

OMG to have LAP on Girlie Show :rotfl: While I love "Like a Prayer", that's gross, that's actually more disgusting than finding someone's hair in your food. Yikes. 

Fuck LAP, she chose to give us the Dietrich "Like a Virgin" instead and if you're too weak to handle that decision, Madonna isn't for you. Have fun with your Phil Collins CD, tqvm. 

2 hours ago, acko said:

I don't get the whole setlist beef, the show is seamless the way it is...it doesn't need no Fucking Like A Prayer.

Changing the setlist on the GS would b like trying 2 rewrite a Classic Movie.

I just think the setlist is a bit short, only 15 song, not including interl. I just wish there would have been more songs from the Erotica album. I agree that Like A Prayer has no place in GS. 

While BAT is the legendary show which gave the world her most iconic moments, the weak parts are quite bad. I can't watch that "Cherish" and "Material Girl" anymore. 

I love everything about that show, except I would have thrown Bad Girl somewhere. 

And I can't at people complaining about LAV (just like they complained about it during MDNA) :rolleyes:. That's what makes M a REAL artist. She reinvents her own song, give them a new meaning, get us out of our comfort zone. And I thank her for that. 

GS is really the greatest show on Earth.

And it was her very last show with a pure live music :) then the samples came. But the live mixes were much more LIVE than the samples that have been used in the following/recent tours.

Any show that has I'm going bananas instead of her current single could never be iconic !! 

Beginning of TrollDonna and picking setlists 

21 minutes ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

Any show that has I'm going bananas instead of her current single could never be iconic !! 

While Madonna is the greatest live act ever...ironically she has the worst fans. The evidence? Read your post. 

By the way, the blatant miming to NOW I'M FOLLOWING YOU on Blond Ambition Tour...that is trolling, not singing "I'm Going Bananas" for like 2 minutes as the perfect intro to "La Isla Bonita". Try harder next time. 

1 hour ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

It was just a fun way to change costume. It was great.

Bad Girl, like Like a Prayer, wouldn't have fitted anywhere in the show.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

It was just a fun way to change costume. It was great.

Bad Girl, like Like a Prayer, wouldn't have fitted anywhere in the show.

Bad Girl could've fitted beautifully right after Why's it So Hard

12 hours ago, runa said:

I love everything about that show, except I would have thrown Bad Girl somewhere. 

And I can't at people complaining about LAV (just like they complained about it during MDNA) :rolleyes:. That's what makes M a REAL artist. She reinvents her own song, give them a new meaning, get us out of our comfort zone. And I thank her for that. 

this is fucking cool. some people don't know whats good ;)

I'm Going Bananas is one of my favorite parts of the show. I didn't know someone disliked it. 

13 hours ago, runa said:

it's not about Madonna experimenting with her own songs on stage
thank God she's not performing the same songs the same exact way over and over again

it's just that you may like some re-inventions better than others, it's just a matter of personal taste... what's the big deal....

On 20/03/2017 at 11:37 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

she chose to give us the Dietrich "Like a Virgin" instead and if you're too weak to handle that decision, Madonna isn't for you. 

:lmao: When I saw this live,  I was up in the Gods at the MCG.  A guy sitting near me was cursing and carrying on about " this is not Like a virgin"  and what is she singing.  Stupid fool whined throughout the whole song !  I wanted to hit him.  :lol:

57 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

:lmao: When I saw this live,  I was up in the Gods at the MCG.  A guy sitting near me was cursing and carrying on about " this is not Like a virgin"  and what is she singing.  Stupid fool whined throughout the whole song !  I wanted to hit him.  :lol:

what a jerk. I hope he's dead.

Well Madonna never considers the fact that playing a stadium implies, certainly from the adiences point of view..,

that there shall b hits, loads of em... :chuckle:

21 hours ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

There's bats in your belfry.

raw-2.gif