MadonnaNation.com Forums

the grammys when she was lifted up up up up. iconic!

Living for love is interesting.  I love it but it is a song I feel is a grower.  I like the more euphoric version that she originally went with and was disappointed that she always used the alternative mix on the tour.  I thought the video clip was artistic, beautiful and vivid but did not reach me the way some of her other videos did  That sounds harsh and critical but I feel that Madonna has made the most watchable, interesting and amazing video clips ever.   The video was still wonderful though, Madonna looked beautiful, her dancing was great and dancers with the bulls horns were brilliant.  Loved that the lyrics went against the victim mentality of lost love that everyone trots out and also that she kept the theme with the bulls and cape throughout.   Of course her performance at the Brits was everything and the fall and her bravery and professionalism of continuing with the song after the fall,  makes the lyrics even more fitting. 

Lord Lord lift me , help me is the bets part.

1 hour ago, dubtronic said:

thanks for mentioning my version!

you're welcome! it's just brilliant :thumbsup:

I feel like there's something missing from this track. It just didn't resonate with me. I do like some of the remixes.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

This moment....

Madonna_Performs_Living_For_Love_Live_At_GRAMMY_S.gif

:inlove:

Love the song and its message.

It's a bit anti-climatic though, the breakdown parts after the chorus don't sound finished somehow. The vocal production in the verses, especially the first one, is a bit robotic and nasally, but apart from these things, it's a really good song. Uplifiting, empowering and exciting. Despite its flaws, the production has really interesting elements to it. Love the choir, the beats and the sound of the piano, especially during the intro/first verse.  

8 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

This is great!!!!!

Yes! The raw vocals without autotune sound so much better in my opinion

It lacks a building up that leads to a bridge.  And Madonna is a master writing that. We are so spoiled with perfectly crafted songs that we notice right away when a song is half worked with her :lol:

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Yes! The raw vocals without autotune sound so much better in my opinion

I agree !

and I agree with @jazzyjan: too bad she used that boring remix during the tour. Album version is LIFE !! :inlove:

Btw I love how they added the stomping sounds to the video and some performances for the breakdown. Such a good effect!

22 hours ago, karbatal said:

It lacks a building up that leads to a bridge.  And Madonna is a master writing that. We are so spoiled with perfectly crafted songs that we notice right away when a song is half worked with her :lol:

I LOVE the song, but it would have been even stronger with a classic Madonna bridge, and more choir vocals (esp. on the 'Up, up, up, up" part).

I was obsessed with this song in 2015. 

And as I said a couple days ago. The melody and lyrics are amazing. She should have performed it with a piano anda gospel.  But i think it could have been even more great if they'd wrote a chorus (and a better mix) because sometimes it seems like a remix of the original song. That was my first impression when i hearded it.

The demo 2 is great too

This remains her best lead single since Music imo. What a heroic and epic track. I don't care what anyone else says...had this been released by someone else it would have been really big. Only thing I wish is that she should have kept the house beat from Demo 3 (not the first leaked demo). Then let Disclosure do a radio remix or something and BOOM SOTY right there.

The Matador theme for the video was cute but I would have preferred something more heroic like Madonna and her army waking up on a battlefield in their armor. M rocking that medieval warrior goddess look. Kind of funny she later used that exact theme for the Iconic intro video.