MadonnaNation.com Forums

Can we forget about charts and sales and appreciate this powerhouse anthem? 

one of the best videos of her career, a moving painting

The live version in all its glory + one of M's most iconic performances ever.

The already iconic matador reinvention

Madonna-Living-for-Love.jpg

last but not least, @dubtronic  's extended version, which is my favorite version of the song.

Appreciate :bow:

This song felt like a breath of fresh air after MDNA. It's classic Madonna.

The intro, pure Madonna's kind of intros. 

The message of the song, pure Madonna's message. 

The video, pure Madonna's cinematic artistic video experience and expression.  

The Brits performance, pure Madonna's power and testament of her will and personality. 

The Rebel Heart tour performance, pure Madonna's iconic ART IN MOVEMENT. 

I'm LIVING FOR LOVE for M! 

This song would've been perfect if the verse had better vocal mixing.

Has become one of my all time faves and an anthem and mantra for my LIFE, MAMA! Classic Madonna, I was sure it would be absolutely huge when I heard it, and it has only grown on me. The live performances are some of my favorite performances of her career. Adored her on Ellen and Jonathan Ross, the Brits awards were epic and iconic, and RHT was breathtaking and perfect. What a song! I agree about vocal mixing on the verses...

I will never get tired of listening to this anthem. It's another Madonna classic to me. 

I can spend hours watching the video trying to figure out the meanings and symbolisms. It's such a great theme. Simple and full of hidden messages. 

Everyone seems to like this song who aren't fans . It's quite well known . 

I adore it . I still prefer the Grammys version with the breakdown in it

Just now, Dr Lecter said:

Everyone seems to like this song who aren't fans . It's quite well known . 

I adore it . I still prefer the Grammys version with the breakdown in it

Agree, some friends of mine who aren't Madonna fans all praise it (well to be fair here in Italy it was quite a hit :laugh:, not on Ghosttown's level but it was). 

It's wonderful. I'm never tired of the video. As Orion says,  it's a moving painting,  goyesque.  She loves art so much,  brought the bull fighting scenes from Goya to move. The paintings he created after the independence war in Spain from Napoleon,  when he was so sad with the lack of humanity of human beings and painted the demons within.  

The song is so powerful.  I still feel other vocals would have done wonders,  but it's her vision and I respect it. 

The performances... The Grammys and THE BRITS!  

Love it. Such a present for fans.. 

Recently rediscovered LFL after not listening for a while. My favorite version is the demo. 

Know some fans did not like the official remixes, but thought some were great anyway. 

Just watched the video today out of nowhere and forgot how amazing the video is! She is such a diva, legend, grand dame in it! I love it. 

Best lead since Music.

this song is pure power and always lifts me up! :inlove::inlove:

This is an incredible song and deserved more appreciation globally in general. It translates so much better live than in the video though.

Love it. Living For Love is the most Madonna-ish song since Like A Prayer, if it was released in the 80's or early 90's it would have been huge. The music video could have been better (that red layer was too much), but the promo performances are all fantastic (the Brits's one is pure Madonna, no need for words) and I hope Madonna adds this instant classic to every future tour setlist.

I've loved it since the very first day the demo leaked! And yes I agree it's got pure classic Madonna written all over it :inlove: I remember that interview where she stated she wanted her new album to be all about melodies again and I feel like Living For Love is one of the best examples - it's very reminiscent of the killer hooks in her 80's and early 90' singles! Beautiful and motivating lyrics too.

I just wish she would have developed the song a little further, the original demo had a lot of potential IMO with the choir and the "Lord lord lift me" part and I feel like the released version was a little step back again. I don't want to turn this thread into a "was the demo better" discussion again though so I'm going to stop there :)

Oh and the live versions were all amazing too, especially the Brits version, such a powerful performance! Especially adored the dance breakdown before the last chorus. The remix version she used in some of the TV shows as well as in the tour needed some time to grow on me, but now I really enjoy that version too.

Such a powerful song in every incarnation!

It's a magical song. A total anthem. She really re-captured the essence of who she is with this single in every way. 

The image. The video. The lyrics. All of it. 

I haven't gone back to Madonna lead single like this since Hung Up. This will fit beautifully in her discography along side classics like Holiday, Like A Prayer, Music, and Vouge. 

Sadly, I don't know if I can see her ever performing it on tour again. 

This moment....

Madonna_Performs_Living_For_Love_Live_At_GRAMMY_S.gif

I loved it the first time I heard it. I felt like she wrote about a part of life I went through, and I was amazed. The video is awesome, and I love when she takes her videos and translates them live, and live was astounding.

Yes,  lyrics can be really inspiring and I related to them too.