MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
material_boy

POLL: What should have been the sixth single from "Erotica?"

What should have been "Erotica"'s sixth single?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What should have been "Erotica"'s sixth single?

• Bye Bye Baby
    • Where Life Begins
    • Waiting
    • Thief of Hearts
    • Words
    • Why's It So Hard
    • In This Life
    • Did You Do It?
    • Secret Garden

S.E.X.    0

Words obviously. A song without sung verses would have flopped. Aside from that Waiting is one of my least favorite Madonna songs of all time. I never got the love for it.

Edited by S.E.X.

dollhouse    0

6th single was "Bye Bye Baby".

They should've just widen the release.

7th single should've been "Why ITs so HARD".

dollhouse    0
1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

DID YOU DO IT? :lmao: 

No.

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I wish "Words" was the 6th single and performed live on the tour as well 

I voted "WISH," but I thought "Words" was gonna win this poll. Surprised it's in third.

Just now, material_boy said:

I voted "WISH," but I thought "Words" was gonna win this poll. Surprised it's in third.

A shortened version of "Words" would fit to be performed after "Why's It So Hard" but hey...that's another discussion :rotfl: 

Also, remember that WISH was supposed to have a Jamaican guy rapping in it, but finally they didn't include it because they thought the rap was "too rough" or something to that effect. 

2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

A shortened version of "Words" would fit to be performed after "Why's It So Hard" but hey...that's another discussion :rotfl:

Oh, if I was gonna add any song to the Girlie Show setlist, it'd be "Where Life Begins" -- performed during the orgy scene between "Deeper and Deeper" and "Why's it So Hard?" :wow:

Django    0

Did you do it? -You know I did it tumblr_m6xefcIV401raa31eo1_250.gif

Did you do it? -You know I did it tumblr_m6xefcIV401raa31eo1_250.gif

I let the seat recline and I hit it tumblr_m6xefcIV401raa31eo1_250.gif

Pedro    0
5 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

DID YOU DO IT? :lmao: 

Yes! I ❤ it 

LHakaLH    0

Why's it So Hard or Words

vocalism    0
On 3/15/2017 at 4:17 PM, material_boy said:

It's 1993. Madonna is the biggest star in the world, but "Erotica"'s release was met with massive backlash. After five singles -- "Erotica," "Deeper and Deeper," "Bad Girl," "Fever," and "Rain" -- the album has sold five million copies. The queen has embarked on the Girlie Show tour to remind the world that she's the best there is at what she does, and Warner Bros. Records has asked you to pick the album's next single release in hopes of capitalizing on the tour's success returning the album to the charts. This will be a major release, complete with music video. What's your choice?

NOTES:

• Yes, I know "Bye Bye Baby" was released as a single in some territories, but I am only counting the five singles that saw wide release. "BBB" was limited to just Australia and New Zealand to help promote Madonna's first tour Down Under. (And, for some reason, Italy too.) I have not counted limited releases as singles in any of these polls. No one complained about this in the "Like a Virgin" poll, even though "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" and "Over and Over" both saw limited releases in 1985, but for some reason it was hugely problematic in the "Like a Prayer" poll that I didn't count "Keep it Together" as a single even though its release was also limited to just a few countries.
  • I am counting "Fever" as a single since it was released worldwide, except to the U.S. and Canada, where it was the B-side to "Bad Girl."
  • I think this system makes sense -- if a single was only released in a few countries then I'm going to say "that doesn't count as a single," but if was released everywhere except a few countries then I'm going to say "that counts as a single" -- but I just want to be clear on my reasoning since the "LAP" topic turned into a damn mess.

Previous rounds:

I went with "Words" because it was always my pick for a single back at the time. In retrospect I don't think it would have done very well (at least on US radio), but it would have killed in the clubs and a video would have been cool.

Regarding KIT, the reason I think that one caused so much "uproar" in your LAP thread is because it was released in the US, Canada, and Japan - three of her biggest markets. I know, I know, the world is more than the US, but America alone is the biggest market in the world and while I don't know what the breakdown of fans is on this board (would be interesting to do a poll), I wager to guess that fans from the US make up the largest percentage on here. I think everyone knows KIT was a single, if not in all countries.

johnpaul911    0

Theif of hearts would have been a huge hit. I always wondered why she didnt release it as a single.

nightcutter    0

Waiting. It's one of the strongest tracks on album. I was surprised when it never got released.

I'm kind of surprised to see so many votes for WISH. I expected Words and Waiting to run away with this poll. WISH is a fine song, but I don't go back to it often. Words was what was all over the radio at the time and was one of the 'safer' songs off on the album. It wouldn't have been a number one smash, but I think it would've ridden the success of Rain into the top 10. 

S.E.X.    0
On 17.3.2017 at 6:14 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

I wish "Words" was the 6th single and performed live on the tour as well 

YES YES YES! Right after that Hindu-inspired performance of Vogue. :inlove:

GregVsMatt    0

Bye Bye Baby was released in Australia, Japan and Germany (7" and 12") I think it counts as a 6th single already

7 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Bye Bye Baby was released in Australia, Japan and Germany (7" and 12") I think it counts as a 6th single already

Dear @GregVsMatt

The person who started this poll KNOWS the fact that "Bye Bye Baby" was a single in some territories. Please read what he wrote in the very first post of this thread. 

I wonder, why do people love replying to everything, commenting on this and that, without actually READING the subject properly first? This habit is rampant on social media. :confused: No wonder why civilizations worldwide are declining, humans cannot read anymore. 

dollhouse    0
On 17. maaliskuuta 2017 at 7:19 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

Also, remember that WISH was supposed to have a Jamaican guy rapping in it, but finally they didn't include it because they thought the rap was "too rough" or something to that effect. 

that was a mistake right there..it would've been massive.

dollhouse    0
4 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Well "Bye Bye Baby" kinda WAS the last single, well in Australia anyway. 

But I chose "Waiting", still a favourite today

It was the 6th single in Italy too.

And its obvious it would've been chosen in other countries too.

The real question is which for 7th? And WISH wouldve been the logical choice.