material_boy

POLL: What should have been the third single from "I'm Breathless?"

What should have been "I'm Breathless"'s third single?   117 members have voted

1. 1. What should have been "I'm Breathless"'s third single?

• He's a Man
    • Sooner or Later
    • I'm Going Bananas
    • Cry Baby
    • Something to Remember
    • Back in Business
    • More
    • What Can You Lose?
    • Now I'm Following You

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Yes! Imagine with THAT performance and 'where' she was at in her career mixed in the chart system we have today! :blink:. Viral views alone would skyrocket that song to the top 5 at the minimum!

Absolutely!  The playing field has changed so much now, thanks to pretty much everything counting towards the Billboard charts.  Sooner or Later would have rocketed up the charts.  Imagine how long LAP would have stayed at #1 if YouTube and views counting towards the Hot 100 had been a thing back then...!  Ditto for JMY and I'd bet my entire Madonna collection on "Erotica" being a #1 in the US if today's mechanisms had been in place.  GMAYL would have peaked even higher under today's conditions, too, thanks to the SB.

I voted for STR - it's such an amazing song!  I was in Year 12 when IB was released and I used to listen to it all the time while I was doing homework/studying.  My parents worried that the music would distract me, but they admitted their fears were unfounded when I got straight A's  :beret:  It's a brilliant album!!!

This is a tough one between "Something To Remember", "Back In Business", "He's A Man" and "Sooner or Later". I love them all.

NOw I´m following you...still waiting for it

Either Sooner or Later or Back in Business. They are probably my favourites on the album. I voted for Sooner or Later cause I was just listening to it.

There should have been more singles.

On 11.03.2017 at 2:07 AM, promise to try said:

NOw I´m following you...still waiting for it

I wonder this...

can she release any random single from her past albums :D turning back to the 90s... :D

STR. I think it was the most likely hit on the album after Vogue. Ballads were in at the time.

I chose NIFY - Had HP gotten an actual video, I can see this as like one of those continuation videos (since there are elements of HP in it). I really loved how cute she was when she performed this on tour. The whole routine where she wants to lip sync to the walk over to hand the recorded to have it played with the drum synchronized to her walk - to the whole dance. This will have transferred into a fun over the top video, maybe even a long form video where it is HP and NIFY combined, like in the show. Either that, or why not a completely new video with a shocking new look just for the video and a different performance. I loved how she kept us guessing back then. It will have been interesting hearing this song on the radio - or maybe she has some kind of new remix to keep it fresh.

On 10 March 2017 at 3:51 PM, Orion said:

Back in Business

I love this track and wish it were performed live. It would have been great!

MORE.

Sooner or Later and NIFY were intended to be released as singles from IB, but with TIC coming up, they were scrapped in favor of JML and Rescue Me

On 10.3.2017 at 4:51 PM, Orion said:

Back in Business

On 10.3.2017 at 5:16 PM, jazzyjan said:

Great minds think alike !   I love this song so much.  So many fantastic songs to choose from though. 

I'm Breathless is such a stunning album full of great tracks that could have been singles.  Madonna was the biggest star in the world by a mile at that time and people would have embraced so many of the amazing tracks on this album.  Should have been more singles released. 

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree and also voted for it. Great and fun song and could have been a hit. Imagine a pop remix of it! :shock: